Family Area to be designated in Chaddy End

That seems like a good plan.

"Off you go kids, go and sit with Grandad Sideburns"

:lol: That really made me laugh out loud :D

Good move. Now everyone gets to choose the experience they want.

Now we just need a moaners section....or maybe its easier to set up a none moaners section (less people) :)

I thought that was the Main Stand? :grin:

its a good proactive move by the club,in response to the thread on here i would imagine......and also the complaints recieved from moaners in the rre....

there isnt any excuse now is there,like it says you can choose the experience you desire....

i do think it needs putting in the chron or the advertiser as well though,in time for the next home match,as not everyone has access to the website.

Think it's a good thing that the club have acted swiftly on this matter although must admit to being slightly surprised that they chose the chaddy end area rather than say section L in the R.R.E.

I was there Saturday in the R.R.E. - section T with my young lad and we both thought the atmosphere in there was quality. As we have season tickets in the R.R.E. i have no intention of moving to the chaddy end.

Do think the club should have sold season tickets in all areas of the R.R.E. to maybe have pre-empted this possible issue.

Just hope everyone doesnt start to moan about kids being in the R.R.E. because not everyone felt there were any problems with the standing or swearing and i dont wish to give up the atmosphere that we experienced on Saturday just because of problems that were going on right next to the Millwall fans.At the end of the day the kids have as much right as anyone to support latics anywhere in the ground.

I honestly feel the scenes on Saturday will not be repeated except maybe when Leeds,Huddersfield and maybe Leicester visit but then as we have now found out we will have to move to the small section in the r.r.e. anyway for Hudds,and probably Leeds and Leicester as well no doubt.

Edited by oldhamfan

Yeah, but he'll need to get Mrs Sideburns to switch the Uncle Joe's for a pack of Werthers.

He'll make out that he wants a seat up against the oppo fans, in with the singing crowd and the rough boys, but when someone accidentally gets him a seat in the quiet bit he'll grumble a bit but be glad deep down inside.

He'll make out that he wants a seat up against the oppo fans, in with the singing crowd and the rough boys, but when someone accidentally gets him a seat in the quiet bit he'll grumble a bit but be glad deep down inside.

Move? Weakness? You've Got What It Takes, but you're Paranoid, You Can't take The Truth and Keep The Circle Around, Dragging Me Down, sowing Seeds Of Doubt. So This Is How It Feels when Two Worlds Collide over a Song For A Family/Generations and I Find Out Why and How It Should Be Besides Me.

Come back Tomorrow!

The rarely wrong Chron is telling its readers that they are safe to come/return to BP:

Athletic’s home match against Cheltenham on Saturday will see the launch of a new family area at Boundary Park.

The old Broadway side of the ground used to be Athletic’s family stand, but a different block of seats has been designated after requests from fans.

Following the recent game with Millwall, there were complaints about abusive language and persistent standing in the Leesfield Developments Stand (Rochdale Road End).

And Athletic have now responded by creating an area for supporters with young children.

It is in the Detect All Chaddy End, nearest the Broadway side, and covers rows C to N, seats 122 to 151.

Any season-ticket holders who wish to transfer to these seats can do so by calling at the ticket office. Anyone wishing to move out of the family area should do the same.

It always has been the old grandads shouting and swearing at the game anyway..

Obviously I have no idea if this include Mr Sideburns.

You can't shout and swear when you're singing.

It's the young kids in front of me behind the goal who will not be allowed in the Family Area, because they swear too much!