Shez has had his critics on here ... and ive read comments of tactically inept etcetc but today he rammed those comments down peoples throats .. for me got it spot on today. Not one of those goals could he have done anything about ... but the choices that had to be made were the correct ones ... myself i was confused when both Davies and Ogrady came off but he was spot on today..

As for tuesday .. id say Whittaker is a must to start ... fitness will obviously determine if Hughes does but if not id partner Ogrady with Lewi .. he did well today when he came on ... id also be tempted to give Fleming a start aswell.

In Shez i most definitely trust!

Edited by kellys_discopants

Shez has had his critics on here ... and ive read comments of tactically inept etcetc but today he rammed those comments down peoples throats .. for me got it spot on today. Not one of those goals could he have done anything about ... but the choices that had to be made were the correct ones ... myself i was confused when both Davies and Ogrady came off but he was spot on today..

In Shez i most definitely trust!

It makes his job a lot easier that he has the likes of Hughes, Lewis and Whittaker on the bench squad in depth... Well done shez on not wasting too much time in bringing them on!

i went mad when he took o grady and davies off coz they both looked decent especially o grady. But inspirational whittaker looked miles better than maher who was garbage, drop hazel for stam and crossley for fleming sorted

i thought Davies was woeful, had 1 decent moment all game and couldnt do the simple things well.

BUT he will play better than that.

O Grady worked hard but didnt really have any quality ball to deal with.

Maher was decent but unspectacular didnt really hurt millwall to much

Whittaker did well when he came on

At least the subs showed we have some strength in dep

Guest sheridans_world

O'Grady and Davies wernt really in the game. Eardley to a while to get going. Shez has to tighten the defense, Reubs made more mistakes in the first half of the game today than he did all last season.

Cracking decision to make three subs, chose the right players to come off and the right players to come on. Totally changed the game. The fact the the subs bench is now a weapon (we are putting on the same quality as we are taking off) means Shez can do that.

I once heard someone talking about United, they said

'I'd be scared of United's bench, never mind their starting XI'

We have that, Hughesy and Whittaker sat on the bench? Greg Fleming and Stefan Stam sat on the bench? Not to mention Smalley and Lee. We have the depth and we can take games by the scruff of the neck and win them.

I wouldnt play Hughesy on Tuesday, save him for Leeds.

First time Lewis and Hughsey have been on the pitch together I think.

Seemed to work quite well!

Davies and O'Grady were never going to create anything today so Sheridan did exactly the right thing in canning them early.

I would rest Hughsey on Tuesday and save him for Leeds!

What a fantastic start - well final 35 minutes anyway.

I agree with the sentiments on here, Davies and O'Grady for me were both pretty poor where as Lewi and Hughesy looked great together, however to be fair to both of them, while Maher was on the pitch him and Allott are both defence minded so we constantly had 30 yard gap between the 2 centre mids and OG and CD. When Whittaker came on he filled that gap and ran through it, becoming a link with the two forwards.

I wouldn't write OG and CD off just yet as a partnership due to the lack of service they were getting today, so would be tempted to start them both at Dale but with Whittaker in for Maher as the link between back and forward.

I'm not even going to comment on the back 4!! Couldn't believe what I was watching, it was like they'd never seen each other before, it could be understood if all of them were new players!! However They're not 4 bad defenders so am sure once things sebenchttle down they'll be ok.

Anybody sensing a season of Joe Royle proportions? Goals goals goals??? How exciting would that be??!!

Loving the strength off the bench - great to see.

Lewi and Hughesy looked great together, however to be fair to both of them, while Maher was on the pitch him and Allott are both defence minded so we constantly had 30 yard gap between the 2 centre mids and OG and CD. When Whittaker came on he filled that gap and ran through it, becoming a link with the two forwards.

Loving the strength off the bench - great to see.

spot on totally agree

I am backing sheridan this year lol

BUT, Is the three subs on at the same time when we are 3-1down an admission he got it wrong in the first place? lol

Allott and Maher doesn't work, Allot and whitaker or whitaker and maher would.

We had nobody getting on the end of a cross today from midfield, they were two defensive and too similar players to change the game hence the 3 subs and whitaker obviously changing the game.

We gifted them their goals today they were there for the taking, our defence was shakey, central midfield stagnant, but apart from that what a game lol

P.S eardley was missing and Davies well..................lol

:grin:

Edited by KYLEOAFC

i went mad when he took o grady and davies off coz they both looked decent especially o grady. But inspirational whittaker looked miles better than maher who was garbage, drop hazel for stam and crossley for fleming sorted

Drop Hazell?! Dream on!!! He should drop Gregan the big lump, he was the worse player on the pitch, except from the dopy whale in net!

Edited by Xander_OAFC

BUT, Is the three subs on at the same time when we are 3-1 an admission he got it wrong in the first place?

i dont really think so. Could you predict rubes and crossley were gonna have bad games?

allott but maher played well but it just didnt work (in terms of supporting the forwards)

Why? because he had ONE bad game?

thats really gonna do well for morale of the team (one bad game and your out)

EVERY footballer has bad games

haha makes me laugh sometimes. 1st game of the season and i heard bloody hell shez get crossley off

and hazell your crap. gregan your useless.

give the lads a break.

lets see how they are doin after a few games

WHO ARE MILWALL?

One of our major weaknesses last season was the quality of our bench. Numerous times we were in situations like we were in today, and Shez only had players like Wolfenden to throw on, who more often then not made no difference whatsoever. Now, we've got a bench full of players who could quite easily be in the first team. It certainly helped today, and i'm sure it will make the difference numerous times this season.

As a side note, it was good to see us finally take advantage of the opposition going down to ten men. Good stuff.