Are you looking forward to a bLeating on saturday lads?

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH I think the £27 has put more than a few Latics fans off, if the comments on here are anything to go by.

As has been mentioned we have sold about 1000 but there maybe a few more now that we can pay on the day.

I'd take a draw now if it was offered but unfortunately its not being offered (tight Yorkshire gets). :grin:

It really is a joke. The club have just posted on our official website how the majority of tickets remaining for tomorrow are priced at £32, NO CONCESSIONS. Absolutely ridiculous in this division! Hopefully it'll be a good atmosphere regardless. Where are you lads drinking tomorrow then? The Drysalters or in town?

Oh and I just thought I'd point out...

Lancs - 231 all out

Yorks - 362-6

YORKSHIRE! YORKSHIRE! YORKSHIRE! :D

Kyle, if everyone else in League One was charging £27/£32 then we would be forced to accept that, yes, that is "the price of things these days".

But seeing as most other League One clubs charge £20/£22 (at most) then it patently isn't. (By the way, anyone know what it costs to get in to Leicester this season? Honestly don't know.)

If you want a real comparison, check out Leeds prices against those at Hull this season.

This isn't a dig at Leeds fans, by the way - I have every sympathy with you, being forced to pay that kind of money every week for 3rd division football (though if you do as well as hoped at least that'll soften the blow...).

I'm not going tomorrow, but if I'm honest it's as much because I've been often enough before and can't really be bothered with the risk of aggro from Leeds' less intelligent 'fans' these days as the price.

You beat us on the 1st January,which was the worst run all season. Poyet had left and Wise brought in Dave Bassett for that 6 week period. Every team that month had played better than us at that time and we were falling off the perch. It wasn't until McAllister came in 3 weeks later when the shape of the team picked up, even then he was playing with Dennis Wise's players until the end of the 07/08 season. Now we have a team that is 50% better than last season and probably 75% better than around the time you beat us. Time will only tell but I know where my money is going tomorrow.

Buying mint jelly lube!

Oldham are on immense form this season. You have lost only one game starting the pre season and Neil Eardley is on fire. Ok you only beat Rochdale who had also been beaten in the playoffs last year like Leeds but the quality of Eardley's goals (Against Crewe) have stirred up discussion not only in the championship but by premierleague fans too(check out the Sunday People and his £3m linkage to Blackburn).

You have now the best team in the league, you play passing football as opposed to Ronnie Moores hoofball and you are looking very good.

I cant wait for you to rip us apart tomorrow.

My verdict

Leeds United 4 Oldham 5 ( star striker Eardley will Get 5)

Thats better :grin:

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Speaking of defenders, how is Sean Gregan nowadays? Is he still eating them Pukka Pies at half time? He must be rattling on a bit now. What is he, 34, 35?

He's still got that touch of class, but does lack a little in pace department. A very good defender at this level.

Don't care what he eats, if he plays as he generally does he can eat as many chips as he can splash his vinegar on.

All the talk of £27 quid putting people off that’s 9 pints in town on a Saturday night, its kack.

People aint going because they have different priorities and in 2008 if you cant afford £27 quid for an afternoons entertainment then thats a problem.

No excuses they just cant be arsed going to Eland road.

£27 Quid on Saturday to see two of the best teams in the division in the biggest ground in front of the highest crowd and best atmosphere of the day is nothing to pay.

I don't know what people expect these days for £27 quid.

What a load of tosh! Its not just £27 though is ... youve got the cost of getting there, parking, getting something to eat/drink, and all that after a Tuesday game. £27 is a joke, and its the reason im not going ... id love to go but i aint paying £27 .. it was a choice between Dale and Leeds, and having gone to the game last year at Leeds i chose Dale.

He's still got that touch of class, but does lack a little in pace department. A very good defender at this level.

Don't care what he eats, if he plays as he generally does he can eat as many chips as he can splash his vinegar on.

I never had any complaints from his performance and did well for us although he got replaced by Kilgallon mid way through the season.

...he can eat as many chips as he can splash his vinegar on.

Is that a euphemism? :blink:

There are several on here who like to focus on Gregan's mistakes (like anyone else at this level he makes a few) but his domination in defence and distribution with the ball are absolutely key to us. Still, at 35, with not much pace, he's probably one of the best centre-halves in League One.

All the talk of £27 quid putting people off that’s 9 pints in town on a Saturday night, its kack.

People aint going because they have different priorities and in 2008 if you cant afford £27 quid for an afternoons entertainment then thats a problem.

No excuses they just cant be arsed going to Eland road.

£27 Quid on Saturday to see two of the best teams in the division in the biggest ground in front of the highest crowd and best atmosphere of the day is nothing to pay.

I don't know what people expect these days for £27 quid.

It would cost the three of us who normally go (me, me dad and me brother) £81 altogether, and that's just for the tickets. Then you've got the added expenses of parking and pints. So you could be talking upto £100 just to watch 3rd tier football. I think our money's better spent elsewhere to be honest...

Went down't road,

Cashed giro,

Went to pub got plastered,

Came back home,

Beat the wife,

I'M A YORKSHIRE BASTARD.

Go'T Pub

Drink ten pints

Geeeet com-plete-ly plas-tered

Go back 'ome and beat your wife

Ye' dirty Yorkshire B*stard

My favourite song on the booze buses last season (followed by 'Blue and Tangerine'). Not sure others would agree after 3 hours non stop of it from me and lloydy. :grin: