How to win over your detractors

I'm not going to apologise in any way, shape or form for my previous comments about the performances of Chris Taylor and I will still stand by them should a consistent dip in form return.

Tonight though, I doff my hat to the lad; a decent start to the season capped today by his best performance since his debut and an absolutely wonderful individual goal to cap off his goal of the season contender of last week.

I have been very impressed by his aptitude and application and today he has taken great strides in making me change my mind.

Keep it up Chris, you were outstanding today though not MOM in my book - only a nine for you. Greegs took half a point extra.

Keep it up lad, it has been an impressive start and I am very pleased with the improvement.

KtF,

Derek.

have you ever stood up and abused him at a game? for you, did it help?

if no, do you think it would have helped if you did?

do you advocate personally abusing players aged -20, with 20 mins gone when were losing?

do you advocate personally abusing players aged -20, with 20 mins left when were losing?

feel free to ignore me if you so desire..

do you advocate personally abusing players aged -20, with 20 mins gone when were losing?

do you advocate personally abusing players aged -20, with 20 mins left when were losing?

wheres the 'WTF' are you going on about icon

It has been said many times on here that I don't slag players off at games - but like most you will ignore this and just think that I have it in for the lad. It is never what I have said - I just required an improvement to understand the hero worship that he gets.

Having said that, when I was praising the lad why feel the need to attempt to put a negative spin on it all?

KtF,

Derek.

No, fair play for those comments, Derek. You simply couldn't not comment positively, though, on his performance today.

However, Taylor does have to maintain the high levels of performances we've had so far this season (which I think he will). Then again, only a slight dip in form shouldn't also see your usual comments either. If that's the case, they'll be void because every player has a slight dip in every season, and I haven't seen another thread for a seperate player who isn't performing from you.

It has been said many times on here that I don't slag players off at games - but like most you will ignore this and just think that I have it in for the lad. It is never what I have said - I just required an improvement to understand the hero worship that he gets.

Having said that, when I was praising the lad why feel the need to attempt to put a negative spin on it all?

KtF,

Derek.

well i hope you will now give him a few more games grace, and maybe ask some nearby detractors to do the same. something along the lines of ' :censored: sake, hes not even got hairs on his chest and hes played up front, in the middle, in the hole, even smeggin left back. lets support him. and while were at it DEANO DEANO DEANO. PAUL BLACK IS OUR LEFT BACK LA LA LA. FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED THE WOLF AND HE WILL SCORE.'

lewis doesnt need it, make your own up for josh bell, chalmers and lomax

well i hope you will now give him a few more games grace, and maybe ask some nearby detractors to do the same. something along the lines of ' :censored: sake, hes not even got hairs on his chest and hes played up front, in the middle, in the hole, even smeggin left back. lets support him. and while were at it DEANO DEANO DEANO. PAUL BLACK IS OUR LEFT BACK LA LA LA. FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED THE WOLF AND HE WILL SCORE.'

lewis doesnt need it, make your own up for josh bell, chalmers and lomax

Wolfy isn't that good to be honest.

whats so bad about taylor done hardly nothing wrong scored 3 goals in 2 league games no need to slag him off wolfy is a good player not going to play again should go to rochdale or bury on loan to get experience

Piss off Derek some of your Taylor comments have really made you look a fool.

Not really.

The comments I have previously made about Taylor still stand firm with me should the same level of (under) performance re-occur. Tonight I have praised him and am told to piss off by a no mark internet warrior. I feel no need to hide my identity under a bushel.

You????

How does that work then?

KtF,

Derek.

I'm not going to apologise in any way, shape or form for my previous comments about the performances of Chris Taylor and I will still stand by them should a consistent dip in form return.

Tonight though, I doff my hat to the lad; a decent start to the season capped today by his best performance since his debut and an absolutely wonderful individual goal to cap off his goal of the season contender of last week.

I have been very impressed by his aptitude and application and today he has taken great strides in making me change my mind.

Keep it up Chris, you were outstanding today though not MOM in my book - only a nine for you. Greegs took half a point extra.

Keep it up lad, it has been an impressive start and I am very pleased with the improvement.

KtF,

Derek.

Piss off Derek, you no mark kayboard warrior

:laught16:

Seiously though, who are these dickheads on this board? You have been man enough to come on here and admit that Chris T is playing well and making you reconsider your opinion, yet these pricks can't help but have a go.

Piss off Derek some of your Taylor comments have really made you look a fool.

I think the bigger man is the one who publicly holds his hands up. He felt his comments were right at the time. Now he recognises Taylor has improved. He, like all of us, is entitled to express his opinion without abuse.

Having a stupid dig at each other really irritates me. It's passive aggression (how pc is that )!!!

Piss off Derek, you no mark kayboard warrior

:laught16:

Seiously though, who are these dickheads on this board? You have been man enough to come on here and admit that Chris T is playing well and making you reconsider your opinion, yet these pricks can't help but have a go.

The bit that makes me laugh is the line about previous comments 'I will still stand by them should a consistent dip in form return.'

A few years ago, I said the exact thing about Ronaldo - and if he suffers a dip in form then I will stand by those comments too! :grin:

you can only imagine how relieved he'll be when he reads this :unsure:

Edited by dfOAFC