11.O'Grady

9.Hughes

Subs.

13.Fleming

6.Stam

15.Maher

24.Smalley

25.Alessandra

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally id stick lewis up with hughesy but can see shez stickin with O'grady, ive got a feeling we are going to get a point.

Maybe he'll be tempted with Maher and Ratters with it being away at Leeds? I think Hughesy and Lewis might be our most natural front two pairing, spose it depends whether Shez wants O'Grady's pace to get behind them. O'Grady and Smalley would be hell of a pair to throw on as an attacking substitution.

1.Crossley

2.Eardley

16.Gregan ©

14.Hazell

12.Lomax

22.Liddell

8.Allott

7.Whitaker

18.Taylor

11.O'Grady

9.Hughes

Subs.

13.Fleming

6.Stam

15.Maher

24.Smalley

25.Alessandra

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally id stick lewis up with hughesy but can see shez stickin with O'grady, ive got a feeling we are going to get a point.

I think thats the team hell go with to mate.

Myself, wouldnt mind seeing Smalley and Taylor on the wings ... giving us real pace on both wings, with Liddell just behind Hughes.

1.Crossley

2.Eardley

16.Gregan ©

14.Hazell

12.Lomax

22.Liddell

8.Allott

7.Whitaker

18.Taylor

11.O'Grady

9.Hughes

Subs.

13.Fleming

6.Stam

15.Maher

24.Smalley

25.Alessandra

All i can say, is that if Shez plays Liddell on the right, directly against Robinson - It will be tactical suicide. Now, let me put that into context, it is not because of my usual dislike for Lids, fair enough he looked lively against Miiiii, it is purely about who he is playing against...

Now if anyone saw the highlights of Leeds Vs Scunny/Chester ... everything went through Robinson and down the left.... and he battered the respective full-backs.... we have to have someone who can both track him back, and also force him to do a little defending too... otherwise we will get ripped to shreds.... Leeds are too good at keeping the ball so liddell isnt going to be getting the ball to his feet and using it - we have to have Taylor or Smalley over there who will work thier asses off to counter Robinson....

I possibly could even see us doing the 4-5-1 thing, O'grady on the left, whittaker supporting hughesy from midfield through the middle.... the whole way to beat leeds is to outwork them and not let them have time on the ball in midfield - I hope shez plays a team taking that into account....

Would love to see O grady left side Taylor right with Lewi and Hughes up front.

O'Grady isn't a winger and he most definitely isn't left footed as proven by Tuesday night. He could get to the by-line but just didn't look comfortable crossing or passing. As we have no natural left sided option it has to be Taylor imo. Should be Smalley on the right but I get the impression Shez doesn't like to upset the older lot (Gregan, Norman, Lids etc) so I won't be surprised if Lids starts.

I think thats the team hell go with to mate.

Myself, wouldnt mind seeing Smalley and Taylor on the wings ... giving us real pace on both wings, with Liddell just behind Hughes.

Sounds good to me. Maybe a 4-4-1-1 type formation with Maher and Ratters protecting the back four. Look to counter attack with the pace on the wings?

Also I think the craft of Lidds behind Hughesy could be fearsome.

Sounds good to me. Maybe a 4-4-1-1 type formation with Maher and Ratters protecting the back four. Look to counter attack with the pace on the wings?

Also I think the craft of Lidds behind Hughesy could be fearsome.

I think the emergence of Alessandra takes away some of the call for Lids to play that role. He might not have the experience and know-how yet but he is one hell of a fast learner. Him and Hughes seem to be one the same wavelength already.

I think the emergence of Alessandra takes away some of the call for Lids to play that role. He might not have the experience and know-how yet but he is one hell of a fast learner. Him and Hughes seem to be one the same wavelength already.

Im a Liddell fan but I wouldnt have any problem with that. It's testament to Lewis that some would pick him over Lidds in that role.

However I thoroughly expect Lidds to take up his position on the right of midfield.....and I reckon he'l play a blinder with it being Elland Road.

Lets be honest we should go into each game looking to win and being postive. However, this should be our biggest test away from home this season in the league.... do we go into this for a point or is attack always the best form of attack????

Leeds are on a big high at the moment, last time we played them they had started to struggle so against my better nature I think we should start slightly defensive with both Maher / Allott as Robinson / Beckford are looking a handful, but with two big strong guys at the front holding the ball up and hopfully not allowing Leeds to play the ball out from the back. We now have enough attacking quality on the bench to turn the game on its head and go for the kill once the game settles.....

Crossley

Eardley

Hazell

Gregan

Lomax

Maher

Allott

Whitaker

Taylor

Hughes

O'Grady

SUBS:

Fleming

Stam

Lidds

Lewis

Smalley

Although ........... really haven't made my mind up regarding Lidds as he'll love the big pitch.

Lets be honest we should go into each game looking to win and being postive. However, this should be our biggest test away from home this season in the league.... do we go into this for a point or is attack always the best form of attack????

Leeds are on a big high at the moment, last time we played them they had started to struggle so against my better nature I think we should start slightly defensive with both Maher / Allott as Robinson / Beckford are looking a handful, but with two big strong guys at the front holding the ball up and hopfully not allowing Leeds to play the ball out from the back. We now have enough attacking quality on the bench to turn the game on its head and go for the kill once the game settles.....

Crossley

Eardley

Hazell

Gregan

Lomax

Maher

Allott

Whitaker

Taylor

Hughes

O'Grady

SUBS:

Fleming

Stam

Lidds

Lewis

Smalley

Although ........... really haven't made my mind up regarding Lidds as he'll love the big pitch.

What? With his expansive running game... lots of space or him to run the channels! :lol:

The team you have picked is exactly the team I woulod start with.... strong, mobile.... and with a solid centre....

Dont change a winning team. Granted we were losing before the magical subs come on but i would stick with the 11 that started against millwall and see how they get on! I do think smalley should play some part though!

COME ON THE BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KEEP THE FAITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont change a winning team. Granted we were losing before the magical subs come on but i would stick with the 11 that started against millwall and see how they get on! I do think smalley should play some part though!

COME ON THE BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KEEP THE FAITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There could be a problem with that idea for the next 3 games or so :wink:

I think there's a case to argue for a few different players to play.

O'Grady and Hughes would have the presence to give Leeds' big centre halfs a battle, helped by Liddell's balls onto their heads, but then again, you may say why should we try and challenge them where they may be at their strongest? Maybe it would be better to focus on where they're more susceptible, and get at them with Smalley's pace and Lewis' trickery.

I think there's a case to argue for a few different players to play.

O'Grady and Hughes would have the presence to give Leeds' big centre halfs a battle, helped by Liddell's balls onto their heads, but then again, you may say why should we try and challenge them where they may be at their strongest? Maybe it would be better to focus on where they're more susceptible, and get at them with Smalley's pace and Lewis' trickery.

Yep, it's nothing against Lidds that i'd prefer Smalley in the starting 11, I just feel we've got more of a chance of beating Leeds with pace, especially seeing as they're extremely good defensively.

Why not? He's left footed, good on the ball, and solid defensively. He'd be a much better LB than Taylor, that's for certain.

He's left footed, and hoofs it every single time. Is solid sometimes. Much rather have Taylor at LB over him. Then again, Id rather have Lomax LB over Taylor. Don't understand all this fascination with Stam.