Are you looking forward to a bLeating on saturday lads?

So are you actually Spanish? Or where you born in England then moved over there? Was it family or what? By the way no need to use the same joke about three times its not funny.

I was born in England and moved over here 10 years ago although my grandparent is spanish so I have spanish blood in me. Ok ill cut the 'greater manchester' joke.!!

Edited by spainboy

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah. Can only cringe when I see arrogant posts like this from my fellow Whites. Only enhances the 'myth' that we're all arrogant chest-beaters.

Looking forward to tomorrow, a tough first game at home for us against yourselves, I expect you to be pushing for the play offs. Will be nice to see Shez back 'home' again, just hope he does us a favour this time!

Any idea how many you've sold? £27/32 is a joke

TBH I think the £27 has put more than a few Latics fans off, if the comments on here are anything to go by.

As has been mentioned we have sold about 1000 but there maybe a few more now that we can pay on the day.

I'd take a draw now if it was offered but unfortunately its not being offered (tight Yorkshire gets). :grin:

LUFC its not arrogant it's just friendly banter. Get a life FFS. No one is getting hurt, it's just a norm sometimes on forums. Join in if you like.!! :wink:

Yes please join in ...on your own forum. Not really friendly with your title 'looking forward to a beating ..' I'd say you don't really have anything constructive to say and are simply trying to get a reaction. Your even now turning on your own with personal attacks.

Your a Leeds fan ... therefore arrogant is the majority of your fans middle name.

LUFC actually asked questions that could be debated ie what kind of crowds are your likely to bring and seems like he actually wanted to talk about the game. Yours was far from looking for a debate on the game.....

Yes please join in ...on your own forum. Not really friendly with your title 'looking forward to a beating ..' I'd say you don't really have anything constructive to say and are simply trying to get a reaction. Your even now turning on your own with personal attacks.

Your a Leeds fan ... therefore arrogant is the majority of your fans middle name.

LUFC actually asked questions that could be debated ie what kind of crowds are your likely to bring and seems like he actually wanted to talk about the game. Yours was far from looking for a debate on the game.....

LUFC has only made one comment on here and one post in his entire history on here and it wasn't what you said. He has not asked any questions in relation to crowds etc. Where did you get that from Markoasis?

Edited by spainboy

LUFC has only made one comment on here and one post in his entire history on here and it wasn't what you said. He has not asked any questions in relation to crowds etc. Where did you get that from Markoasis?

No he has in a way he said something like how many tickets have you sold? Anyway read this article all though it is talking about premier league clubs it does relate to Leeds. http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/aug/14/premierleague

Edited by spadam

Are you still here you Catalunian ewe knobber?

I love posts from fans who tell us just how well they are playing, then it come out (I'm assuming that this guy doesn't communte from Barcelona) they don't actually go to games. It's normall Reds but clearly spainboy wants to be like a Red.

All the talk of £27 quid putting people off that’s 9 pints in town on a Saturday night, its kack.

People aint going because they have different priorities and in 2008 if you cant afford £27 quid for an afternoons entertainment then thats a problem.

No excuses they just cant be arsed going to Eland road.

£27 Quid on Saturday to see two of the best teams in the division in the biggest ground in front of the highest crowd and best atmosphere of the day is nothing to pay.

I don't know what people expect these days for £27 quid.

All the talk of £27 quid putting people off that’s 9 pints in town on a Saturday night, its kack.

People aint going because they have different priorities and in 2008 if you cant afford £27 quid for an afternoons entertainment then thats a problem.

£27 Quid on Saturday to see two of the best teams in the division in the biggest ground in front of the highest crowd and best atmosphere of the day is nothing to pay.

Completely disagree with you Kyle.

Take £27 just to get in.

Travel money over there.

Food/Drinks over there.

Mate, that's a lot of money for 1 oldham game.

All the talk of £27 quid putting people off that's 9 pints in town on a Saturday night, its kack.

You are joking right Kyle?

Twenty bloody seven pounds is scandalous for any level of football, never mind third division.

In the not too distant past I was out of work and had to live on that sort of money.

It isn't a case of not being arsed going for many I suspect. I certainly know of a few that have posted on this thread who doubtlessly would go even if it was twenty quid to get in. There is a line to be drawn about what you are and are not willing to pay. I am also sure the extra seven quid isn't a problem for those few I have mentioned though the principle of paying such an extortionate amount is.

Added to the fact that for all you know, the game could be as dull as dishwater or even worse we could get battered into oblivion. Then it won't be £27 well spent.

For what it is worth, I am going to the game but only because I am in Leeds to see the good lady this weekend. I doubt I would have attended myself if that wasn't the case.

KtF,

Derek.

Completely disagree with you Kyle.

Take £27 just to get in.

Travel money over there.

Food/Drinks over there.

Mate, that's a lot of money for 1 oldham game.

But that’s just the price of things these days, its no use moaning at the cost of football and blaming Ken Bates.

I am not saying everybody should go obviously like I said people have different priorities and £27 could be £27,000 if you don’t have it in the first place.

My point is people are unrealistic as to how far the pound goes these days and as £27 for the game tomorrow I don’t think that’s unjust or unfair.

I paid £55 in 2002 to watch Arsenal at Highbury so six years on and admittedly two divisions lower it isn’t that bad.

You couldnt do anything for 105 minutes at a cost of £27 quid these days Ken bates isnt at fault for that!

Leeds fan here, only came on to check out what you guys were saying about the game then I come across "Spainboy" another idiot Leeds fan who gives us a bad name, what does he gain from coming on here and behaving like a knob? Anyway, should be a good game tomorrow.

But that’s just the price of things these days, its no use moaning at the cost of football and blaming Ken Bates.

I am not saying everybody should go obviously like I said people have different priorities and £27 could be £27,000 if you don’t have it in the first place.

My point is people are unrealistic as to how far the pound goes these days and as £27 for the game tomorrow I don’t think that’s unjust or unfair.

I paid £55 in 2002 to watch Arsenal at Highbury so six years on and admittedly two divisions lower it isn’t that bad.

You couldnt do anything for 105 minutes at a cost of £27 quid these days Ken bates isnt at fault for that!

Sorry Kyle, but that's just utter :censored:ing cod:censored:!

I'm not going. I can afford to go, trust me, no probs whatsoever, but £27 for 3rd division football is a JOKE, and until people start making a stand it'll just get worse.

I'm gutted I'm not going tomorrow, and I'm sure that anybody who knows me on here will tell you that it's not like me to miss an away game that is 1) so big and 2) so close, but I'm making a stand, cos it's a PISS-TAKE!

And taking you up on your other point about not being able to do anything for 105 mins for less that £27.................well how the :censored: was it that I (and plenty of others) managed it perfectly well against Millwall on Saturday for £18 or less and will do it again against the 'mighty white :censored:e' again at BP in March or whenever it is? Or do I have to pay an extra £9 for that game cos they're, like, you know 'massif'?!

On a final point, I could take the missus and nipper to the pics to watch a film, chuck in the popcorn and drinks for £27, so don't give me all that bollocks about it being good value for money and not being able to do anything for 105 mins for less than £27.

Edit: Mods - sorry for the language but this one just got on my tits.

Edited by danoafc

For what it is worth, I am going to the game but only because I am in Leeds to see the good lady this weekend. I doubt I would have attended myself if that wasn't the case.

"Hey Love, how d'ya fancy a lovely weekend away this weekend?"

"Oh, that would be nice, where are we going?"

"Errr... Leeds"

"Leeds??? That's a bid odd... how about the lake district or the coast? Why leeds?"

"Err, no reason, but I may have to nip out between 3 & 5"

:lol:

If people dont want to pay £27 for whatever reason then that's their perogative. Respect it. Nothing you say will change people's mind's and taking the higher than thou approach doesnt exactly help. For the record. There's plenty of things you can do for £27. It's an awful lot of money to spend on 90 minutes football without the extra's. Especially for those who dont have season tickets and have had to fork out for two games already this past four days. I can even understand those who can still afford to go who arent. I remember the days my dad used to get in for about £8 in the Paddock with the old memberships. That was only about 12 years ago. The price of football, for the 3rd division is absolutely shocking.

I'll be there tomorrow - not paying £27 though and only really going because my lift to chester for a party tomorrow night is going and I dont fancy arsing him about going backwards and forwards. Its (99% likely) I wont be there next week against Cheltenham. Simply because i've spent a fortune already this week on Latics games (Millwall, Dale and Leeds ticket). People have other priorities (especially those with families) or things they could be spending it on. For me, it's my mum's and nan's birthday next friday and saturday and i'd much rather spend the £40 I usually spend on Latics home games getting them something for that. Particularly my nan who doesnt have an awful lot - than for 90 minutes of football, which will always play second fiddle to family. Heck. I could even have just as an enjoyable day taking my little neice to the park for sweet f.a.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

"Hey Love, how d'ya fancy a lovely weekend away this weekend?"

"Oh, that would be nice, where are we going?"

"Errr... Leeds"

"Leeds??? That's a bid odd... how about the lake district or the coast? Why leeds?"

"Err, no reason, but I may have to nip out between 3 & 5"

:lol:

Only between 3 & 5 Big Fin?

Where's the beerage time there then?

:wink: .

KtF,

Derek.

If your on a kids price Rocky ... better have your passport doctored

Last season I was wandering around outside and used an away end ticket to get into the home end then got an immediate transfer to be in with our fans. No stewards on the inside of the turnstiles.

If you have a kiddies ticket Luke, just go in the home end and then plead stupidity with the stewards. It worked for me :wink: .

KtF,

Derek.

Edit: Just to add I did have an adult ticket not a kids one. My mistake was just plain hungover gormlessness.

Edited by DerekWilson_1968

£27 ... that's nearly a full years subscription to Latics world.

So those not going because, stick in a extra few bob and buy Latics world today!!!!

Totally agree with Dan that until people start making a stand and refuse to pay these prices nothing will change. Don't worry about the swearing Dan, funny thing is I :censored:ing can't on this forum :angry:

Saying that I'm going, but unlikely to get to anywhere as many home games this year so I have to watch the boys when I can.