Craig Davies

All i was getting at was the fact that having read all the posts about him after Tuesday it certainly seemed as though "Some" people were taking it a bit too far. Some were saying things like "sell him". The lad knows he's done wrong and beleive me when i say it was made VERY clear to him at half time on Tuesday. He has been hit where it hurts the most, in his pocket and in his international career. Hopefully he would have learnt his lesson, but when he does come back i hope fans have the brains not to boo him. Like Eastley said, when adrenalin kicks in on a football pitch some people just see red in that kind of situation, gods knows ive done it myself, but you just learn from it.

All i was getting at was the fact that having read all the posts about him after Tuesday it certainly seemed as though "Some" people were taking it a bit too far. Some were saying things like "sell him". The lad knows he's done wrong and beleive me when i say it was made VERY clear to him at half time on Tuesday. He has been hit where it hurts the most, in his pocket and in his international career. Hopefully he would have learnt his lesson, but when he does come back i hope fans have the brains not to boo him. Like Eastley said, when adrenalin kicks in on a football pitch some people just see red in that kind of situation, gods knows ive done it myself, but you just learn from it.

I agree that calls to sell him are a little early :P

No matter if he was a dust man or a director of a company and would expect him act far more professional than he has done in his place of work. I dont see what the hell this has to do with kids ? Your a bit of a weirdo arent you :D

I was merely making the point that the word professional is not used in the same context when used in Football, Dentistry, Medicine, Criminal Law.

I think that you are setting your expectations too high if you are so upset that a footballer got sent off for violent conduct - shock horror.

Now you are drawing parallels between Dustmen and Comnapny Directors. I am yet to see a Bin Man in a Pin Striped Suit, or a Company Director spill my rubbish all over my path - me weird? Are you sure?

I was merely making the point that the word professional is not used in the same context when used in Football, Dentistry, Medicine, Criminal Law.

I think that you are setting your expectations too high if you are so upset that a footballer got sent off for violent conduct - shock horror.

Now you are drawing parallels between Dustmen and Comnapny Directors. I am yet to see a Bin Man in a Pin Striped Suit, or a Company Director spill my rubbish all over my path - me weird? Are you sure?

Well your not very bright if you cant see my point...

Im saying no matter what you job is you should show respect to it and act professionaly...

or a Company Director spill my rubbish all over my path

I'd love to win the lottery and 'Craig Davies' jobs.

Purposefully throwing litter into peoples gardens as a binman. Driving buses round cul de sacs and to wrong destinations. Guiding children into the path of oncoming cars. Crashing aircraft carriers into Iranian docks. Webspazzing on owtb instead of doing statistcial reports.

Err, forget that last one.

Davies actions are worrying, but you shouldn't be surprised. He is a young lad - not the brightest - and will want to preserve his personal pride within his peer group.

Peer group pride, and who would this peer group be, he's 22 years of age, not a schoolkid, old enough have a mind of his own surely ?

Has it not occurred to anyone (except OldhamSheridan) that there's every chance that isn't even Davies?

Chances are it's some 12 year old kid who thinks it's clever pretending to be someone else on the internet...

Must be a very clever 12 year old to get pictures of him on night's out, etc. :wink:

To be honest. Craig got lucky. If we'd of got beat, then he'd of been public enemy number one. As it is, by the time his suspensions up, it'll all have blown over.

As for Eastley. Yes, adrenaline does kick in and get the better, look at our fans games against Tranmere when it's boiled over after kicking lumps out of each other. Come the final whistle it's always been forgotten.

Stanton is a good defender. He knows how to get strikers sent off with just a few words and a few dirty tactics. Seen it many times where he's bullied the oppo strikers in the opening twenty minutes and those who've stayed on the pitch try and keep as far away as possible and pretty much do nothing of note the rest of the game. Craig with the pace he has needs to realise that soon enough defenders who know he's got pace are going to start giving little digs to him and words in the ear to put him off at every opportunity.

If anything when he decides to learn from it, it could improve his overall game. Like plenty of others before him.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Well your not very bright if you cant see my point...

Im saying no matter what you job is you should show respect to it and act professionaly...

Please pass comment on what I write and refrain from making personal comments.

Some of the most iconic players of the last 10 years have an urge to hit the self destruct button;

Beckham - Argentina world Cup

Cantona - Crowd attack

Keane - Tried to cripple Haaland

Ferguson - Headbutt incident

maybe...just maybe he is will turn out as good as them?

There are also many players who have hit the self-destruct button who have turned out to be little better than pub players. Let's hope that he doesn't deteriorate into one of those.

Peer group pride, and who would this peer group be, he's 22 years of age, not a schoolkid, old enough have a mind of his own surely ?

I think it is dangerous to judge people by your own standards. I am sure you were a much more mature person at 22.

His peer group would likely be people in a similar stage of their life as he is.

I think it is dangerous to judge people by your own standards. I am sure you were a much more mature person at 22.

His peer group would likely be people in a similar stage of their life as he is.

You know in all my life I have never nutted someone... I dont think it mean being more mature.... It just means being a nice human being.....

Then again, you can hardly compare him to the average 22 year old. He's on a wedge. Playing for his country. He's got the limelight (to a small extent). Not suprising a few footballers let it get to their heads (Which is why I and others who've met Wolfy on a night out think he's a total c*ck on an ego boost. Same goes for a few with regards to Kilkenny (though I must of seen him drinking on a good day) and others over the years.

Does anybody ever get the feeling that we are the most impatient fans in the entire country?

Yes, but then I watched Man City last night and realised we're not anywhere near. :grin:

Stanton is a good defender. He knows how to get strikers sent off with just a few words and a few dirty tactics. Seen it many times where he's bullied the oppo strikers in the opening twenty minutes and those who've stayed on the pitch try and keep as far away as possible and pretty much do nothing of note the rest of the game. Craig with the pace he has needs to realise that soon enough defenders who know he's got pace are going to start giving little digs to him and words in the ear to put him off at every opportunity.

Sounds a bit like Gregan :o

Good enough for League One this Stanton lad you reckon?