Where Should Lots of Away Fans Go?

opinions4u

Lot's of Away Fans ....  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you put them (e.g. Leeds)

• Don't allow loads - just leave them the small part of the RRE
    • Give them all of the RRE and relocate home fans to main stand / chaddy
    • Give them the large part of the RRE and relocate home fans to the small part / Chaddy
    • Give them the Chaddy and relocate fans from there

I think the least disruption to home fans is if we hand the Chaddy over to visitors. I'm sure this isn't beyond the ability of police/safety officials !!

I'd be a miffed if i had a season ticket in there though!

it wouldn't stop with Leeds, so could end up being moved quite often! i don't recall other clubs moving their fans to accommodate us either....

it wouldn't stop with Leeds, so could end up being moved quite often! i don't recall other clubs moving their fans to accommodate us either....

Fair point, although RRE season ticket holders will have to be displaced under current plans - while the difference is that they were warned before they bought, there seem to be more of them!

Fair point, although RRE season ticket holders will have to be displaced under current plans - while the difference is that they were warned before they bought, there seem to be more of them!

there was clearly more fans in the rre so they should move the chaddy it was empty today.

elland road last january they moved there own fans to the more expensive seats (typical bates ) to accomodate us lots of them were moaning about it

Seems silly bringing this up.

I bought my season ticket along with three others for the Rochdale road end and we knew at the time we would be moved to the small section when Leeds come and other teams with a big number of travelling fans.

The club didn’t sell more than 1600 ST in the rocky so we could all be moved into the small section.

Those who pay on the day to get in the rocky will just have to go in the chaddy or main stand.

Also all this about giving Leeds the small section, that’s never going to happen. The police wont allow it and the club will want the money from a sell out crowd and lets face it that’s only going to happen if leeds are given 3000.

Also why moan about our allocation at leeds????

We wont sell the ones we have!

Last year they moved their fans for us and we were nowhere near selling out.

I think reality is replaced with over exuberance when it comes to our fan base and ticket sales on here at times.

Seems silly bringing this up.

I bought my season ticket along with three others for the Rochdale road end and we knew at the time we would be moved to the small section when Leeds come and other teams with a big number of travelling fans.

The club didn’t sell more than 1600 ST in the rocky so we could all be moved into the small section.

Those who pay on the day to get in the rocky will just have to go in the chaddy or main stand.

Also all this about giving Leeds the small section, that’s never going to happen. The police wont allow it and the club will want the money from a sell out crowd and lets face it that’s only going to happen if leeds are given 3000.

Also why moan about our allocation at leeds????

We wont sell the ones we have!

Last year they moved their fans for us and we were nowhere near selling out.

I think reality is replaced with over exuberance when it comes to our fan base and ticket sales on here at times.

Spot on The large section of the RRE wasn't even half full today speaking as someone sat in the main stand. Leeds will be given the large section of the RRE minimum.

I'd like the away fans to only be allowed the small section of the RRE but at the end of the day we need as much money as we can get our hands on.

Last year Leeds said to Oldham that we can have the 3000 but what we didnt sell the club had to pay for, so we should say the same to other teams like stockport and hudds why should evey1 move so they can have an extra 300 or so. what do you think?

Last year Leeds said to Oldham that we can have the 3000 but what we didnt sell the club had to pay for, so we should say the same to other teams like stockport and hudds why should evey1 move so they can have an extra 300 or so. what do you think?

Really? I'm sure that wouldn't be allowed. I don't think we should do it either. We got enough flak from away fans where we charged them a pound extra. We should get as much money as we possibly can without resorting to Greedy Bates tactics.

Are we as a club really in the position to be turning away money? If the number of away fans who would buy tickets is greater than the small section of the RRE, we should let them have the bigger section.

It's not like it's going to matter how many fans they bring, we have a 100% home record this season. :grin:

This is a crazy poll, the club can only do what it said when the RRE season tickets were sold - the large section for Leeds etc and move Latics to the small section.

Thats what I thought was happening they will lose the least amount of fans this way.

This is a crazy poll, the club can only do what it said when the RRE season tickets were sold - the large section for Leeds etc and move Latics to the small section.

My apologies for being crazy enough to debate something on a message board.

I will retire with tail between legs.

My apologies for being crazy enough to debate something on a message board.

I will retire with tail between legs.

Nothing wrong with debate, but it seems pointless to ask a question about something that the club decided - and publicised - months ago.

Nothing wrong with debate, but it seems pointless to ask a question about something that the club decided - and publicised - months ago.

Or to discuss alternative options that may not have been properly considered?

Or could be implemented next season?

Interestingly, the results of the poll at this stage seem to support the clubs position or be prepared to wave goodbye to income from particularly large followings and don't support my notion that perhaps RRE fans should be left undisturbed and those in the Chaddy should be displaced. So be it.

You rarely get people killing debate in issues like "Sheridan's named the team, so the club have made their decision, so let's not talk about it".

Or to discuss alternative options that may not have been properly considered?

Or could be implemented next season?

Interestingly, the results of the poll at this stage seem to support the clubs position or be prepared to wave goodbye to income from particularly large followings and don't support my notion that perhaps RRE fans should be left undisturbed and those in the Chaddy should be displaced. So be it.

You rarely get people killing debate in issues like "Sheridan's named the team, so the club have made their decision, so let's not talk about it".

If people think that we should only give the small section they must either, not be very good at maths (9000 seats available saturday for home fans 4800 taken) or, Looking for trouble with Leeds fans because thats what will happen as if we only give them that small section, loads will stream into the home stands a recipe for disaster particularly if we are both challenging near the top. The police will never allow it.

Having said that Leeds are the only team where fans will definately have to move. They might have to move for Leicester or Huddersfield but that will only be if they are both flying and we are near the top too. Can't exactly see us moving for Tranmere :D

Edited by GlossopLatic

there was clearly more fans in the rre so they should move the chaddy it was empty today.

There were about 1000/1200 in the RRE. The Chaddy had well over 2000, and more season ticket holders. Why should the away fans have the best stand? I didn't see many fans in the front 10 rows of the RRE on Saturday, was that I wonder because you would have got wet by any chance, and it wasn't even that windy.

Yeah, right. Give fans who buy a ticket in the RRE a discount on the basis they may have to be relocated a couple of times and then move the fans from the Chaddy who are perfectly happy where they are/have always been, and are paying a premium for sittign there.

Genius.

Get a grip.

EDIT:

Worryingly the poll seems to suggest that 16 of the 125 who have so far voted agree with this stance. Even more worrying is the fact that 65 (over 50% obv) seem to be happy for the clun (which is still running at a loss) to turn away substancial income! :wacko:

Edited by danoafc