Andy Liddell

Guest sheridans_world

He's silenced a lot of people (Even bigfin?) with that performance today. He's shown he can still rip teams apart at this level.

i didnt see what most people saw today obviously.

I think people are getting a bit giddy with it all. Liddell was decent today, and chipped in with trademark penalty and a neatly taken goal. He wasn't the MOM though in my eyes. I thought Taylor, especially second half, deserved it. He was a constant thorn in Millwall's side and capped it off with the winning, superbly taken, goal.

I think people are getting a bit giddy with it all. Liddell was decent today, and chipped in with trademark penalty and a neatly taken goal. He wasn't the MOM though in my eyes. I thought Taylor, especially second half, deserved it. He was a constant thorn in Millwall's side and capped it off with the winning, superbly taken, goal.

Agree - Lidds needs to show todays quality every game - he has set his level now and must try to keep it .

Sorry but that free kick was absolutley fecking brillant !!!

Gregs needs to keep concentrating for all the game but a massive game today which we battle, competed and more importantly WON !! :grin:

im sorry mate but you must be blind.

Really? I honestly didn't see Liddell doing much today, penalty aside. The amount of times he had the opportunity to beat a man, get to the by-line and swing a ball over, must have been at least ten. Along with Gregan and Maher, I thought Liddell could (and should) have been on the bench, we wouldn't have missed him.

in my opinion mr s young kelvin was man of the match by a country mile ...can't recall him making any cockups....as long as the boo brigade keep of his back he will establish himself as a regular

Liddel had a very good game today and if he can keep up that level of performance will start most weeks. His energy level was high and he seemed to have regained some passion. He had to take the penalty despite Hughes wanting the ball. Kelvin was again excellent.

Really? I honestly didn't see Liddell doing much today, penalty aside. The amount of times he had the opportunity to beat a man, get to the by-line and swing a ball over, must have been at least ten. Along with Gregan and Maher, I thought Liddell could (and should) have been on the bench, we wouldn't have missed him.

The opportunity to beat a man and get to the by-line?!?! Of course that's Liddles game now isn't it?? 2 Goals, 4 crosses in the box with no Davies or O Grady in sight, but he did ok today really!!!

As for Gregan being on the bench?!?! Are you Stefan Stams brother? Hazell had an opening day shocker, which by the way doesn't make him a bad player!!

The opportunity to beat a man and get to the by-line?!?! Of course that's Liddles game now isn't it?? 2 Goals, 4 crosses in the box with no Davies or O Grady in sight, but he did ok today really!!!

As for Gregan being on the bench?!?! Are you Stefan Stams brother? Hazell had an opening day shocker, which by the way doesn't make him a bad player!!

I would have liked more crosses coming into the box, yes. I didn't really feel like we were much of a threat with his crosses coming in from a deeper position.

Did he really know much about the first goal? He may well have been credited with it but from the Chaddy it just looked like a scambled mess of a goal. (Please fill me in though, I've actually got no idea!)

I'll admit there was no other player I'd rather have taken the penalty but generally (Taylor's goal aside) the corners and free kicks weren't that good.

I'm not Stam's brother, no! We have a similar hairstyle... - Gregan didn't impress me at all yesterday. Or in pre-season, making silly mistakes. And why did he keep insisting on trying to be Beckenbauer and dribble it out from defence? :blink:

I don't doubt Hazell's ability, not at all, but I think showing players that no-one is guaranteed a place in the 11, especially when there is another centre-half with the quality of Stam in the squad, is surely a good thing? One mistake per game is, for me, too many.

It is only August though, am I being too critical? :blush:

:blink::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did he really know much about the first goal? He may well have been credited with it but from the Chaddy it just looked like a scambled mess of a goal.

maybe if you contact the Football League it might not be too late to have it disallowed.

<_<

It was a messy goal, I wasn't sure what went on.

I'll never ask another question again. Sorry.

Got free of his man and just through his body at the ball it went in the far corner messy goal but definately his goal lets not forget you have to be in the position to make the chance. I will take plenty more like that this season.

<_<

It was a messy goal, I wasn't sure what went on.

I'll never ask another question again. Sorry.

TBH seaside, i do agree that the back 5 as a unit looked pretty wobbly yesterday and i would have thought Stam and Fleming have a good chance of starting on Tues after Ruubbeesss and Norms bad day at the office. As for crosses in the box and defending as a team, apart from the individual mistakes, i think had a lot to do with us looking at Allot and Maher to come and carry the ball out, support the forwards and back line, which these two playing together obviously can't do. Allott protecting the back 4 and Whitaker/Lee the ball player should see us look more effective when going forward and defending as a team.

That's why you should ask another question seaside, all about opinions. messy goal it was though :wink: