Chris Armstrong

Guest sheridans_world
No i think we bought him with a clause from Bury?

Dont think it matters, we are entitled to put our own sell-on-clause on.

When that :censored: set up the move for Chris to Sheffield United with his board room pals there did he stick a sell on clause in?

Could be moving in a 450k deal to Ipswich.

If there was a sell on clause in that deal, which i would doubt, I wouldn't have thought the beneficiary was the club - if such arrangements are legal.

If there was a sell on clause in that deal, which i would doubt, I wouldn't have thought the beneficiary was the club - if such arrangements are legal.

Didn't we get a bit of cash when Fitz moved to Palace from Southampton that time? Memory failing me already at a young age :o

Didn't we get a bit of cash when Fitz moved to Palace from Southampton that time? Memory failing me already at a young age :o

Good point! and i have the same failing memory as you. Yes i think you are right and i remember being a bit gob smacked at the time that the deal seemed to have been done officially as it were. So if it was done with one deal at that time it might have been done with the other.

Would be nice to get an extra few quid in for TTA but as Sheff U and Colin were involved I'm not going to get too excited.

We got £250,000 for Fitz Hall, I remember because I was disgusted that Moore was offlaoding him so cheaply. I dont think we have any sell on clause with Armstrong considering players were being sold to balance the books immediatley and no one was thinking of the future... Especially since most didn't think we had one with that t**ser Moore!!

We got £250,000 for Fitz Hall, I remember because I was disgusted that Moore was offlaoding him so cheaply. I dont think we have any sell on clause with Armstrong considering players were being sold to balance the books immediatley and no one was thinking of the future... Especially since most didn't think we had one with that t**ser Moore!!

We did get a nice wedge from the sell on when Fitz went to the pie slurping :censored:bags. You'd hope that the contracts were all done in a similar way but maybe not - Fitz was hot property at the time and maybe a sell on was easier to negotiate given Everton valued him much higher, albeit that Fitz didn't want to go there.

We did get a nice wedge from the sell on when Fitz went to the pie slurping :censored:bags. You'd hope that the contracts were all done in a similar way but maybe not - Fitz was hot property at the time and maybe a sell on was easier to negotiate given Everton valued him much higher, albeit that Fitz didn't want to go there.

Is there not an automatic sell-on fee to go to the previous club when the player was under-24 when transferred? Assuming he was under-24 and I haven't imagined this :blush:

Is there not an automatic sell-on fee to go to the previous club when the player was under-24 when transferred? Assuming he was under-24 and I haven't imagined this :blush:

Seem to think that only applies once. Bury got that. Thats there for the club that brought him through.

Seem to think that only applies once. Bury got that. Thats there for the club that brought him through.

Could be wrong, but as I understand it the rule applies regardless of how many clubs the player has had, but it wouldn't go back in time. That rule was brought in after our fire sales via corrupt discussions between the football chiefs and the EU commission. Whatever your feelings on Europe or football, there is no two ways about it that the transfer/contract system is illegal under EU competition and labour laws, but they came up with a fudge.