Rochdale pubs

Be careful how you quote things Wayne, LL will think he is on a promise :grin:

Leeslover is gutted that Bar Vegas isnt open. He'd got his hopes up about getting everyone in the 'fun pub' with the tranny dj. That's what my man in the know told me anyway. :grin:

Wayne. I wouldnt worry about the adults either. There's hardly any of them - that can actually be bothered anymore. They just sit in the Church and talk about days gone by. The main old dale lad is a man called Moggy. He's doing the walk from Oldham to Rochdale on Tuesday in aid of Ernie. He's walking to Leeds from the white hart as well friday/saturday. I think trouble's the last thing on his mind. If you're not looking for trouble then you wont get it. If you are, Rochdale's hardly the type of place where it's difficult to pick a fight if you want one. Simple as. Same as Oldham or anywhere really. The Police will be all over town on tuesday - mainly because they dont want another Bradford scenario. Come the Litten Tree with me, butter, melia, etc if you're off a bit in the afternoon. Not sure what time we'll be there from, but pretty sure something will be sorted by Monday night so butter could let you know a time. Guess we'll be there pretty earlyish as it's butters birthday on sunday and him working that day means there's not much chance to celebrate it before then - and at £1.29 selected drinks. It'll be a cheap one.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

You mean what was Gullivers. I did a lot of my drinking training in there when it was a rockers pub. I ended up rolling out of there more than a few times when it was as close to the next morning as it was to the previous evening.

The Mucky Duck was Gullivers with another name. It's now called Last Orders, and is populated by the scrotes that are too drunk to find the Regal Moon in the afternoon. On the other hand, if you wanted to buy some pegs or get your driveway done, you'll probably do OK if you go in the evening.

So then, from the Summit:

Yew Tree (OK, but shut until 5pm)

Plough (Rough as spuds, but not too hostile)

Bay Horse (Rough as toast- Full of fighting Red Sox)

Lincoln Inn (Looks as rough as gravel)

Lord Nelson (Looks as rough as sandpaper)

Eagle (Quiet, probably rough)

Cask and Feather (Not too bad actually)

Last Orders (see above)

Regal Moon (Handily placed for the dole office)

See the general pattern?

The info i got was not about kids.

To be honest though, you know me, i will go where everyone else fancies going.

The other thing Chaddy is, can you really beleive that an away fixture against Rochdale will be anymore dangerous than going to Ninian Park, The New Den or Elland Road?

Eagle (Quiet, probably rough)

Think I was in there once, and made the acquaintance of a chap called Turbo Tony. HE was offering to sell pharmacuetical products in industrial quantities but appeared to have used most of his stock himself. It was one of the shadiest pubs I have ever been in, and that is going some.

The other thing Chaddy is, can you really beleive that an away fixture against Rochdale will be anymore dangerous than going to Ninian Park, The New Den or Elland Road?

Clearly not, but then if you went around Bermondsey mobbed up you would be dead before you got to a pub, never mind going into one.