Crossley

I may be wrong, but Norm tipped the ball on to the bar as it dropped.

If thats the case I reckon it's just unfortunate luck that it fell straight to their player. Got The Championship on record tomorrow so we'll just have to see if the replay catches it :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry boys and girls, but blaming Norm for us being 3-1 down is not the answer. Didn't see their or our first goals so can't comment. However the 2nd goal is purely down to Rubes. Norm called, Rubes headed with the back of his head, Norm had no chance. I'm afraid it happens especially early season, but when you see it on tv over the next couple of days, just watch the reaction of all the players and even Rubes himself. Its simple and obvious. The Crossley critics are wrong on this occassion.

The third Millwall goal is a little different. Sat in the Chaddy I didn't get the best of views, however, what I did see was a speculative shot which appeared to loop up off Maher (?) Crossley appeared to have it covered and it was difficult to tell then if Norm got to the ball 1st or if it came back off the bar without him touching it. If he got to it first, then the blame lies with him. If he didn't get to it, them 1 of 2 things apply. (1) If he should have got it then its his faullt. (2) If he couldn't get it but he was unsure if it was dropping in or going over then he did the right thing in trying to get there Either way, he will feel bad about the 3rd goal, because no matter what he will feel he could have prevented it.

Croslley baiting today is wrong he has possibly made 1 mistake in the match. Shez will review the tape and assess.

However, Fleming will start on Tuesday and it will have nothing to do with today. Who starts next Saturday may be decided by Flemings performance on Tuesday.

However the 2nd goal is purely down to Rubes. Norm called, Rubes headed with the back of his head, Norm had no chance. I'm afraid it happens especially early season, but when you see it on tv over the next couple of days, just watch the reaction of all the players and even Rubes himself. Its simple and obvious. The Crossley critics are wrong on this occassion.

True that. A keeper with Crossleys experience would not come 18 yards and not shout.

norm def called, was quite loud also but our defence was so deep and the only criticism i would have is that he came so far out for it and as soon as it hit back of reubs head norm had no chance. must admit that our defence looked as though it was still in pre season, if we had ended up getting beat then we would all have been up in arms and calling for immediate changes. for me only lomax did himself any justice.

With the third goal I think he actually made a good save putting it onto the bar whilst showing bravery as he clattered into the post. I think in an ideal world he should have done something else but when the ball is looping over you like that, your not going to know where the hell you are and where the post is. I think it's harsh to blame him.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

With the third goal I think he actually made a good save putting it onto the bar whilst showing bravery as he clattered into the post. I think in an ideal world he should have done something else but when the ball is looping over you like that, your not going to know where the hell you are and where the post is. I think it's harsh to blame him.

He's wank. Never comes for crosses. His whole career has been blighted by shocking errors. Get Fleming in at Rochdale FFS. He did shout for the secon

He's wank. Never comes for crosses. His whole career has been blighted by shocking errors. Get Fleming in at Rochdale FFS. He did shout for the secon

We don't concede many with him in goal though. So he can't be that bad. Pogs for me made more mistake through mistiming crosses and was bad at one on ones. He may have made errors but he had played a significant part of his career at the top level so there must have been a reason for that.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

why the hell are half you puting faith in a keepr you have not seen enough of.

1st goal defence in no mans land

2nd goal - hazell 100% to blame -

3rd goal freak goal - did well to tip on to bar - defence should be followingup all hazell did was put his hands on hips

easy to blame crossley and try to continue were u all left off last season -

just imagine the cra:P milwalls keeper getting

1st goal should of stopped it -

2nd goal - should have saved penalty

3rd goal should have picked up the cross

4th should have saved it

yeah sounds b0110(ks done it.

one post on here - said - something like " I HOPE Fleming plays - etc - not knowing if he is any good or not, the bottom line was that Crossley didnt have a bad game as in all honesty didnt have to do much and was playing behind a defence that made a couple of mistakes

get a bloody grip -

Crossley has to take some of the responsibility for the 2nd goal but I think it was more Ruebens cock up. He didn't nod it back, he ducked out of it last minute n it hit his back. If he was in any doubt he should of headed it clear, but at the same time Crossley should've just come and claimed it taking Rubes with it if necessary.

I can't agree that Crossley should take any blame for the second, he can't be expected to predict his centreback to roll the ball down his back and into the net. IMO it's just a straightforward cock-up and an own goal. Rubes had two options, head it away or leave it, he did neither.

Third goal, maybe Crossley could have done better, he seemed not to find his balance quickly enough to get back, but he did make a save and as was said, Millwall followed up and we didn't.

The fact that they got chance to shoot in the first place for the 3rd goal was the start of the problem, he had loads of time no-one closed him down, he just ran at the box un-challenged. Yes 'Norm' could have done a bit better, but it was one of those freak goals that happens every now and again, unfortunatley it happened to us.

As someone who has played in nets quite alot that 3rd goal is totally Crossleys fault all he had to do is tip it over the bar which isnt hard wen ur as tall as crossley, only seen it once again since at the game and its just shocking no excuse.

Disagree mate, just watched over and over again, like i said he maybe could have done better, but the shot shouldn't have happened (not his fault), it took a deflection (not his fault), hit the bar (possibly his fault), Grabban unmarked waiting for the re-bound (not his fault). To totally blame Crossley for that goal is rubbish.

I can't agree that Crossley should take any blame for the second, he can't be expected to predict his centreback to roll the ball down his back and into the net. IMO it's just a straightforward cock-up and an own goal. Rubes had two options, head it away or leave it, he did neither.

Third goal, maybe Crossley could have done better, he seemed not to find his balance quickly enough to get back, but he did make a save and as was said, Millwall followed up and we didn't.

I felt Crossley could've come and claimed it even with Rubes there

Aside from pinning blame on Crossley or not, he could do with loosing some weight. Any time he went to retrieve the ball for a goalkick he looked a tad tired, this has bound to affect his game in general i.e. collecting crosses, reacting quickly, etc.

Aside from pinning blame on Crossley or not, he could do with loosing some weight. Any time he went to retrieve the ball for a goalkick he looked a tad tired, this has bound to affect his game in general i.e. collecting crosses, reacting quickly, etc.

Did this message get lost in the mail? He is probably a good 1.5-2 stones lighter than when he joined us. I'm about his height, under 15 stones myself and 7 years younger, and I can promise you I wish I was in the same shape as he appears to be when you see him in person.

after watching the highlights

1st goal - crossley didnt have a chance

2nd goal - at first i thought crossley to blame but changed mindas clearly heard a shout from norm along the lines of keepers' or 'leave it' when watching the highlights

3rd goal - think crossley has to shoulder some of the blame here, he could have got back a bit faster and could have jumped to tip it over.

If we are going to pin badges of blame on players, what about the needless crossfield ball from Eards which was intercepted and the start of the attack for the 3rd. Crossley wasn't even tested and we conceded 3. Stop blaming players and get real. Lady luck was on their side for the first 60, we worked hard for the rest.

SPeaking as a goalie with 9 years of experience, 1st goal was defences fault, Im sure he shouted for the 2nd, if not then it was his fault, 3rd was sheer bad luck.

We're back to the '1 bad game, needs dropping' thing again.

He was brilliant all game, other than that 1 possible error.

Typical bad keeper luck, never remembered for the saves, only for the cock-ups!!!

I was sat at the back of the chaddy, right behind the net, and there was 100% a shout from crossley!

rubes was 100% at fault for me, and as already mentioned, should have either headed the ball to safety or got out of the way.

having said that, i think crossley had one of his poorer games and was at fault for the 3rd goal, but he wasnt the only one!

Just think its a bit harsh to drop him after one game. ok, hes probably not the quickest and most agile keeper in the league but his experience could be vital!

would still give fleming a chance tomorrow though, as he looked really good in pre season.

I was sat at the back of the chaddy, right behind the net, and there was 100% a shout from crossley!

rubes was 100% at fault for me, and as already mentioned, should have either headed the ball to safety or got out of the way.

having said that, i think crossley had one of his poorer games and was at fault for the 3rd goal, but he wasnt the only one!

Just think its a bit harsh to drop him after one game. ok, hes probably not the quickest and most agile keeper in the league but his experience could be vital!

would still give fleming a chance tomorrow though, as he looked really good in pre season.

The shout for the second came just as the ball was landing on Hazell (miles too late). To me having looked at it again Hazell did all he could other than head it away. And to say the third was 'bad luck' is sheer nonsense. I could have dealt with that better. It was pathetic. Lets get this new lad in and see if he's any better.

He can't be fatter, slower off his line, older or as :censored: on crosses.

The shout for the second came just as the ball was landing on Hazell (miles too late). To me having looked at it again Hazell did all he could other than head it away. And to say the third was 'bad luck' is sheer nonsense. I could have dealt with that better. It was pathetic. Lets get this new lad in and see if he's any better.

He can't be fatter, slower off his line, older or as :censored: on crosses.

Get off that fence.

Using the argument of dropping Crossley on this post, should we also consider dropping Gregan, Hazell, Eardley, Maher, Davies and O'Grady who also had a less than impressive performance?

Last season, many of us sang Crossley's praises for his performances in the second half of the campaign. I'm just amazed how quickly some people can change after one game

Using the argument of dropping Crossley on this post, should we also consider dropping Gregan, Hazell, Eardley, Maher, Davies and O'Grady who also had a less than impressive performance?

Last season, many of us sang Crossley's praises for his performances in the second half of the campaign. I'm just amazed how quickly some people can change after one game

I've always thought he was wank.