I'm with stupid

Following on from the Craig Davies debacle this week, it got me thinking of other moments of madness committed by Latics players in days of yore. I'll wager Darren Sheridan has a book full of them.

Anyone recall any notable ones?

I remember Paul Warhurst seeing red and snotting a Charlton player in a midweeker down at Selhurst Park.

Also, Wayne Andrews' last appearance in a Latics shirt... kicking a QPR player up the arse in a show of petulance after going a goal down in thye play-off semi. I can relate to that, I wanted to run on the pitch and kick someone then!

Following on from the Craig Davies debacle this week, it got me thinking of other moments of madness committed by Latics players in days of yore. I'll wager Darren Sheridan has a book full of them.

I remember Paul Warhurst seeing red and snotting a Charlton player in a midweeker down at Selhurst Park.

Also, Wayne Andrews' last appearance in a Latics shirt... kicking a QPR player up the arse in a show of petulance after going a goal down in thye play-off semi. I can relate to that, I wanted to run on the pitch and kick someone then!

I loved that one from Wayno (in hindsight). Born completely out of frustration that we all felt.

Wellens v Trannies - rush of blood.

KtF,

Derek.

I loved that one from Wayno (in hindsight). Born completely out of frustration that we all felt.

Wellens v Trannies - rush of blood.

KtF,

Derek.

I recall a certain Mr Shez Swearing like mad at the ref at Colchester away on a Tuesday night and then saying he was saying to someone else. I think we were 2-0 down at that point but certainly didn't help.

I think Shez should be sacked on the back of this forgetten card.

Shez Out.

Huddersfield away in the late 80s ... string of bad descisions by the linesman ... one of thier lot jumps over and chins the linesman ..... oh yeh we won as well ...... 0 2 I think

I remember that. I think it was 2-2 actually. Midweek game, and they went down that season.

The brawl at Colchester when Clint Hill was sent off then lamped Micky Stockwell. Then Clyde did the same to him and got away with it a few seconds after. No hang on, that was brilliant.

Little **** that Stockwell was.

The one down at Plymouth when a certain manager was sent off as well :lol:

The brawl at Colchester when Clint Hill was sent off then lamped Micky Stockwell. Then Clyde did the same to him and got away with it a few seconds after. No hang on, that was brilliant.

Little **** that Stockwell was.

The one down at Plymouth when a certain manager was sent off as well :lol:

Forgot about that one Aspin. Didn't Muzza get sent off in the same game?

Shez's was retaliation to Friios awful knee high chop though. Funniest part about it was Little Shez chasing Friio up the tunnel and trying to kick :censored: out of him while all the home fans were going mental.

KtF,

Derek.

Forgot about that one Aspin. Didn't Muzza get sent off in the same game?

Shez's was retaliation to Friios awful knee high chop though. Funniest part about it was Little Shez chasing Friio up the tunnel and trying to kick :censored: out of him while all the home fans were going mental.

KtF,

Derek.

Yeah Muzz went later on. Fun times down there with the 2-2 draw that game and the 2-2 after being 2-0 down the year before. They didn't like us at all that lot :grin:

Thinking of the current squad, when Allott was subbed at Blackburn a few years back then got involved in a scrap D Shez was involved in. Allott jumped off the bench, threw a punch and was red carded. If he'd laid out the one curly permed one who can't be named, Allott would never have had to leave Latics!

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

Jonny Hallworth playing in a testimonial with a broken hand. Didn't want to tell JR. how it happened :grin:

Andy Gorton firebombing pubs

JR and Soz throwing water at a photographer at Selhurst Park.

Simon Stainrod going down like a ton of bricks against Wednesday which prompted a riot :o

Doug Hodgson snotting a Palace player in the tunnel live on Sky :angry:

A kid pulling the original Chaddy's head off, I think against Middlesbrough, the woman inside the costume storming off up the tunnel. It was hilarious :grin:

Graeme Sharp telling the lino to F*** Off on his return to Goodison and getting red carded. The only passion he showed in 5 and a half years at the club.

Rick Holden pushing over Lee Dixon in his home debut after re-signing. Unfortunate to get red carded but a silly thing to do.

Alan Young's celebration infront of Frizzell after scoring for Leicester. Totally unnecessary :mad:

Tommy Wright's decision to join Leicester, a much bigger club :grin:

The whole team and manager for throwing the game against Shrewsbury in '87 which effectively cost us promotion. Linked to Andy Linighan's backpass against WBA from the same season. :disappointed::disappointed:

Derek Parker throwing his shirt at JR after being substituted at Ninian Park; end of Latics career

Ron Futcher breaking the Reading captain's cheekbone at Elm Park in '86. JR was years ahead of Wenger when he claimed "Not to have seen the incident." <_<

JR's oft "Moments of Madness" with money to spend :mad:

Brian Kilkline believing he was quicker than Earl Barrett, ending up playing full back against Sheffield United :shock:

Matthew's Tipton's goal celebrations and lunge at their centre-half against Hednesford, never mind mad...more pocessed :lol:

I can't remember which game but I recall a big barmy going off in front of the dugouts (away from home) and Davros getting up, I thought he was going to pull people apart but he grabbed one of the other lot by the shirt and drew his fist back about to chin him. Anyone?

Ron Futcher fighting with our physio against being taken off. Can't remember the game, but it was a bitter cold day and we were in a relegation dogfight - for a change. Later that season Wayne Harrison was sold to Liverpool

Darren Sheridans red card for a mad 2 footed lunge infront of the lookers. Cant remember who it was against though!

Cambridge

remember when Wayno got away with a kick out once against Plymouth our fans were slaughtering him all game but after that he went on a really good run of form that got us into the play-offs

Edited by Tommy_Fent

Darren Sheridans red card for a mad 2 footed lunge infront of the lookers. Cant remember who it was against though!

You'll have to do better than that - there were four in about two months weren't there?

What I could never work out was why he was so surprised when we let him go...

5 times in the same season it was

I remember one of the games was Cheltenham away in the fa cup he decided to pick on there striker who was about 9 foot tall julian something...... he was the biggest player on the pitch by far!!!