Lets Be Biased

Guest M_OAFC

Guest M_OAFC

I know nostalgia has a habit of making you see things as you prefer to remember them rather than as they actually were but I'm sure that in years gone by our support was far more partisan. These days we all seem far too willing to acknowledge that a particular opposition player looks dangerous or that the referee probably called a controversial decision that went against us correctly and we are all too ready to admit the shortcomings of our own players. Yet I go away to some grounds and watch the opposition fans raging at a set of officials who don't appear to have had a diificult decision to make all day, watch them call us dirty as we get bullied all over the pitch and watch them act like they are playing like legends as their right winger falls over the ball for the third time in 10 minutes.

Well I reckon if we want to create the fortress Boundary Park that the manager and the skipper have called for this week then it's about time we started being more biased. More often than not our amdiration of opponents and concessions about refereeing decisions and our own players' weaknesses will be absolutely correct and if deep down we're all still thinking those things, well there's no harm in that. But outwardly I say we should all stop being so reasonable, get back to being good old fashioned partisan fans and just swear that black is white if it suits us.

From now on I propose we all agree that every decision that goes against is quite clearly a disgrace, every goal the opposition score is just plain lucky, every half decent thing we do is pure class, every mistake we make is down to nothing more than horrific bad luck of the highest order, and after every game we all agree that we deserved to win it regardless of what happened as we curse our rechid luck every time we don't and act with disbelief that anybody could conceivably construct such an argument when they claim we deserved to lose.

From now on I am blinkered. I see only what I want to see. I urge you to join me.

Edited by M_OAFC

I know nostalgia has a habit of making you see things as you prefer to remember them rather than as they actually were but I'm sure that in years gone by our support was far more partisan. These days we all seem far too willing to acknowledge that a particular opposition player looks dangerous or that the referee probably called a controversial decision that went against us correctly and we are all too ready to admit the shortcomings of our own players. Yet I go away to some grounds and watch the opposition fans raging at a set of officials who don't appear to have had a diificult decision to make all day, watch them call us dirty as we get bullied all over the pitch and watch them act like they are playing like legends as their right winger falls over the ball for the third time in 10 minutes.

Well I reckon if we want to create the fortress Boundary Park that the manager and the skipper have called for this week then it's about time we started being more biased. More often than not our amdiration of opponents and concessions about refereeing decisions and our own players' weaknesses will be absolutely correct and if deep down we're all still thinking those things, well there's no harm in that. But outwardly I say we should all stop being so reasonable, get back to being good old fashioned partisan fans and just swear that black is white if it suits us.

From now on I propose we all agree that every decision that goes against is quite clearly a disgrace, every goal the opposition score is just plain lucky, every half decent thing we do is pure class, every mistake we make is down to nothing more than horrific bad luck of the highest order, and after every game we all agree that we deserved to win it regardless of what happened as we curse our rechid luck every time we don't and act with disbelief that anybody could conceivably construct such an argument when they claim we deserved to lose.

From now on I am blinkered. I see only what I want to see. I urge you to join me.

This makes no sense whats the point. This would not help at all

From now on I propose we all agree that every decision that goes against is quite clearly a disgrace, every goal the opposition score is just plain lucky, every half decent thing we do is pure class, every mistake we make is down to nothing more than horrific bad luck of the highest order, and after every game we all agree that we deserved to win it regardless of what happened as we curse our rechid luck every time we don't and act with disbelief that anybody could conceivably construct such an argument when they claim we deserved to lose.From now on I am blinkered. I see only what I want to see. I urge you to join me.

that's not bias, sounds like my normal objective reaction to every game. :D See comments on previous thread about Mark (spit) Clattenburg. :angry:

Can we start by not applauding the visiting keeper when he takes up position at our end (both of our ends this season). Instead shout "Dodgy keeper!!" and fill him full of solf-doubt.

Also whenever a ball strikes one of their players in our penalty area, shout "Penalty!", instead of making me look foolish for being the only one shouting. It works when they do it at the Trafford Ballpark, so you know it makes sense.

Guest M_OAFC
This makes no sense whats the point. This would not help at all

I thought it was pretty obvious that the post was slightly tongue in cheek, but obviously not.

Having said that I dispute your assertion that a partisan crowd would not help at all.

Can we start by not applauding the visiting keeper when he takes up position at our end (both of our ends this season). Instead shout "Dodgy keeper!!" and fill him full of solf-doubt.

Also whenever a ball strikes one of their players in our penalty area, shout "Penalty!", instead of making me look foolish for being the only one shouting. It works when they do it at the Trafford Ballpark, so you know it makes sense.

oi...your not the only one :)

I am fully convince our team is full of world beaters.

I take your point that by 3.05 that will have changed so will promise to keep that view *

* But I reserver the right to change once the first goal has gone due to a mistake from Gregan and him giving a bollocking to anyone within 60 yards for his mistake!