He let his club, manager, team mates and supporters down by a similar stupid action to that he shown in the past, its no wonder everyone is frustrated by this player who needs to show less petulance and more concentration on the field.

He has let a lot of people down yes, but it is this kind of over reaction which will lead to many of our fans starting to get on his back and before we know it his head will be well and truly down. IMO most fans frustrations with Davies come from the absolutely ludicrous overhyping he received in the pre season we signed him.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He has let a lot of people down yes, but it is this kind of over reaction which will lead to many of our fans starting to get on his back and before we know it his head will be well and truly down. IMO most fans frustrations with Davies come from the absolutely ludicrous overhyping he received in the pre season we signed him.

I don't see why we shouldn't be really mad at him. You talk about the way it might make him react in the future, well, it wasn't us that made him do what he did last night, and it's hardly the first time we've seen him try and get himself sent off when he blows a fuse. It's a persistent problem with him, and if he doesn't sort it out then it brings his value to the team and within the squad into question. Nobody's fault but his own. I hope he finds it very hard to get back into the team, because that will mean whoever gets his place will have played well, but when he does get in I will be backing him, but at the moment I think he is a tool and I hope he knows it.

Edited by leeslover

To be honest, I think there's two ways of thinking on this at present...

1) My way of thinking that he's a decent enough player and has started a bit slowly this season (a lot being down to poor service) and that while we've got plenty of time for him, we're utterly disappointed by last night and needs hauling over the coals. And for it to work on him...or else he'll lose those who support him.

And...

2) The way of thinking that he's a bone idle, attitude-filled idiot that had been written off last season (unfairly IMO, but not in theirs) and that that last night more than supports their view. And that a public flogging should be administered at the next home game from the new TV gantry!

Alas...I'd like to think there's a lot more thinking as I do than those who are baying for blood today. Yep, he's let us down. Yep, he needs telling so and he will be. And those still in favour of him will hope that he cuts out the :censored: and knuckles down with some big goals this season.

PS Someone asked about Gregan stepping in as captain...to be honest, I don't think anyone expected such an explosion of the situation like CD headbutting someone and also, it was right the other end of the pitch. If anyone should've tried calming it down, it's Hughes as he was there and his argument in the first place. TBH, Hughes is fast getting back to his old West Brom days of utterly winding up the oppo...which led to the situation last night (suggestions he left his foot in.) I hope this is not rubbing off on others like Davies.

Edited by boundaryblue80

I don't see why we shouldn't be really made at him. You talk about the way it might make him react in the future, well, it wasn't us that made him do what he did last night, and it's hardly the first time we've seen him try and get himself sent off when he blows a fuse. It's a persistent problem with him, and if he doesn't sort it out then it brings his value to the team and within the squad into question. Nobody's fault but his own. I hope he finds it very hard to get back into the team, because that will mean whoever gets his place will have played well, but when he does get in I will be backing him, but at the moment I think he is a tool and I hope he knows it.

agree 100% (except the spelling mistake!) maybe this will be the catalyst he needs. imagine how bad this would be had we lost? our need for a scapegoat is ludicrous but its a reflection of society. that said he needs something, if not crucifiction then maybe the rack should suffice? i really hope he was scared to come in this morning, but he did it. then when he got there the tea lady tutted at him then shez tore a strip off him, fined him two weeks wages and threw the chalkboard duster at him then davies apologised AND meant it. i really do hope.

This has been done to death now but Davies is a prat!!

We've had a complete close season for the coaching staff to work on him and by the looks of things he hasn't listened to a word they've said, I think he's the most frustrating player I've ever seen at Boundary Park.

Long term I can't see how a Hughes Davies partnership is going to produce the goods. Davies's positioning play is very poor, and he hasn't got the necessary upstairs to make a decent striker. I'd much rather see Allesandra or O'Grady alongside Hughes.

The only position I would play Davies in is as a lone striker ala 4-5-1 as he seems to play by himself most of the time anyway!!!!

To be honest, I think there's two ways of thinking on this at present...

1) My way of thinking that he's a decent enough player and has started a bit slowly this season (a lot being down to poor service) and that while we've got plenty of time for him, we're utterly disappointed by last night and needs hauling over the coals. And for it to work on him...or else he'll lose those who support him.

And...

2) The way of thinking that he's a bone idle, attitude-filled idiot that had been written off last season (unfairly IMO, but not in theirs) and that that last night more than supports their view. And that a public flogging should be administered at the next home game from the new TV gantry!

Alas...I'd like to think there's a lot more thinking as I do than those who are baying for blood today. Yep, he's let us down. Yep, he needs telling so and he will be. And those still in favour of him will hope that he cuts out the :censored: and knuckles down with some big goals this season.

PS Someone asked about Gregan stepping in as captain...to be honest, I don't think anyone expected such an explosion of the situation like CD headbutting someone and also, it was right the other end of the pitch. If anyone should've tried calming it down, it's Hughes as he was there and his argument in the first place. TBH, Hughes is fast getting back to his old West Brom days of utterly winding up the oppo...which led to the situation last night (suggestions he left his foot in.) I hope this is not rubbing off on others like Davies.

I'm with you on this one and I think the majority are I watched Sheridans reaction as Davies trudged off he didn't even look at him no doubt deserved dressing down will have been given.

If only Davies could be a fine upstanding young man as Hughes.

Don't try and deflect the attention away from Davies' deficiencies Senor - the fact is that it was he who couldn't leave it alone last night and put his team mates in to extremely difficult position. Lets remember who was the one left to do much of the running up front (on the back on no real pre season due to injury/illness and a 30 minute slot on Sat) with his young strike partners for over 2hrs last night.

But then I'd expect nothing less than that from you, given your 'agenda'.

No Coco - if only he could learn from Hughes how to put himself about on the pitch without being a bloody liability.

Now my take on last night, from the point above (Hughes not being a liability specifically)

Hughesy worked his socks off, running all night long right until the final whistle of extra time; and for that i can't fault him at all. However, he also got involved spats & arguments that were unessessary & draw unwanted attention towards him. He's always going to get stick to varying amounts (millwall, leeds etc at the vitriolic end of thing, teams like Cheltenham eta ll prob not that much), but if he just goes about his job and doesn't rise to these wind up 'tactics' then they'd go away quickly enough.

Last night it was his 'foot in' ,in the corner where i was sat, that started all the verbals & billy big balls pushing that led to CD getting sent off. He then got involved in a verbal spat with Higginbotham that lasted for a while & needed the ref to sort out, then finally getting involved when Eardley got his booking for that quality challenge on their winger - Hughesy ran 50+yards to get involved & then carried on the verbals with the Dale captain.

Now all i'm saying is i really hope this hasn't crept into his game; as i'd be very surprised if he too doesn't himself sent off in the not too distant future if he carries on in last nights vein.

As for CD - think that's all been covered on this thread - i'm in the don't crusify camp (after a nights sleep; was sooooo mad with him last night!!), but i really hope he learns THIS TIME. For me, he will have to battle to get back into the side, and also into the fans affections again as last night really blotted his copybook - such a silly sending off.

Edited by slystallone

Now my take on last night, from the point above (Hughes not being a liability specifically)

Last night it was his 'foot in' ,in the corner where i was sat, that started all the verbals & billy big balls pushing that led to CD getting sent off. He then got involved in a verbal spat with Higginbotham that lasted for a while & needed the ref to sort out, then finally getting involved when Eardley got his booking for that quality challenge on their winger - Hughesy ran 50+yards to get involved & then carried on the verbals with the Dale captain.

If he left his foot in, how come the referee and liner (who was utterly inept - the offside he gave when hazell headed it back after all the stick we gave him - class) who were both stood less than 5 yards away didnt give anything? The dale players spat the dummy, and hughes told them to sod off.... nothing more than that...

The thing as is said, hughesy's game is all about strength, effort, and power, he is going to put himself about a bit - something which davies never does. He gets himself in a few verbals, but he knows any hint of physicals and he is gone in a second... so he doesnt do it.... Davies on the other hand is a moron, who thinks he is a superstar, therefore can nut a supposed inferior player in front of the referee and get away with it.... brilliant son...

Time for Davies to do what he said he was going to do and learn rom Hughesy... at the moment he doesnt even deserve to be on the same pitch as him.... long may lewis stay in the team....

Hughes ran 50 yards cos even he seen that Eardley never touched the lad if Eardley did touch him he would of been sat with us in the away stand he tried getting Earldey sent off so Hughes told him to get up which he did if I'm not mistaken. The spat with the dale captain, they had there arms around each other about 30 seconds after laughing and joking so there wasn't much verbal being dished.

Time for Davies to do what he said he was going to do and learn rom Hughesy... at the moment he doesnt even deserve to be on the same pitch as him.... long may lewis stay in the team....

Said last night that the silver lining out of Davies' suspension is that perhaps now Lewis will get a run of starts. Hope he grabs the opportunity with both hands (or feet)!

Said last night that the silver lining out of Davies' suspension is that perhaps now Lewis will get a run of starts. Hope he grabs the opportunity with both hands (or feet)!

me too, i think lewis and hughes might be our best strike combination

As for winding up Hughes, Milwall fans are plotting revenge at the New Den. Looks like some of them are trying to get a banner saying Douglas Graham RIP.

http://www.millwall.vitalfootball.co.uk/fo...389&start=1

Just thought i'd give everyone the heads up

Just quickly scim-read that, shocking. Those Millwall 'fans' really are the scum of the football world, complete set of muppets the lot of them - any banners etc that have anything even remotely offensive on them will be confiscated beofre they even finish putting them up.

As for winding up Hughes, Milwall fans are plotting revenge at the New Den. Looks like some of them are trying to get a banner saying Douglas Graham RIP.

http://www.millwall.vitalfootball.co.uk/fo...389&start=1

Just thought i'd give everyone the heads up

Damn, they found one with half a brain cell.

Er, we did that last season, the **nt scored a hat trick

Just quickly scim-read that, shocking. Those Millwall 'fans' really are the scum of the football world, complete set of muppets the lot of them - any banners etc that have anything even remotely offensive on them will be confiscated beofre they even finish putting them up.

Tell, you what, they bloody wont.... the stewards there are pointless..... if they dont stop the milllwall 'yoof' threatening us with iron bars they had ripped of their own stands like last season, then they aint goint to be clever enough to figure out that banner is inflamatory....

... the thing is, neither will the rest of their fans... and as Lees says, it wont matter... by then hughesy will be sharp enough to rip them to shred no matter their muppet antics...

He might get sent off and all if he does that!

I've been pretty unimpressed with Davies so far this season, I didn't think he did anything special against Millwall and last night he seemed to be back his old, miserable, whinging self for half an hour before he got himself sent off!

I know he has the ability but it would be great if he showed it a bit more often! I hope along with his well deserved fine, Shez has got him in for some extra training as well. It's a joke that he'll now be off playing for Wales.

As for Hughes I'm very uncomfortable with him goading the opposition fans, I don't think it's right personally but I'm all for him running and supporting his teammates, reminds me of when Dowie was in charge and the squad was all together fighting for each other.

Agree with these two comments on the whole, face it if Craig comes back and bags a hat-trick in his first game back we'll all be praising his boots, just as imo if Hughes had been sent off last night he wouldn't be getting a 4+ page thread with these comments.

Yeah, he did something stupid and let the team and us down, but he's one of us for me, he showed his quality last season, and by getting on his back ain't going to help that much, he's got his ban, Sheridan will do the other neccesities, but i'm sure with a bit of support he will come back and score the goals like he did last season.

Sorry but if Hughes had done it, you wouldn't get a 4+ paged thread...you'd get 4+ forum pages full of threads!!! Along with 4 wildly varying stories splattered around all the tabloids!!!

One prays this doesn't happen...but with his recent nigglings I don't think it'd take too long before someone gets enough of a rise out of him. It may be a new season for Hughes, but his head should still be well and truly down and not be getting close to the spotlight. If that curbs his natural game....tough! That's why he's with us and if he's still half the player he was, he'll still be bloody good!

However, this ain't a thread about Hughes....thankfully. Hope Shez has a word with both Davies AND Hughes personally!

Edited by boundaryblue80