Colchester express

Markoasis

Plans are bing finalised for the second trip of the year. With Colchester being another of those new grounds built miles away from the town and more importantly miles away from the pub, we will probally being looking to arrive around 12.30pm and spend a few hours in town before getting cabs to the ground.

I'll will be posting which train we will be catching on the day soon, but don't think it will make much diff booking in advance. Anyone know if 4/2 are available???

Plans are bing finalised for the second trip of the year. With Colchester being another of those new grounds built miles away from the town and more importantly miles away from the pub, we will probally being looking to arrive around 12.30pm and spend a few hours in town before getting cabs to the ground.

I'll will be posting which train we will be catching on the day soon, but don't think it will make much diff booking in advance. Anyone know if 4/2 are available???

Suggest we aim for the 12:00 train that gets us in at 12:49.

Could be mistaken, but doesn't that 4 for 2 offer only apply to Southern Trains? Think the London to Colchester line is East Anglia Trains or summit.

We've been in the following pub before, which could be used as a starting point:

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/11588/

The scene of many OASIS Pool and Darts competitions.............

Meeting at Hamilton Hall on the Concourse at 11:30 to get the 12noon train from Liverpool Street.

4/2 tickets are available which we will sort before we travel.

Anyone interesting in traveling with us please let me know so we can make up fours.

Mark

We've been in the following pub before, which could be used as a starting point:

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/11588/

The scene of many OASIS Pool and Darts competitions.............

Colchester United on footballgoundguide.com:

"David Prior adds if you are arriving at Colchester Station then there are a few pubs within a five minute walk. Directly opposite Bruff Close (where the shuttle bus runs from) is the Bricklayers, a smallish pub with two bars. However, it is believed that this pub will be closed on matchdays. "

I suppose it isn't far to figure out if it's open or not.

Colchester United on footballgoundguide.com:

"David Prior adds if you are arriving at Colchester Station then there are a few pubs within a five minute walk. Directly opposite Bruff Close (where the shuttle bus runs from) is the Bricklayers, a smallish pub with two bars. However, it is believed that this pub will be closed on matchdays. "

I suppose it isn't far to figure out if it's open or not.

I'm in. Are we getting tickets in advance or seeing if we can board the bus anyway?

Probally get cabs or a big mini bus thingy from the pub!!

I reckon we do a pinsa movement on the bus. I'll go round the drivers side, two can go on the entrance side. Between the three of us we can distract him for long enough!!!!!

Yes I am having a very very boring day. Woke up this morning thinking it was football day only to be disappointed that it was work day

hello there

i am going to be travelling from london for this one. will aim for the 12 train and keep an eye out for some latics fans on there. i may have met one or two of you in an irish pub after the brentford game about 18 months ago...

looking forward to it!

joe

I've just spoken with Col U ticket office and they have told me we can use the free shuttle bus without a ticket!! Happy days. :grin:

See you all on Saturday!

I love the fact you still believe we are all still organised enough to catch a free shuttle bus to the ground :oasissign1:

Gramps I'll PM you my number

I love the fact you still believe we are all still organised enough to catch a free shuttle bus to the ground :oasissign1:

He's young enough not to have had the hope drained from him yet Mark, he'll learn.

PS, I have failed to get a better offer so I guess I'll have to go to the footy instead. See you all at Liverpool Street.

He's young enough not to have had the hope drained from him yet Mark, he'll learn.

PS, I have failed to get a better offer so I guess I'll have to go to the footy instead. See you all at Liverpool Street.

What could be better than an afternoon out in an lovely Castle town in Essex.

Gramps if you look at JoeP's post further up in has put a link to the pub we will be in.

Gramps if you look at JoeP's post further up in has put a link to the pub we will be in.

I'm sober and at work. There I am incredibly organised. By Sat 2 o clock, having sunk a few swifties on the train, and a few beers in Colchester, I know I'll end up in a cab

One day your Dad will sit you down and have a long chat with you :wink:

I'm sober and at work. There I am incredibly organised. By Sat 2 o clock, having sunk a few swifties on the train, and a few beers in Colchester, I know I'll end up in a cab

And Eastbourne for the afterparty, anyone?

• 2 weeks later...