Thanks to the Latics fans

I would just like to say thanks to all the Latics fans who attended the games last season and posted a brief match report on OWTB. I request you keep it up.

Living 10549 miles from BP, and having to listen to LW in the middle of the night, I enjoy reading other views of the game the following day (there’s always the Chron but that is days late for me).

So for many distant Latics fans and me, please keep up the good work in our season to come. It has been much appreciated in the past.

The good news for me is in a few weeks time I will be living only 3621 miles from BP, so I can make it to the play off final if we under achieve and miss out on automatic promotion.

KtF

I'll second that. It's always nice to get a flavour of Boundary Park by reading the posts on here. Thanks.

Here's to a successful season!!!

I live a mere 198 miles away - travelling up today with a pal for the game - full of expectation and a little trepidation too - you blues! :grin:

Yeah Shaw, a suburb of Melbourne Australia.

I am technically closer than you, but in practice further away. I'm in Albury and I would have to travel Albury to Melbourne just to fly back to blighty.

I really miss standing (edit: ooops Sitting, honestly stewards) in the Rocky Road. Come on all you boffins, it is 2008! Where are the teleportation machines like star trek???

Edited by BlueInAus

Morning update. 10.25am. Weather turned inclement. Persistant rain now falling and winds picking up. Set for the entire day. Well it wouldn't be BP other ways would it!!!

just spoke to latics fan in manchester ,he says its pouring down there ,just to rubb it in here its only 34c

I am technically closer than you, but in practice further away. I'm in Albury and I would have to travel Albury to Melbourne just to fly back to blighty.

I really miss standing (edit: ooops Sitting, honestly stewards) in the Rocky Road. Come on all you boffins, it is 2008! Where are the teleportation machines like star trek???

The miles I quoted was in a straight line. Albury! you are almost in the next state, way closer to BP than me.

Now we wait for someone from NZ to join in.

Do you listen when the kick off is 2am? It is a real struggle for me to listen in our summer.

I can confirm that it is pissing down in Watersheddings

i'll second that....thought the first game of the season was always sunny, with the lookers packed out with sun seeking latics fans. see what happens when the lookers goes?!

The miles I quoted was in a straight line. Albury! you are almost in the next state, way closer to BP than me.

Do you listen when the kick off is 2am? It is a real struggle for me to listen in our summer.

You called? I'm in Auckland and had my first day of the season all planned out - watch Olympics from noon til midnight then the Warriors (rugby league) til 2am, then listen to Latics. However, all the handball/volleyball group games took their toll and I fell asleep midway through the league. Fortunately I woke to stick LW on at 3.15am just after Millwall's 3rd. I almost switched it straight off but decided to stick it out and was thoroughly rewarded! Absolutely fantastic start to the season, and we don't get to say that very often!

I don't suppose LW could put the commentary in an archive file or something, for us antipodeans to download at a more convenient time?!

Can't you get the online Chron outside UK?

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...oldham-athletic

Yes I can get on to the Chron website, but they publish a match report on a UK Monday, I read it on an Aussie Tuesday (for a Saturday game), quite a long time after the match. I the meantime I have read BBC, LW reports etc.

You called? I'm in Auckland and had my first day of the season all planned out - watch Olympics from noon til midnight then the Warriors (rugby league) til 2am, then listen to Latics. However, all the handball/volleyball group games took their toll and I fell asleep midway through the league. Fortunately I woke to stick LW on at 3.15am just after Millwall's 3rd. I almost switched it straight off but decided to stick it out and was thoroughly rewarded! Absolutely fantastic start to the season, and we don't get to say that very often!

I don't suppose LW could put the commentary in an archive file or something, for us antipodeans to download at a more convenient time?!

Agree about LW having a feature where you could listen to the commentary after the match. Having said that, I would want to attach to the link (a few hours after the match) without finding out the score. That could be difficult

I try to, but like you I stuggle in Summer. 2am-4am is harsh when you have things to do the next day.

I ALMOST went to bed last night when we were 3-1 down. Glad I didn't tho!

Agree about LW having a feature where you could listen to the commentary after the match. Having said that, I would want to attach to the link (a few hours after the match) without finding out the score. That could be difficult

True. Maybe if it was on a page that could be bookmarked so you wouldn't have to navigate through the main site or something? I've emailed the club to see if anything can be done.