fattest player

All this talk about Gregan and Crossley and their weight issues has got me thinking. Who is the fattest player we've had? John Hurst and Vic Halom were 'big boned'. Peter Skipper? McDonnell?

Who was the fattest of them all?

I never used to see John Hurst as fat but he was very pidgeon chested.

Guest oa_exile
Crossley and Gregan are big guys.Mickey Quinn was fat

"Who ate all the pies"

Dont mince yer words :lol:

Edited by oa_exile

Crossley and Gregan are big guys. Mickey Quinn was fat.

Of course!! And he wasn't even close to his 30s. He was chubby all the time. At last the others were the wrong side of 30. Did you ever read Quinn's autobiography. The bit on his time at Oldham said it all. Joe didn't discourage the drinking culture! Quinn's main problem wasn't so much the pies as the pints!

Of course!! And he wasn't even close to his 30s. He was chubby all the time. At last the others were the wrong side of 30. Did you ever read Quinn's autobiography. The bit on his time at Oldham said it all. Joe didn't discourage the drinking culture! Quinn's main problem wasn't so much the pies as the pints!

Starbuck, McCarthorse, Neil McDonald, Ricketts, Goram when he returned. Stevie Redmond and Simon Charlton was no twiglet either! Oh and Beckford!

Mike Bernard was well built :)

your right about him, but he was nearly 38 and only played about 7 matches for us , i would not say john hurst was fat , you should have been at the club photo take in 1981 ,when i had my photo took with the team , as i was walking down the tunnell steps , col shaw and jim kirton said look(the main stand) someone is fatter than big vic on the team (that was me :wacko: ) should be great in defence , it made sir jimmy frizzell laugh

Edited by boboafc

I never used to see John Hurst as fat but he was very pidgeon chested.

I was little unsure, that's why I fudged it and went for the 'big bone' description. Memory. As a kid i used to think he was a little portly, but thinking back you might be right.

What about Vic?

I was little unsure, that's why I fudged it and went for the 'big bone' description. Memory. As a kid i used to think he was a little portly, but thinking back you might be right.

What about Vic?

Vic was barrell chested but also carried a few extra pounds around the midrift as well.

Guest oa_exile
There was a picture I saw of Leon Clarke in his loan spell here that wasn’t very flattering, he still knew where the goal was though!

Sport5FRI3003.jpg

From memory Bobby Collins wasn't slim in the early 70's. About 5 feet tall and about as wide. Mind you I think he was well into his 40's when he came to us. Never thought of John Hurst as fat though.

That Polish midfielder Kowenicki wasn't slim either.

Derek Parker looked well overweight, as well as slow and useless.