AGENT FEES IN FOOTBALL LEAGUE! Oafc.

Top 3 Clubs in League 1 per amount going to Agents from July 2007-June 2008

1.Leeds Utd £373,000

2. Luton £239,750

3. OLDHAM £ 128,000 :shock:

Bloody hell swansea and Notts F were in our division then aswell. Wonder who ours went on?????

1.Leeds Utd £373,000

2. Luton £239,750

Bloody hell swansea and Notts F were in our division then aswell. Wonder who ours went on?????

Won't that be because we made late signings last year and early ones this? So we'll have caught two years payments in that one report.

That's my theory anyway, and I'm sticking with it :)

Won't that be because we made late signings last year and early ones this? So we'll have caught two years payments in that one report.

That's my theory anyway, and I'm sticking with it :)

Thats about right but these agents get paid loads.

1.Leeds Utd £373,000

2. Luton £239,750

Mr. Ricketts? I mean he must have been a bloody good agent!! :wink:

Edited by ste1987

Who do you think brokered the Lee Hughes deal you don't think it was Lee Hughes himself do you? I can see in now, 'excuse me Mr. Big but I need to use that phone to talk to Alan Hardy.' That plus Ricketts, some new contracts, loanees etc and Kilkenny its an understandable amount. But hang on weren't Luton in administration so how were they able to pay agents almost twice as much as us? Or was it something that they've already been punished for.

Who do you think brokered the Lee Hughes deal you don't think it was Lee Hughes himself do you? I can see in now, 'excuse me Mr. Big but I need to use that phone to talk to Alan Hardy.' That plus Ricketts, some new contracts, loanees etc and Kilkenny its an understandable amount. But hang on weren't Luton in administration so how were they able to pay agents almost twice as much as us? Or was it something that they've already been punished for.

Barry Owen contacted Hughes and dealt with him personally. Never heard of an agent being involved in any of the interviews or anything. Barry was also present at the parole hearing.

But hang on weren't Luton in administration so how were they able to pay agents almost twice as much as us? Or was it something that they've already been punished for.

You'll pay agents fees as and when with the transfer fee.

It's irrelevant though, because Luton are now a well run club and haven't started spending money like there is no tomorrow. :o