Rubes and Gregan!

Was a bit gutted that he didnt drop Ruben for Stam but have to admitt he was back to his best today.

Gregan and Rubz were class, Witicker showed somethink which we missed last season.

Looks like playing taylor LB at Dale helped us. He was excellent going forward and helped defending all game. Excellent.

Also that defensive exercise we had at Dale helped and looked like the whole team knew how to hold off the so called best in the league.

Edited by BESASTIAN11

Delighted to get another clean sheet ... Millwall game can hopefully be put down to First Day Lunacy.

Aye, its clear that's all it was.

Jermaine 'he's gonna be an absolute star' Beckford was left kicking the ground in frustration. Both Gregan and Hazell were fantastic, especially when we all pretty much knew we would need them early doors and Leeds would attack us. They stood up to the test.

I mean, Hazell was having that much fun, he started shooting from the half-way line! :lol:

Both were excellent, and Gregan really put on a magnificent performance.

Only bad point, and I mean only, it did look a bit of a penalty to them when Gregan pulled the lad back..

I don't know. I thought Beckford went down looking for a penno. Ref made a brave decision, I've seen 'em given.

They were immense at the back today, Gregan in particularly. Mopped up quickly and if in doubt made sure it went high into that big :censored: off stand of theirs.

Only bad point, and I mean only, it did look a bit of a penalty to them when Gregan pulled the lad back..

The lad had a fistful of Gregans shirt well before that so if anything it should have been our free-kick.

The lad had a fistful of Gregans shirt well before that so if anything it should have been our free-kick.

yeah correct, Gregan was giving the lino an ear bashing for it. Beckford nearly had the shirt off his back. I was surprised the homer of a ref didnt give it but it wasnt a pen

I wouldn't have given it, if I'd been the ref. :)

From today's MEN:

While Taylor was the headline maker, Sean Gregan was the inspirational skipper at the heart of defence that protected goalkeeper Mark Crossley so well that he only had one save to make.

Leeds had shown Gregan the door and he insisted that he had nothing to prove on his return. It was hard to believe as he slammed it shut right in their faces with a display of such dominance it left the Elland Road boo-boys virtually dumbstruck.

Boss John Sheridan has put his head on the block by predicting a successful season but he purred: "It was an excellent team performance, we didn't have one who played poorly.

"And to keep a clean sheet against one of the division's biggest threats also showed we are on the right lines. If we keep doing that we will win more games than we will lose. It was a good day's work."

Was a bit gutted that he didnt drop Ruben for Stam but have to admitt he was back to his best today.

Gregan and Rubz were class, Witicker showed somethink which we missed last season.

Looks like playing taylor LB at Dale helped us. He was excellent going forward and helped defending all game. Excellent.

Also that defensive exercise we had at Dale helped and looked like the whole team knew how to hold off the so called best in the league.

WHY did you want him to be dropped at leeds!!!!???? because he played bad for the 1st time ever for us against millwall and maybe dale????

shows why shez is in charge and not you!!!! :grin:

Gregan was immense and had a very commanding game (Man of the Match for me), Hazell also had a great game and they kept Beckford and Showumni quiet all afternoon.

I would have been majorly disappointed if a penalty had been given for what was a very inocuous 50/50 challenge by Gregan on Showumni.

WHY did you want him to be dropped at leeds!!!!???? because he played bad for the 1st time ever for us against millwall and maybe dale????

shows why shez is in charge and not you!!!! :grin:

Shez said that if someone doesnt perform then they wont be playing the week later. Rubz didnt perform at dale or Milwall. Stam came on and did well. And he didnt change it. Stam must be wondering what he had to do to get his chance.

However i it was a tough decision as he obviously prefers hazel and wants to show his beleife in him rather than give stam a chance. Fortunatley he had a stormer at Leeds and will hopefully be over his blip.

Edited by BESASTIAN11

Shez said that if someone doesnt perform then they wont be playing the week later. Rubz didnt perform at dale or Milwall. Stam came on and did well. And he didnt change it. Stam must be wondering what he had to do to get his chance.

However i it was a tough decision as he obviously prefers hazel and wants to show his beleife in him rather than give stam a chance. Fortunatley he had a stormer at Leeds and will hopefully be over his blip.

This is frustrating me now. why did rubes have a bad game at dale!???

This is frustrating me now. why did rubes have a bad game at dale!???

He didn't have a bad game, he played a few backpasses slightly away from Crossley which panicked everyone because he scored an own goal the game before and then he was moved to right-back when he plays best as a centre-back.