My personal highlight of Saturday

I've been bringing my nine year old to games since he was 3, now I know I've brain washed hin to the extent he can't stand anything red but although he comes to around 10-12 games per season, he hasn't often seen us win lately and I was beginning to feel his head was being turned somewhat, especially since I took him to watch Barca last year as he has become obsessed with Messi et al, however the joy on his face when we came back to win on Saturday as well as him being enthralled with the much louder atmosphere compared to our halfway line seats in the Lookers may well see him hooked and reeled in this season. It really was job done fore me on and off the field on Saturday and he can't wait for Rochdale, he's even trying to talk me into taking him to Leeds!

I've been bringing my nine year old to games since he was 3, now I know I've brain washed hin to the extent he can't stand anything red but although he comes to around 10-12 games per season, he hasn't often seen us win lately and I was beginning to feel his head was being turned somewhat, especially since I took him to watch Barca last year as he has become obsessed with Messi et al, however the joy on his face when we came back to win on Saturday as well as him being enthralled with the much louder atmosphere compared to our halfway line seats in the Lookers may well see him hooked and reeled in this season. It really was job done fore me on and off the field on Saturday and he can't wait for Rochdale, he's even trying to talk me into taking him to Leeds!

Yes, a younger generation needs to be excited to get fully hooked. Did anyone notice a little group in the Main Stand paddock, in the corner where the old terrace is till intact (at the back of the shop). When we scored the fourth, a little girl (8-9?) was jumping up and down, facing the Millwall fans. It was hilarious to see a little girl celebrating so passionately in the faces of some of the most notorious fans in the country.

I can relate to that, i took my wife to her first game on saturday and she doesn't even like football. I was just hoping for a good atmosphere, and wow was i not dissapointed, she loved every minute of it and cannot wait for tomorrow night!

I can relate to that, i took my wife to her first game on saturday and she doesn't even like football. I was just hoping for a good atmosphere, and wow was i not dissapointed, she loved every minute of it and cannot wait for tomorrow night!

Cannot wait, eh? A visit by the lurvvvvvv doctor???

...or do you mean Rochdale?

Same here with me. My son is 6 and has been coming with me since the FA Cup match at wolves. Got us a seson ticket for rocky rd and he's loving it. He also can't wait for 2moz, gutted he and myself can't go leeds (on hols) but I keep letting him know the season has only just started.

He did come out with a cracker after satdays match, when are we playing everton again :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by bazzaoafc

Same here with me. My son is 6 and has been coming with me since the FA Cup match at wolves. Got us a seson ticket for rocky rd and he's loving it. He also can't wait for 2moz, gutted he and myself can't go leeds (on hols) but I keep letting him know the season has only just started.

He did come out with a cracker after satdays match, when are we playing everton again :lol::lol::lol:

I hope you said either next season or the one after!! Keep the Faith.

Reminds me of a story my mate told me about his Blackburn supporting friend. When they played us in the league cup a few years back and beat us 2-0. He'd taken his little boy and sat in the silent home end... Dux had a goal disallowed and we followed it up with a great, loud rendition of "No Nay Never". His kid just turned to him and said "Daddy, why do they hate us so much?" :grin: