Rochdale Road End

Aw you seem jealous for some reason?

TBH we made some noise at 0-0 .. and at 1-0 .. and at 1-1, alittle for afew mins at 2-1 but yes it was quiet until 3-2 .. but after that it was well and truly on.

Was funny watching the chaddy .. you could see em singing, and what not but couldnt actually hear a thing. Its not a competition though ... it can only be a positive that weve no both ends creating an atmosphere.

An opinion was requested and when one is given he gets belittled!

My brother was in the Chaddy as usual, he also said that the Millwall fans were easily louder than the Latics.

Maybe the acoustic in the large section of the RRE are as bad as those in the Chaddy, we'll find out when Leeds arrive.

I reckon a competition is called for, we need 2 players for EVERY position on and off the pitch.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother was in the Chaddy as usual, he also said that the Millwall fans were easily louder than the Latics.

Maybe the acoustic in the large section of the RRE are as bad as those in the Chaddy, we'll find out when Leeds arrive.

I reckon a competition is called for, we need 2 players for EVERY position on and off the pitch.

How the hell did i belittle him ... i merely gave my side on events ... and stated that he seemed to take the who was louder thing abit personal.

:blink:

How the hell did i belittle him ... i merely gave my side on events ... and stated that he seemed to take the who was louder thing abit personal.

:blink:

I got my season ticket for the rocky instead of the chaddy end this year and i can honestly say that in 25 years of supporting latics that was one of the best atmospheres / banter i have ever had at BP.

Not getting into the chaddy vs rocky debate too much but i only heard the chaddy end once today on an OWTB chant.

All i can say it must have been propper boring for away fans before we shared stands.

Was in the Chaddy end and the atmosphere was more or less the same as last season.

I've sat in the RRE a couple of times when the Chaddy has been packed and singing its heart out - you just can't hear it, the roof keeps all the noise in.

I concurr!

Like i said in my post,. the RRE wasn't that louds. And the Chaddy wasn't that loud. All we have heard from non Chaddy Enders is that the RRE was gonna blow us away. It would be so loud you wouldn't be able to hear yourself think etc... A mate of mine said he was say in the main stand, RRE side, and it wasnt that loud. He also said the chaddy made similar noise.

Now you can belittle that view all you want, and call it bitter, but when 500 millwall fans are louder in the same stand you might as well realise one simple fact about football.... away fans sing more and sing louder.

Edited by dave_ragg1984

I would be very surprised if they do not prevent oldham fans sitting in the block nearest to the away fans in future games as the gap was too close, especially for Millwall as they were keen at spitting but and the lack of police inbetween was laughable i remember last season at donny being miles away from their fans and at Swansea yet a tight line of police and stewards penning us in.

Chipmunk boy in the white t-shirt in the 'wall end didnt even watch any of the second half. Just stared at us. I kept putting my thumb up to a Millwall fan who was about 6 when we scored asking over to his dad if he was alright and he'd stick two fingers up and his dad would pat him on the head and say "well done son"

He was walking up sheepfoot lane after the match and was pulled by two coppers

I concurr!

Like i said in my post,. the RRE wasn't that louds. And the Chaddy wasn't that loud. All we have heard from non Chaddy Enders is that the RRE was gonna blow us away. It would be so loud you wouldn't be able to hear yourself think etc... A mate of mine said he was say in the main stand, RRE side, and it wasnt that loud. He also said the chaddy made similar noise.

Now you can belittle that view all you want, and call it bitter, but when 500 millwall fans are louder in the same stand you might as well realise one simple fact about football.... away fans sing more and sing louder.

Was in the main stand., the RRE was SO MUCH MORE LOUDER than the chaddy and the atmosphere was so much more better. Not sure what game some people actually attended if they heard different.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

the one i couldnt believe was the old guy sat near me very animated and noisy when we were 3-1 down soon as were 4-3 up sat with his arms folded with a face like abulldog likin piss off a nettle didnt smile clap or cheer once we were infront .

most be one of the lookers upper moaners pissed of cos his nights been ruined now down the legion !

As you all know, i was in the RRE and that was by far the best atmosphere i have heard at BP. The chaddy end seemed to be rocking to me but the roof is poor. I thought the Millwall fans were a disgrace. One of them giving stick to a 10 year old lad (because he's hard obviously) Throwing bottles of p**s.. what kind of people do they call themselves? Can i just ask what people thought of were i was sat? :)

As you all know, i was in the RRE and that was by far the best atmosphere i have heard at BP. The chaddy end seemed to be rocking to me but the roof is poor. I thought the Millwall fans were a disgrace. One of them giving stick to a 10 year old lad (because he's hard obviously) Throwing bottles of p**s.. what kind of people do they call themselves? Can i just ask what people thought of were i was sat? :)

I sat in the main stand - both the Chaddy and RRE were loud at times but Millwall had more to sing about until the subsitutions changed the game. The atmosphere in the ground was good today and if we can get the balance of the team right, then home games will be great fun.

:D

Millwall were louder but they were the away team leading for much of it so it was unsurprinsing. We were loud though definetly and the atmosphere was electric so well done rocky lot. I'm will be in there next home game (took 2 mins for someone to complain in the main stand for me daring to have a little bit of passion).

Their fans were animals - 50 year old men in shirts saying that they'll see you outside, seemed as though they revel in their reputation and even the scrawniest of little numptys think they're a real hardman

The im forever blowing bubbles chant was embarassing, glad only a few joined in, it was cringeworthy

Atmosphere was good, coppers and stewards were a disgarace towards tics fans, didn't want to get involved with Millwall lot but more than happy to answer questions and react in provocative way to any constructive critisicm on the fact that they needed to aspply the same rules to Millwal fans, one steward even give me the finger over the lip and talking hand, tit

Their fans were animals - 50 year old men in shirts saying that they'll see you outside, seemed as though they revel in their reputation and even the scrawniest of little numptys think they're a real hardman

The im forever blowing bubbles chant was embarassing, glad only a few joined in, it was cringeworthy

Atmosphere was good, coppers and stewards were a disgarace towards tics fans, didn't want to get involved with Millwall lot but more than happy to answer questions and react in provocative way to any constructive critisicm on the fact that they needed to aspply the same rules to Millwal fans, one steward even give me the finger over the lip and talking hand, tit

maybe someone who was there could raise a complaint with the club about there fans,or report them to the fa......they always get some kind of fine at least once a season for there behavior....they have visited us now,but maybe a complaint and the fa say thats it,had enough ban there away fans.....

It was weird watching from behind the goal after getting used to the side on view over the last year and a half. There were pockets where I was (near the back over to the left) joining in with the singing at times but a lot who weren't, but that's always going to be the way. It's not going to be that full much over the season so when there are a few more spaces then it will be easier for singers to gravitate towards each other.

I was somewhat irked by the bloke behind me - fair enough I did briefly stand up in the first couple of minutes, but I sat down immediately he asked me too. No need for him to chirp into my ear for the next five minutes about how he could call a steward and have them throw me out. A clasdic of his type, he thinks he's some part of the aristocracy just because he has a season ticket. If his kids learn about football from him, they will learn very little. Sneering about Chris Taylor seemed to be his main theme.

It was weird watching from behind the goal after getting used to the side on view over the last year and a half. There were pockets where I was (near the back over to the left) joining in with the singing at times but a lot who weren't, but that's always going to be the way. It's not going to be that full much over the season so when there are a few more spaces then it will be easier for singers to gravitate towards each other.

I was somewhat irked by the bloke behind me - fair enough I did briefly stand up in the first couple of minutes, but I sat down immediately he asked me too. No need for him to chirp into my ear for the next five minutes about how he could call a steward and have them throw me out. A clasdic of his type, he thinks he's some part of the aristocracy just because he has a season ticket. If his kids learn about football from him, they will learn very little. Sneering about Chris Taylor seemed to be his main theme.

Its people like him who make me question if its worth going anymore..... Going to the football just get wrose year after year with more people like him around...

That sounds like the same bloke who had a go at me, i gave him a mouthful back, he then moved and had another argument over the same thing, and i didn't see him at all for the second half. really wound me up!!!