Smalley and Whitaker

Smalley has officially won me over, he was quality yesterday but it has to be said that given the amount of space he was given time and time again the ball wasn't played to him as often as it should have been.

Whitaker, no worse than the rest of the team, but loved seeing him winding up the Dale fans after he scored his penalty, he's a worthy number 7.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

Looks like Deano has put a bit of weight on over the summer and bulked up a bit which is good, he will cause defences a lot trouble this season. The hardest part for me was that I had trouble telling Hughes, Smalley and Whittaker apart at times last night.

Smalley was :censored: when he came off, granted he worked his arse off and was excellent but he'll need to build his stamina up more than that. After he made that really long run down the right he took an age to get back into the game, leaving Eardley badly exposed for too long to a counterattack. Over to RoboPhysio...

Looks like Deano has put a bit of weight on over the summer and bulked up a bit which is good, he will cause defences a lot trouble this season. The hardest part for me was that I had trouble telling Hughes, Smalley and Whittaker apart at times last night.

You can always tell Hughes by the way he moves.....he looks so awkward to me. Clearly doesnt much hinder him though :)

You can always tell Hughes by the way he moves.....he looks so awkward to me. Clearly doesnt much hinder him though :)

I was worried Hughes was feeling his groin (phnar phnar) as the game went on with the way he slouched ever more to one side. Maybe he was trying to adopt some sort of gangsta posture to intimidate the opposition?