death clock

boboafc

Looks like I'm checking out aged 72. It's a bit basic isn't it though? A happy 7 stone tramp who lives on white cider and smack but doesn't smoke would come out fine. And for all that it goes on about fat, I am 10 pounds above the target for my height but only got 8 years to the day over my Grandad, who made it to 80 in real life despite being shorter than me and nearly twice my weight.

Looks like I'm checking out aged 72. It's a bit basic isn't it though? A happy 7 stone tramp who lives on white cider and smack but doesn't smoke would come out fine. And for all that it goes on about fat, I am 10 pounds above the target for my height but only got 8 years to the day over my Grandad, who made it to 80 in real life despite being shorter than me and nearly twice my weight.

Yeah, doesn't ask about diet, exercise, drinking, or exactly how many you smoke.

Although I may have come out as dying much earlier if it did :sign0007:

Yeah, doesn't ask about diet, exercise, drinking, or exactly how many you smoke.

Although I may have come out as dying much earlier if it did :sign0007:

But eating home made veggy soup and giving money to a gym must count on the plus side?

Guest jet_dd34

Friday, May 11, 2091

101 years old. Wonder if we will have got promoted by then??? :blink:

It's got to be wrong, but then again, Italian blood........ ^_^

But eating home made veggy soup and giving money to a gym must count on the plus side?

I'm convinced it's right,just reinforces my belief that beer is the way forward and i get to be the cantankerous owd steward of the bars i have planned to be :drinking::drinking::argue::violent111: :getbent: :ass3::drinking66::grin:

Is it just my eyes or has that Norn Iron flag in the emoticons got a hand on it? :o

I'm convinced it's right,just reinforces my belief that beer is the way forward and i get to be the cantankerous owd steward of the bars i have planned to be :drinking::drinking::argue::violent111: :getbent: :ass3::drinking66::grin:

Is it just my eyes or has that Norn Iron flag in the emoticons got a hand on it? :o

o/t but the Red Hand isn't offensive in it's own right, it's on the flag of Ulster (ie the 9 county ancient kingdom/modern province). It dates back to a band of mythological cattle raiders from Iron Age days. I'll leave that one there before Rummy sends me to Mongolia...

That flag is the, "Ulster Banner," which was abandoned officially in the early 70's when the devolved government was replaced by direct rule. I will admit I am somewhat iffy about it as it seems to hark back to dark days for basic human rights, but at the same time the fans of Northern Irish sports teams have never been given anything different to wave. The Red Hand now is similar to the St George's Cross, in that there's nothing wrong with it but it suffers from misuse by an intolerant minority

The Red Hand now is similar to the St George's Cross, in that there's nothing wrong with it but it suffers from misuse by an intolerant minority

Spot on. But if it's caused any offence it's not been done knowingly.

No offence taken,was just mentioned for a bit of sport :grin:

Sport eh? Your card is marked Inspector... :rant.sml:

And do you know why? You made me think about :devilish: Eamonn Holmes :trollarse: at George Best's memorial. GRRRR.........

Sport eh? Your card is marked Inspector... :rant.sml:

And do you know why? You made me think about :devilish: Eamonn Holmes :trollarse: at George Best's memorial. GRRRR.........

Luckily i missed that,knew it would be a pile of rubbish when that wayne kerr was presenting it.Can't be doing with this canonisation tv/media culture.He was a good footballer years ago but threw it away and became a professional drunk.Big deal.

Same with Di,we had a week of "you will grieve for this woman" via tv and papers.Feck me one of the blokes i worked with at the time even wrote her a poem.Behave.Where was the fashion feature in the Sun about who was designing her shroud eh?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Her funeral was one of the nicest days in my life,was driving to Aberdeen,set off at half seven in the morning,went the very scenic route took me nine hours.Saw some lovely scenery,listened to some great music missed everything.

Don't get me wrong i feel sorry for the boys who had lost their mother but beyond that it had no relevance to me or my life and i certainly ain't going to be tugged along with the tide of national grief that occured.

Mini rant over.

Edited by inspectormorose

Luckily i missed that,knew it would be a pile of rubbish when that wayne kerr was presenting it.Can't be doing with this canonisation tv/media culture.He was a good footballer years ago but threw it away and became a professional drunk.Big deal.

Same with Di,we had a week of "you will grieve for this woman" via tv and papers.Feck me one of the blokes i worked with at the time even wrote her a poem.Behave.Where was the fashion feature in the Sun about who was designing her shroud eh?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Her funeral was one of the nicest days in my life,was driving to Aberdeen,set off at half seven in the morning,went the very scenic route took me nine hours.Saw some lovely scenery,listened to some great music missed everything.

Don't get me wrong i feel sorry for the boys who had lost their mother but beyond that it had no relevance to me or my life and i certainly ain't going to be tugged along with the tide of national grief that occured.

Mini rant over.

Have to agree with that, Inspector. You can feel a tinge of sadness when a 'celebrity' dies, maybe for their family left behind. It makes you ponder life a bit more perhaps. But the whole grieving thing? No no no! Wrong diddly wrong wrong. You grieve for people who were close to you - who you're actually going to miss personally.

I don't think Best dying was a tragedy. I think the fact that he was given so much hospital treatment / transplants, etc, that other people in that position would be so grateful for they would never think of returning to their old ways. That was the tragedy.

Have to agree with that, Inspector. You can feel a tinge of sadness when a 'celebrity' dies, maybe for their family left behind. It makes you ponder life a bit more perhaps. But the whole grieving thing? No no no! Wrong diddly wrong wrong. You grieve for people who were close to you - who you're actually going to miss personally.

I don't think Best dying was a tragedy. I think the fact that he was given so much hospital treatment / transplants, etc, that other people in that position would be so grateful for they would never think of returning to their old ways. That was the tragedy.

Exactly,guy was 26 when Docherty first dropped him for his problems prime time in your career as a footballer but he had a stronger attraction elsewhere that he never shook off,i remember before the transplant him doing an interview along the lines of how i'll never drink again and this is a new life for me.