Ticket prices - the FA should be looking at this

I think it is a disgrace that lower league teams (Leeds for example) can charge £27 for a match. The point is that you cannot argue that you are getting value for money if it is more than for football in a higher division. If the Fa capped prices in each division and left the Premier league to do what they want then it would at least be fair. For Hull fans away at Blackburn on saturday it is £2 CHEAPER than what we paid on saturday (well I didn't no way I was paying that when I dont have a job).

It is illegal to offer an inferior product for more money than a superior one. Why shouldn't that apply in football?

If the FA / Uefa / The government said (for example, prices are just off the top of my head):

League 2: £15

League 1: £18

Championship: £25

Premiership: £30 (probably have to allow them to charge whatever as they are the top flight)

Who would argue? More people through the gate. Clubs would probably earn a bit more if they were kept reasonable, but covered costs.

I think it is a disgrace that lower league teams (Leeds for example) can charge £27 for a match. The point is that you cannot argue that you are getting value for money if it is more than for football in a higher division. If the Fa capped prices in each division and left the Premier league to do what they want then it would at least be fair. For Hull fans away at Blackburn on saturday it is £2 CHEAPER than what we paid on saturday (well I didn't no way I was paying that when I dont have a job).

It is illegal to offer an inferior product for more money than a superior one. Why shouldn't that apply in football?

If the FA / Uefa / The government said (for example, prices are just off the top of my head):

Premiership: £30 (probably have to allow them to charge whatever as they are the top flight)

Who would argue? More people through the gate. Clubs would probably earn a bit more if they were kept reasonable, but covered costs.

It's not illegal to offer an inferior product for more money than a superior one, it's illegal to price fix. At the end of the day, Leeds have 25,000 people including normally 1500 odd away fans who are willing to pay £27 quid. The only way to stop them doing this is for the fans (both Leeds and away fans) not to pay it.

I remeber our divisional peers blowing gaskets about our price increases not so long ago. Not exactly the same circumstances I know, but we've been on the receiving end of some abuse before now.

Slightly away from football ticket prices, me ticket for the Challenge Cup Final at Wembley final came over the weekend, £21. RL prices are starting to creep up n'all in general, however you could get a half season ticket watching Saints in their brilliant form for £96 - not bad value. On the day prices start at £17 for adult in the Super League - but it could be as little as £11 if we're playing Catalans or similar in the Challenge Cup.

Next seasons season ticket eary price is about £185, still not bad if you can get to most games to make it pay.

I remeber our divisional peers blowing gaskets about our price increases not so long ago. Not exactly the same circumstances I know, but we've been on the receiving end of some abuse before now.

Slightly away from football ticket prices, me ticket for the Challenge Cup Final at Wembley final came over the weekend, £21. RL prices are starting to creep up n'all in general, however you could get a half season ticket watching Saints in their brilliant form for £96 - not bad value. On the day prices start at £17 for adult in the Super League - but it could be as little as £11 if we're playing Catalans or similar in the Challenge Cup.

Next seasons season ticket eary price is about £185, still not bad if you can get to most games to make it pay.

£60 ST at Quins!!!!

Think Colchester for me not the CC ... getting rather bored of saints winning it every year :lol:

Its like everything in life - we have the power to do something but we don't.

If ALL latics fans boycotted Leeds on

Saturday they would be forced to reduce the prices.

But we don't and they know we wont so they charge what they like .

End of

The public don't realise what power we have because we are splintered and the powers that be work on that basis.

Edited by losesome

Its like everything in life - we have the power to do something but we don't.

If ALL latics fans boycotted Leeds on

Saturday they would be forced to reduce the prices.

But we don't and they know we wont so they charge what they like .

End of

The public don't realise what power we have because we are splintered and the powers that be work on that basis.

Likewise if everyone boycotted Sky Sports the whole structure of English football finance would change.

But they won't.

End of.

Those planning to go to the Walkers Stadium, Leicester may be interested to see what Tranmore are being charged on Saturday:

Adults £23

Over 60 - £21 :angry:

Under 22 & Students - £15

Under 16 - £10

Under 12 - £5

Under 8 - £3

Yeah, that over 60 price is a bit steep.

I think you'll find that unfortunately the real moaners are not put off by price.

I wasnt happy bout the price on Saturday, but like 1200 others I paid it, along with £13 for a 5 year old. Think the point leeds are missing is, if the price would have been £21, we would gave probably took 3000. 500 of them would have bought a programme, 600 additional pint may have been sold, 200 extra burgers etc etc. They went for the silly amount of £27 instead, very foolish IMO.

Likewise if everyone boycotted Sky Sports the whole structure of English football finance would change.

But they won't.

End of.

Exactermonde, just look at Liverpool and their Boycott of the Sun. They made Carlsberg pull a promotion with the Sun but there is absolutely no problem with them getting Sky.

I wasnt happy bout the price on Saturday, but like 1200 others I paid it, along with £13 for a 5 year old. Think the point leeds are missing is, if the price would have been £21, we would gave probably took 3000. 500 of them would have bought a programme, 600 additional pint may have been sold, 200 extra burgers etc etc. They went for the silly amount of £27 instead, very foolish IMO.

I dont think its foolish. I think there is a strategy behind it. They have 24,000 fans paying upward of £27. If they have 3000 away fans they will have to pay for the extra policing. They also dont have as many away fans making noise and can stick em in the corner. They can afford not to worry about the away fans.

I dont think its foolish. I think there is a strategy behind it. They have 24,000 fans paying upward of £27. If they have 3000 away fans they will have to pay for the extra policing. They also dont have as many away fans making noise and can stick em in the corner. They can afford not to worry about the away fans.

I think it was more to do with lets hope oldham bring 3000 @ £27

Somebody has mentioned this but ticket prices in the lower leagues have to be high as it’s obviously the main source of income along with player sales.

Its not the clubs at fault it’s the whole structure regarding the distribution of wealth in the English game.

The likes of us cant lower prices as we don’t get nowhere near enough income from Television & merchandising etc and we haven’t got the ground yet to gain income on non match days through conferencing and other facilities.

I don’t know what people expect league clubs to do with their ticket prices they have to cover costs and generate some income to keep the club going. :blink:

I would pay £50 a game to watch us if it meant us getting into the top flight and getting our share of the wealth of the premier league.

Your argument to the FA should be that the wealth of the premier and TV rights isn’t distributed equally or fairly and the wealthiest of clubs should do more for the English League system & football at Grass roots.

It's a shame that we can't simply charge Leeds fans £27 to come to Boundary Park, unless we also put up prices for home supporters.

At the end of the day, if 20,000 Yorkshiremen are going to pay £27 a game (at the turnstile, or whatever the season ticket price averages out at), then a boycott by a few hundred Lancastrians demanding a £7 price cut is not going to make one bit of difference to the pricing policy at Elland Road.

I find it more disgusting that Burnley want to charge my son £15 on the night for a League Cup ticket. I know I could buy the ticket in advance, but I want to be able to make the choice on heading for Turf Moor on the day and can't be arsed getting down to Boundary Park to buy ahead of the game.

As such, I've made the decision, I ain't going and football loses the income. Won't change any club's policy on pricing but will make me better off.