I thought yesterday was the most bizarre game i have ever seen!!! Wet conditions played a big part in the dodgy defending me thinks! I said to my mate even when we went 3-1 down i still thought we would win cos if we upped the tempo!!!

I bet millwall were wondering how the fcuk they were winning 3-1 when they hardly strung 2 passes together and had 3 shots!

Early impressions were....

Crossley - shaky, conditions didnt help.

Hazel - again shaky but weather didnt help, will come good.

Lomax - Solid

Eardley - OK, better going forward. think he would suit a wing back position better.

Gregan - too cocky again, sometimes i think he thinks he is too good to play for us. If he carries on messing about with it dribbling round strikers it will prove costly!!

Allott - was everywhere, started off where he left off last season. Keep it up rat boy!

Maher - i like him, clever player makes time for himself on the ball, good ball in for lids first goal!!

Whittaker - looks a cracking signing, good driving midfielder with lots of energy what we need!!

Taylor - brilliant today, class finish, i thought he lacked composure in front of goal but proved me wrong today!!

Lids - looks like he is coming back to his best, looks fitter this season!

Davies - headless chicken at times.

O grady - like him looks like an athlete, good control but again i dont think conditions helped.

Allesansdra - like him, think he could be a real poacher given the service

Hughes - this guy is a class act, stays fit and he will have a big impact on our promotion push!!!

Sheridan got it spot on yesterday, well done!!! I like the idea of bringing 3 subs on all at once!!!

KEEP THE FAITH!!!!

Sheridan got it spot on yesterday, well done!!! I like the idea of bringing 3 subs on all at once!!!

KEEP THE FAITH!!!!

He told us to be confident and he said he was going to use the subs to good effect. He's a man of his word and he's taken the credit for that fantastic free kick.

Onwards and upwards with Shez!

I thought yesterday was the most bizarre game i have ever seen!!! Wet conditions played a big part in the dodgy defending me thinks! I said to my mate even when we went 3-1 down i still thought we would win cos if we upped the tempo!!!

I bet millwall were wondering how the fcuk they were winning 3-1 when they hardly strung 2 passes together and had 3 shots!

Early impressions were....

Crossley - shaky, conditions didnt help.

Hazel - again shaky but weather didnt help, will come good.

Lomax - Solid

Eardley - OK, better going forward. think he would suit a wing back position better.

Gregan - too cocky again, sometimes i think he thinks he is too good to play for us. If he carries on messing about with it dribbling round strikers it will prove costly!!

Allott - was everywhere, started off where he left off last season. Keep it up rat boy!

Maher - i like him, clever player makes time for himself on the ball, good ball in for lids first goal!!

Whittaker - looks a cracking signing, good driving midfielder with lots of energy what we need!!

Taylor - brilliant today, class finish, i thought he lacked composure in front of goal but proved me wrong today!!

Lids - looks like he is coming back to his best, looks fitter this season!

Davies - headless chicken at times.

O grady - like him looks like an athlete, good control but again i dont think conditions helped.

Allesansdra - like him, think he could be a real poacher given the service

Hughes - this guy is a class act, stays fit and he will have a big impact on our promotion push!!!

KEEP THE FAITH!!!!

Apart from that I don't think Crossley was shaky, I couldn't disagree with a word of that. Quite a first post!

Try watching the highlights on LaticsWorld. You will see that our period of domination in yesterday's game came from Gregan beating his man, bringing the ball out of defence and making incisive passes - mainly to Whittaker and Taylor. What wasn't shown on LW were the many examples particularly in the first half where he was winning the ball, beating his man and pinging long accurate balls out to Taylor and Liddell in the wide positions. If that is being cocky, then more of the same please.

The best example of his "cockiness" was probably the superb 50 yard pass into the channel which led to Hughes winning the penalty and the Millwall lad getting a red. Meanwhile, Allott is praised for a simple through ball for the 3rd goal.

Clearly the guy is marmite to Latics supporters. His detractors see only the mistakes (at a guess, one fifth of the number made by Teflon Stam) while ignoring the massive positive contribution that he makes week in week out. Any team in our League would kill to have Sean Gregan in their side and yet many of our fans can't wait to rip him to pieces.

You are right, he probably does think he is too good for us - probably because he is.

What wasn't shown on LW were the many examples particularly in the first half where he was winning the ball, beating his man and pinging long accurate balls out to Taylor and Liddell in the wide positions.

Quite so. It's Gregan that caused us to play through the midfield rather than giving it the Branston Special every time. There's no way it's going to happen every single time without a mistake but it's much better than the alternative, both in terms of results and in terms of football that doesn't leave you wanting to slit your wrists at the end of 90 minutes.

You are right, he probably does think he is too good for us - probably because he is.

He had some very shaky moments yesterday, but got better as the game went on. I just wish he could see a pass along the grass now and again, rather than lumping it through the air as he often does. That's why Davies and O'Grady struggled yesterday IMO.

Try watching the highlights on LaticsWorld. You will see that our period of domination in yesterday's game came from Gregan beating his man, bringing the ball out of defence and making incisive passes - mainly to Whittaker and Taylor. What wasn't shown on LW were the many examples particularly in the first half where he was winning the ball, beating his man and pinging long accurate balls out to Taylor and Liddell in the wide positions. If that is being cocky, then more of the same please.

The best example of his "cockiness" was probably the superb 50 yard pass into the channel which led to Hughes winning the penalty and the Millwall lad getting a red. Meanwhile, Allott is praised for a simple through ball for the 3rd goal.

Clearly the guy is marmite to Latics supporters. His detractors see only the mistakes (at a guess, one fifth of the number made by Teflon Stam) while ignoring the massive positive contribution that he makes week in week out. Any team in our League would kill to have Sean Gregan in their side and yet many of our fans can't wait to rip him to pieces.

Absolutely spot on. Gregan is a rock at the back for us and Shez recognised that last season when he made him Captain. So he makes 1 mistake that costs us a goal in a preseason friendly and he is classed as cocky and arrogant. Yesterday he was absolutely dominant.

The 3 goals we conceeded had absolutely nothing to do with Gregan and apart from 1 save, Crossley had nothing else to do. I do not go along with those who suggest that our defence was all over the show yetserday. Millwall had 3 shots on goal and I believe none off target. So the 2 goals that they scored, the own goal & the save from Crossley was the extent of our "shakiness." A good piece of play from kick off and 2 individual errors very nearly cost us.

The back 5 yesterday is IMO the best that we have at the present time. We clearly still need a recognised left back but in the meantime Lomax continues to do an admirable job and may follow in Irwins footsteps in being a right footed full back converted to left back. Flemming has clearly been brought in to challenge Crossley & I am sure that he will get a chance on Tuesday, but that will be pre planned and nothing to do with yesterday.

Gregan bosses those around him. Do not mistake his demeanour as anything other than an experienced pro carrying out his captains duties. He has made a career at a higher level doing exactly that and he clearly retains the respect of his teammates.

On another thread a comment was made suggesting that yesterday was a return to the Royle days. Well I bloody well hope so. If you score 3 we'll score 4. Bring it on with Captain Sean as our leader.

If this is kept up BP crowds will increase.

Cheers,

Harry

Agree 100%. Easily the best CB in this league, he can head the ball further than some can kick it! and has good distribution. Dont forget he spent a lot of time out injured last season too! Has played (and captained) at the highest level! Apart from 1 or 2 stray passes yesterday gregan had a solid game, and played a part in at least one of the goals! he scares the life out of most CF's.

Im not doubting gregans ability, his passing is second to none. I just think his arrogance will prove costly.(obviously im hoping not) Last season he was lucky on a few occasions not to be sent off as he consistantly clipped the ankles of players that had dusted him for pace. I think he is a midfielder not a centre halve. We are definately in for a good season(fingers crossed) with or without gregans mistakes!

KEEP THE FAITH!!