Is this the real reason we beat leeds!

Sorry if it has been covered but Oldham played in a flourescent yellow strip yesterday - apart from the fact that it was hideous, it also meant that at times it looked as though they had 50 players on the pitch what with many stewards and every police officer at the ground wearing the same.

It was no excuse for the way Leeds played but given that some stewards are pitch side, I do not think the strip should be allowed.

:laught16::laught16: Edited by boboafc

more crap from the sheep

It wasn't the fact the colour was so bad - it was the clashing with police and stewards.

Fair enoug - fans wear replica shirts in the crowd - but the stewards were pitchside and several of them had the Day-glo tops on - it can't have helped the players

Thought they looked like a load of highway engineers and ground workers from the council. Got to pity the sad Oldham fans who will buy that :censored:e

Re: Oldham Strip - has anyone mentioned it yet?

Posted by: BarneyMcGrew (IP Logged)

Date: 17 August, 2008 10:29

It wasnt good but the fact that John Sheridan and Tommy Wright out-thought us again was evenm more disturbing.

I said when Wisey walked that these two could really do a job for us. They are very bright. I could see them back with us one day.

I think this is the reason why we beat them :grin:

:lol: :lol:

That's a brilliant excuse.

What a load of sh!t!

Hang on a minute did anyone see the manchester red socks play newcastle?

How many people had the exact same colour top on as the utd team? 74,000?

Point is fans wear replica kits, why is it that Leeds are just sore losers?

Imagine going to anfield and using the same excuse or the stadium of light? feck of leeds! That kit was fine for chelsea and sheff United FFS

Fergie blamed the grey kit for getting beaten by Southampton years ago - apparently the players could not see each other as the kit blended into the background. But they should have been able to clearly see the red and white striped shirts that scored 3 goals against them.

Excuses - that is all it is.

Fergie blamed the grey kit for getting beaten by Southampton years ago - apparently the players could not see each other as the kit blended into the background. But they should have been able to clearly see the red and white striped shirts that scored 3 goals against them.

i was thinking about that very match the other day. much to my shame i went to a match at old trafford, and what with the red seats, largely red hoardings, and all the boxfresh red replica shirts, the home team were quite difficult to pick out against the backdrop. i think its a poor excuse, if the leeds fans are so concerned about misleading players they should under no circumstances go to the game in white

this away kit of ours is growing on me

I voted for this kit in the poll as we had our best away record with that yellow kit under Dowie, it might have been the players, it might have been the management but being able to see team mates clearly with a split second look up must surely help the players?

Actually, forget it, when I posted that the .gif in my signature appeared and Wednesday are wearing a yellow away kit and as we all know they lost that game.

Edited by beag_teeets

I voted for this kit in the poll as we had our best away record with that yellow kit under Dowie, it might have been the players, it might have been the management but being able to see team mates clearly with a split second look up must surely help the players?

Actually, forget it, when I posted that the .gif in my signature appeared and Wednesday are wearing a yellow away kit and as we all know they lost that game.

dowies away record was with the burgendy strip, the yellow kit was the season after when we had no players.

pity you cant vote again :wink:

I was working in a Student bar in Salford at the time. When anyone came in wearing the grey shirt I just stood behind the bar and blanked them. When the inevitable "Are you serving?" question was asked I replied "Sorry mate, didn't see you there!"

Worked every time :grin:

I was working in a Student bar in Salford at the time. When anyone came in wearing the grey shirt I just stood behind the bar and blanked them. When the inevitable "Are you serving?" question was asked I replied "Sorry mate, didn't see you there!"

:lol:

:laught16:

Cruel but funny!

As you're on a roll, now is a ggod time to tell 'em your son of Taggart anecdote.

PMSL! Which student bar in Salford? I used to live in Salford and go to the Uni their. Bit of a dodgy place at times (and I was brought up in Derker!)