On the booze on Tuesday

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Errrm, can I just say my comments were tongue in cheek.

I have it on good authority that any Dale firearms won't be loaded until the third round at the earliest.

Me and Zorrro will pick up a few irons from the locals just in case.

And before Exile starts, not irons as in the rhyming slang...

Am working in town anyway on Tuesday so am going for a few drinks here and then heading over to the Dale for the game. It's easier anyway, and bearing in mind I've never been to the Dale and don't know my way around...it sounds safer than chancing it and ending up somewhere I'd probably rather stay away from...

im drinking in the litten tree befor the game. we are all meeting in upsteps in Oldham then getting the mini bus their. There is 8 others meeting us there and 8 in the mini bus, should be heading to rochdale about 3 330 no later. will see you in there.

BRING ON THE BEER

Fear not lads, we're very welcoming us Dalies! If you're popping down early just stick to the town centre, you'll be fine there, there'll be a few of us around so should be a nice bit of banter going round. Can't wait, me :)

its stupid this talk how can people tell whether your from oldham or rochdale if u dont wear colours

Easy,Different accent-we say Goalkeeper they say Gaulkeeper,we say Milnrow they say Milnrer, we say Whitworth they say Whiterth.

Just staart a conversation about these subjects and you will soon find out!

Easy,Different accent-we say Goalkeeper they say Gaulkeeper,we say Milnrow they say Milnrer, we say Whitworth they say Whiterth.

Excellent - so if on Tuesday someone wearing a pie stained 95-96 Dale away shirt approaches me wielding a butchers knife and asks me to pronounce one of above said words, I can slur away, thus leading the fool to wrongly believe I am indeed "from round 'eyur"

Always one step ahead! ;)

Most Oldhamers and Rochdalians talk with (false) Manc-type accents these days.

It's only people from Whitworth who say, "Whiterth," it's them trying to be authentic and posh, as if they and only they know how to pronounce it as they learnt it from their greatgrandparents, who were inbreeding there for years before any outsiders came along. It's a bit like Saddleworth in many regards.

It's only people from Whitworth who say, "Whiterth," it's them trying to be authentic and posh, as if they and only they know how to pronounce it as they learnt it from their greatgrandparents, who were inbreeding there for years before any outsiders came along. It's a bit like Saddleworth in many regards.

Except that you can still get a house for £20.

Im just concerned about which firearms the locals may call on for a game of such magnitude......

Dont be put off lads.

These inbreds have attached themselves to us and are basically 12-20 somethings.

Best place is the Church Inn or the Cemetery.

Should be a great game.

Stay out of Town.

And lets give Ernies Memory a game to Remember.

And lets give Ernies Memory a game to Remember.

That's the other point of course, the Dale lads want to make this an occasion for Ernie's memory much the same as we do. Any of ours that are disgracing themselves in public sread on Tuesday deserve anything they get, and I'm sure the Daleys will feel the same about their own side. There's no shortage of spots both sides can meet if they want to get something together and leave a great occasion for the rest of us to enjoy.

If you do want a few beers at the ground, go into the Radclyffe bars at the side of the ground. If you've not been in, it's very nice inside and a lot more 'warmer' than the Clayton ever was - And i'm sure Patrick the manager would be pleased to sell his pies to Latics fans once more. he'd be pleased to see a big following of tics in his boozer again i'm sure!!

So where are people drinking then? Have sacked the idea of drinking in town and am heading over with a Citeh mate on the 1703 from Victoria. Where's best to head to from Rochdale station?

Straight down the hill into the centre, start at the Regal Moon for the cheap beer, then head towards the Town Hall and do a left up past the Nat West Bank and go in The Litten Tree.