poor maths skills

on the dale preview on the OS it states we have an 18-man squad meaning only one will miss out as we can name 7 subs - i think you'll find 11 + 7 =18!

Well it looks like the full the squad are playing (or at least on the bench)

Stop being so picky.

Mr Bishop :lol: was my form tutor ...

those were the days :grin:

Indeed they were. Running 300 yards to the all weather pitch just to see the end of a fight that was no more than a pushing competition. Mr Skilling picking people up by the ears and hanging them on the hooks in the changing rooms (I'd be able to of got him sued and sacked if he tried that nowadays) :lol::angry: Not to mention him always choosing me, being one of the smallest to be on at Bulldog (even tho it was supposed to be banned) on the Rugby pitches and giving me the order I had to start by trying to tackle the biggest lad in the year. :lol: The Gypo Cab :grin:

Mr Bishop hated me. Mainly because he got terrorised with people quoting lines Simpsons characters said to Mr Burns. :lol: Someone shouted Duck Lips when his back was turned once and I ended up getting detention for it. :blink: I was in top set at Maths in his class. Ended up getting sent out one two many times and had to sit in Mr Chadwick's class next door with the bottom set. Them learning there 3 times table and me having to learn out of a book. :angry::angry: They should of just stuck me in Mrs Knox's class every lesson. I'd of been the best pupil in the school.

There was some awful kid's (Teachers were just as bad :lol: ) at that school but I wouldnt have rather been anywhere else. What year did you leave in? 2001, myself.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Another mistake!

Tonight's match will NOT go straight to penalties if the scores are tied after 90 minutes, there will be extra time first.

Last season at this stage of the competition, Dale drew 2-2 with Stoke before winning 4-2 on pens after extra time.

Practice makes perfect with pens as Lidds says on the OS.

Indeed they were. Running 300 yards to the all weather pitch just to see the end of a fight that was no more than a pushing competition. Mr Skilling picking people up by the ears and hanging them on the hooks in the changing rooms (I'd be able to of got him sued and sacked if he tried that nowadays) :lol::angry: Not to mention him always choosing me, being one of the smallest to be on at Bulldog (even tho it was supposed to be banned) on the Rugby pitches and giving me the order I had to start by trying to tackle the biggest lad in the year. :lol: The Gypo Cab :grin:

There was some awful kid's (Teachers were just as bad :lol: ) at that school but I wouldnt have rather been anywhere else. What year did you leave in? 2001, myself.

Christ, I feel old now, I went there when it was still Bishop Henshaws! I left in 1990, can't believe Mr Skiling was still there in 2001! He was there instilling the fear of god into people when I was there, sounds like he didn't mellow with age.

Stop being so picky.

Mr Bishop :lol: was my form tutor ...

those were the days :grin:

Mr Bishop lives across the road from me (fortunately i didn't go to St Cuthberts so didn't have to put up with him at school too) - none-the-less one of the most miserable blokes you could ever hope to meet. Never seen him smile - and he used to purposely park his car in the middle of our 'football pitch' on the street to stop us playing when we were kids.

Christ, I feel old now, I went there when it was still Bishop Henshaws! I left in 1990, can't believe Mr Skiling was still there in 2001! He was there instilling the fear of god into people when I was there, sounds like he didn't mellow with age.

I believe he is in charge of the special, "norty," unit to this day, in which he points out that there are no windows and no other teachers in earshot. I was told this by a taxi driver, who mentioned that Skilling had put him diown with a headbutt when he was a bit lippy.

Yes Rocky, you could have him sacked and sued. But would you? :ph34r::peepwall:

Mr Bishop hated me. Mainly because he got terrorised with people quoting lines Simpsons characters said to Mr Burns. :lol: Someone shouted Duck Lips when his back was turned once and I ended up getting detention for it. :blink: I was in top set at Maths in his class. Ended up getting sent out one two many times and had to sit in Mr Chadwick's class next door with the bottom set. Them learning there 3 times table and me having to learn out of a book. :angry::angry: They should of just stuck me in Mrs Knox's class every lesson. I'd of been the best pupil in the school.

2004 i think i left year 11. Used to have Mr Chadwick for maths just after break ... and it wasnt pretty ... fresh sweat patches from him walking up those 4 flights of stairs .. and then Miss Mcmillan would walk through .. errrgh.

Skilling, legend ... always used to see Fitzy in the paddock aswell ... tried to hide but hed spot me a mile away!

Speaking of that AllWeather pitch, god that was awful! Rock hard in the summer and Just a puddle in the winter .... should never have stopped the valley run.

Edited by kellys_discopants

I believe he is in charge of the special, "norty," unit to this day, in which he points out that there are no windows and no other teachers in earshot. I was told this by a taxi driver, who mentioned that Skilling had put him diown with a headbutt when he was a bit lippy.

Yes Rocky, you could have him sacked and sued. But would you? :ph34r::peepwall:

Skilling should be brought in as a Discipline Czar throughout the education system, he would sort out loads of the knuckle-scraping numbskulls that litter the country today.

Skilling should be brought in as a Discipline Czar throughout the education system, he would sort out loads of the knuckle-scraping numbskulls that litter the country today.

Shouldn't this be in the Racism thread Tony?

Edited by leeslover

2004 i think i left year 11. Used to have Mr Chadwick for maths just after break ... and it wasnt pretty ... fresh sweat patches from him walking up those 4 flights of stairs .. and then Miss Mcmillan would walk through .. errrgh.

Skilling, legend ... always used to see Fitzy in the paddock aswell ... tried to hide but hed spot me a mile away!

Speaking of that AllWeather pitch, god that was awful! Rock hard in the summer and Just a puddle in the winter .... should never have stopped the valley run.

Fitzpatrick was always in the Paddock with his son, John last season who was in my year - not sure where he's sitting this season. Not sure what it was with teachers having kid's in my year - but there was a few. Dr Joy had his son too - needless to say he was in his science classes and got the brunt of the lesson directed at him, whilst the rest of us had to make do with copying and learning out of books most of the time. You might of been in my cousins year by the sound of it. Lacelle Smith (Sally) though she might of been 2003. Not too sure.

Mr Chadwick and those stairs. You kind of felt sorry for him. You'd be waiting outside and he'd be shouting up, "just let yourself in boys, i'll be there in a minute." :lol::lol:

Mrs Cook as well. The Scouse female P.E teacher who rode her bike to school every day and ran all over the show. Could never understand a word she said. Mrs Hobson (The witch), the art teacher with purple hair. Mr Chapman - The R.E teacher who did nothing but swear and call the girls "little slags". Even Miss Ryan, who it came out when I was there. Was partial to "muff" diving. There used to be another Music teacher as well. cant for the life of me think of his name. he used to constantly "by accident" drop his pen infront of girls desks and then when picking it up, his head would always take a glance in her direction.

Yes Rocky, you could have him sacked and sued. But would you?

Not one bit. He put the fear of god into everyone at their very first year 7 lesson. For my PE class is was when one boy got in from PE and got changed without having a shower, saying he didnt want to get showered with boys and so in comes Skilling and launches him into the showers, which meant he had to stand outside his next lesson and wait to dry off before he could come in. You did respect him for it though and after a few beatings you soon learnt to just shut up soon enough. It's like my old primary (Sacred Heart) where the headmaster (Mr Kierans) had "the bat" which was a ping pong bat. There was a happy and sad face on either side which depending on the mood he was in, was the decider in how hard he'd whack you.

Could never get away with that sort of stuff now but even 10/15 years ago it was considered normal. At least at my school. :blink:

Ahh, Memories. Reminiscing. It's a good job we were never let out at dinner time's. Oldham Road would have been all out warfare with 3 school's trying to get chippy dinners. A few of us did a runner from school one dinner and ended up coming back with blood stained t-shirts and black eyes thanks to half of Balderstone chasing us it seemed.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Funny you mention about what would have happened if we were let out for lunch .. i remember one day at lunch seeing 5 coppers patrolling the valley ... and then noticed 3/4 police vans at the front of the school ... apparently Baldey, Springhill were coming to Cuthies to do everyone in :lol: POlice took it deadly serious, as CID and Police vans were outside Balderstone and Police horses stood outside Springhill ... with the likes of Mr Munir, Mr Sunderland and Skilling at the front gate looking menacing :grin:

Mrs Hobson, o god, she was scary! And Mr Cooper whod disapear somewhere, only to return 5 mins stinking of booze and staggering :lol: (slight exageration maybe!!). Youll remember Mr Taylor then Rocky? Was the ass.head i think at one time, bald head .... was later found in a cupboard :lol: ... or Mr Ridgeway ... the gayest teacher youll ever meet .. sure he got the sack for taking our class on a trip without permission ... was only to that lake behind the Yew Tree but a trips a trip i guess!! Miss Cook, used to ride past me when i was at the bus-stop ... i laughed every morning!! Used to hate the buses come my last year ... virtually everyday my bus (894) was bricked either in Belfield or outside Springhill.

Funny you mention about what would have happened if we were let out for lunch .. i remember one day at lunch seeing 5 coppers patrolling the valley ... and then noticed 3/4 police vans at the front of the school ... apparently Baldey, Springhill were coming to Cuthies to do everyone in :lol: POlice took it deadly serious, as CID and Police vans were outside Balderstone and Police horses stood outside Springhill ... with the likes of Mr Munir, Mr Sunderland and Skilling at the front gate looking menacing :grin:

Mrs Hobson, o god, she was scary! And Mr Cooper whod disapear somewhere, only to return 5 mins stinking of booze and staggering :lol: (slight exageration maybe!!). Youll remember Mr Taylor then Rocky? Was the ass.head i think at one time, bald head .... was later found in a cupboard :lol: ... or Mr Ridgeway ... the gayest teacher youll ever meet .. sure he got the sack for taking our class on a trip without permission ... was only to that lake behind the Yew Tree but a trips a trip i guess!! Miss Cook, used to ride past me when i was at the bus-stop ... i laughed every morning!! Used to hate the buses come my last year ... virtually everyday my bus (894) was bricked either in Belfield or outside Springhill.

:lol::lol: Incidents like that always happened. I grew up next door to springhill. Wasnt a nice walk back. Just hoped you saw someone you knew before someone you didnt spotted your tie. :lol::lol: Mr Sunderland - Rugby mad.

The technology teachers were all pissheads from what I remember. Dont remember Mr Taylor. Never had him. Mr Ridgeway reminded me of Julian Clary.

I'm glad I was born when I was, rather than be there now. Had a look at there website and you cant even wear black pants now. Have to wear Blazers (Though them Red and Black Jumpers were horrible). Even the girls have to have their skirts no more than 2 inches above the knees. Half the girls in my year might as well of not worn a skirt it was that short. Luckily the new head, Mr Wood was only just new to it when I was leaving so couldnt enforce his stupid rules.

Remember boys - IN CHRIST WE SERVE! :lol:

Edited by Rocky_Latic

:lol::lol: Incidents like that always happened. I grew up next door to springhill. Wasnt a nice walk back. Just hoped you saw someone you knew before someone you didnt spotted your tie. :lol::lol:

The technology teachers were all pissheads from what I remember. Dont remember Mr Taylor. Never had him. Mr Ridgeway reminded me of Julian Clary.

I'm glad I was born when I was, rather than be there now. Had a look at there website and you cant even wear black pants now. Have to wear Blazers (Though them Red and Black Jumpers were horrible). Even the girls have to have their skirts no more than 2 inches above the knees. Half the girls in my year might as well of not worn a skirt it was that short. Luckily the new head, Mr Wood was only just new to it when I was leaving so couldnt enforce his stupid rules.

Remember boys - IN CHRIST WE SERVE! :lol:

Unfortunately i had to wear those blazers ... they were awful, people even wore little grey jumpers under it which made you look like a right pleb tbh. Think i had Wood from yr 8 maybe, not to sure. He was alreet, but since i was there they hardly spent a penny on the PE department yet wer were clearly the best sporing school around. Had Mr Monks in my last year (i went to 6th form :unsure: ) ... he was class, didnt ever do any work with him! Reminded me of Chadwick, if you ever had him after break hed be found somewhere near reprographics begging for air! :lol:

It only changed to Cuthburts in my last year so I didn't had to get the new uniform and could carry on with the old one thank god :wink:

Can't remember the name of the head who came in after Mr Kelly, but remember he had wonky eyes, he could see in two directions at once which I guess is a plus for a teacher. He was a bit of a prick but he had a tough act to follow as Mr Kelly was a great head, knew everybody's name and how they were doing. I had Ridgeway for Physics in 3rd year, he was alright, came down like a ton of bricks on us to start with then realised we weren't a bad class. Had Mr Pegg for Chemistry in third year but then got Mr Galvin who was probably the best teacher I have ever had. He treated you like an adult when you weren't anything of the sort at that age, if you did drop a bollock it made it worse as you had let him down.