England

Awful from start to finish....

2-2 masks how bad we was....

Couldn't agree more when will England learn that you can't play 3.5 central midfielders (Beckham is the 0.5) at top quality international level. Speaking of Beckham i've seen better dead balls on the local park on a Sunday and he doesn't do a lot else so why is he in the team?

Plus when was the last time you saw a mexican wave at a proper league game think England need to seriously look at getting proper football fans in for games. I'm not talking just about corporate ones but the ones who usually just watch whoever on the box who then don't sit in the corporate section. Think they could do something like rugby and give the tickets to the clubs as opposed to some of the crappy half arsed fans they get but then again they chose Wembley because it made them the most money and getting proper fans in will cost them.

Its good to see Brian Barwick has finally 'lost' his job but I wonder what sort of payout he's going to get.

Speaking of Beckham i've seen better dead balls on the local park on a Sunday and he doesn't do a lot else so why is he in the team?

Because he can still take a corner.

Anyway, My questions...

1. Why, after about 60 games of it not really working, do we have a supposedly ruthless manager still trying to play Gerrard and Lampard together?

2. Why do we still have no shape to a team?

3. Why do our full backs never overlap wingers to stretch defences?

4. Why do we have a team that is man-for-man technically superior in quality to just about every country bar 2 or 3 yet is nearly always second to the ball to whoever we play?

5. Wes Brown? Why?

6. Why, when playing for Chelsea does John Terry barge every tvvat out of his way to head the ball home, yet in the last minute of an England match does he mince about with a lame leg forward in a feeble attempt to force the ball home. The racist c*nt.

7. Why do we never look like winning?

8. Why when defending a free kick with THREE opposition players on one end of our wall, does the keeper not think that the ball could be heading into that side of the goal?

9. Why, after vowing not to watch another England performance quite a few games ago, did I sit through the fúcking highlights on ITV?

10. Why don't we actually try dropping our overpaid lazy :censored:ing excuse for players for some really hardworking, but less paid players who will actually get stuck into the opposition more even if it is a friendly. You know, what with them being more hungry to wear the shirt rather than being paranoid that they'll get injured or something?

11. How can a player who couldn't buy a goal for Portsmouth, be allowed a whole quarter of the penalty area to turn his marker (who coincidentally, had he been playing for Chelsea would have absolutely nailed him) and rifle home a goal?

12. When exactly did it really all go wrong for England? Was it after the 1990 World Cup?

It just seems to me that no matter who the manager is whether its Ericsson, McClaren or Capello that 2 things seem to remain constant.

1. The results are consistently below what everyone expects.

2. The teams performances are consistently below what everyone expects.

We are constantly told that we have world class players (Gerrard, Rooney, Terry, Lampard) but regardless of who the manager is it's the same level of under achievement.

Barwick is now going and to me the fact that he presided over the appointment of 'Dutchman' Steve McClaren as England manager is reason enough for him to be going.

I was there* and I think I have to rethink my regular visits to Wembley to watch that shower. What on earth led me down the road of thinking going to England friendlies was a somehow fruitful pursuit? I am glad I have finally got a grip - no more! I might still do the Kazakhstan game but after that one methinks I'd be better off spending my money elsewhere - sod the FA, sod Wembley (that much money and the facilities for the 'common' fan are pure toss), sod the players, sod 'em all.

* - and no, I didnt stand for the Mexican wave.

Simply put. We can't pass. We don't teach kids how to pass and until we do we'll be :censored:.

Well that doesn't stack up for a start. Every one of those players doesn't have a problem with passing when playing for their repsective club teams. The way I see it is they can't pass because their heart isn't in playing for England in a friendly.

Well that doesn't stack up for a start. Every one of those players doesn't have a problem with passing when playing for their repsective club teams. The way I see it is they can't pass because their heart isn't in playing for England in a friendly.

Not too sure they can there*. It just goes unnoticed as the game is so quick at that level.

The Czech's passed us off the park. The Croatians passed us off the park. The Brazilians passed us off the park. The Portugese passed us off the park. Time and again we go out of competitions as teams are technically gifted and we aren't. We either do something to remedy this or we concentrate on what we are good at and get Jack Charlton in charge instead of an Italian tactician.

Our problems aren't going to be solved soon. This is something that requires input at infant school level. Now it is too late. I'd be amazed if we won anything in the next twenty to thirty years.

*I'm not on about Beckham, Joe Cole. But the players that aren't marked as the opposition knows at the first opportunity they will leather it into their possession (Brown, Terry, Cole, Gerrard (bar the odd blinding ball), Defoe, etc.).

I also wouldn’t get excited about Barwick moving on... Another arsehole will step up to that plate and continue to accomplish about as much as all the other idiots that have held that position....

As a team England are poor. Even as individuals the players are poor. The likes of Gerrard, Lampard, Ferdinand, Terry and Cole are not world class players. World class means you can performance at the highest level and these guys can’t. Yeah wonderful they play well for their clubs. But clubs football is totally different than international football. You don’t enjoy sitting in the changing rooms with a host of international stars handpicked to complement each other. That’s why international football is the highest level of football.

Our fifa rankings put us 14th... I think 14th flatters us.. Being 14th in the world ranking puts us at the bottom of the pile of the 1st rate football nations.... Where pritty much a second rate nation with the likes of Scotland improving year on year....

World football has changed....where still playing the game like it is the 1980's... Both at youth level and at club level... I mean seriously how many English players are stars because the technical ability and not because they have the ability to go running hell for leather and then smack a 30 year smasher.....? Only one player I can think of is David Beckham, a true world class player (well he was anyway)..and to some extent Paul Scholes... The rest are just fitter and faster versions of their 80's counterparts and they are playing in a fast league that compliments them. Take them out of that league and they don’t look so special.... And to answer a comeback before it comes... Well why do they play well at the European cup level.... Comes back to that hand picked sqaud... You can cover someone’s weakness more easily at club level than you can at international level...

I can only see us getting worse in years to come.... Kids sit at home looking at these premiership stars... The go wow, I want to be able to do that.... But then go to school or to play for there local side and there is some yonner there telling them to play it long.... Get rid of it quick... Fast fast fast..... They are never told to retain posession.... To take their time.... etc etc..

Edited by oafc0000

I also wouldn’t get excited about Barwick moving on... Another arsehole will step up to that plate and continue to accomplish about as much as all the other idiots that have held that position....

As a team England are poor. Even as individuals the players are poor. The likes of Gerrard, Lampard, Ferdinand, Terry and Cole are not world class players. World class means you can performance at the highest level and these guys can’t. Yeah wonderful they play well for their clubs. But clubs football is totally different than international football. You don’t enjoy sitting in the changing rooms with a host of international stars handpicked to complement each other. That’s why international football is the highest level of football.

Our fifa rankings put us 14th... I think 14th flatters us.. Being 14th in the world ranking puts us at the bottom of the pile of the 1st rate football nations.... Where pritty much a second rate nation with the likes of Scotland improving year on year....

World football has changed....where still playing the game like it is the 1980's... Both at youth level and at club level... I mean seriously how many English players are stars because the technical ability and not because they have the ability to go running hell for leather and then smack a 30 year smasher.....? Only one player I can think of is David Beckham, a true world class player (well he was anyway)..and to some extent Paul Scholes... The rest are just fitter and faster versions of their 80's counterparts and they are playing in a fast league that compliments them. Take them out of that league and they don’t look so special.... And to answer a comeback before it comes... Well why do they play well at the European cup level.... Comes back to that hand picked sqaud... You can cover someone’s weakness more easily at club level than you can at international level...

I can only see us getting worse in years to come.... Kids sit at home looking at these premiership stars... The go wow, I want to be able to do that.... But then go to school or to play for there local side and there is some yonner there telling them to play it long.... Get rid of it quick... Fast fast fast..... They are never told to retain posession.... To take their time.... etc etc..

:applause1:

I didnt even know England were playing last night.....I was playing at Royton and Crompton, well, watching the ball repeatedly hoofed over my head whilst people berate me for not tearing around the pitch like a headless chicken!

Typical of English grassroots.....and part of the reason I kid myself im not bothered when England lose.

can some explain why calamity james is still the England football teams first choice keeper. So called for his uncanny ability to play faultlessly for 89 minutes of a match and have a 1 minute nightmare sometime during the second half where will make a series of schoolboy errors which may or may not loose his side the game.,are there not any good goalies in england bar crossley

Edited by boboafc

can some explain why calamity james is still being picked? are there no good goalies in england anymore ?

David James is an excellent goalkeeper....its selective memory which brings his reputation. Robinson should never have ousted him in my opinion. I reckon James will be England number 1 until Ben Foster takes over from Van Der Sar.

Am not watching it then. Its only a friendly thanks anyway.

The problem is Setanta have got all the friendlies and home qualifiers, and FA cup games to that matter. At £12.99 a month it becoming just as expensive to sit at home than to go to the game. :angry:

On to the game, can't really add anything to whats already been said, utter gash we had 11 blokes running about like headless chickens, capello did not have a clue, and i was initially pleased with his appointment. I do think James is our No 1 though.

The problem is Setanta have got all the friendlies and home qualifiers, and FA cup games to that matter. At £12.99 a month it becoming just as expensive to sit at home than to go to the game. :angry:

On to the game, can't really add anything to whats already been said, utter gash we had 11 blokes running about like headless chickens, capello did not have a clue, and i was initially pleased with his appointment. I do think James is our No 1 though.

James is defo the best England keeper....and that kind of sums it all up really.....

As for Setanta...I didnt realise they had won the England games...at first I was annoyed but there a few sites that stream it for free so watched the game last night on one of them. Im glad they have the games. Will make it less likely I will wasted my time watching the plonkers....

Had enough of international football....perfectic....

Edited by oafc0000

I'd also advise anyone thinking of getting Setanta to have a good long think about it first - they are real cowboys. I am currently struggling to stop my subscription - they refuse to do this over the phone, you have to send them letters which are then ignored, you ring up and are told lies, I got a letter today thanking me for deciding to stay with them! My last contact had been a letter last week demanding they stop charging me and suggesting they were thieves. Over the next couple of days I expect to be charged once again - 3 months and running now. I will get my money back though - even if it means paying out more on legal fees, they're thieving gits and arent going to have my money.

Another lesson I have learned - never set up regular payments on your credit cards, dodgy merchants like this can keep on charging you ad infinitum. I'm going to have to get shot of the credit card, it's the only way I can stop these thieves from taking my money every month. It's amazing the powers that be let them get away with it. Ahh, the good old FA - they obviously pick their partners with care

I'd also advise anyone thinking of getting Setanta to have a good long think about it first - they are real cowboys. I am currently struggling to stop my subscription - they refuse to do this over the phone, you have to send them letters which are then ignored, you ring up and are told lies, I got a letter today thanking me for deciding to stay with them! My last contact had been a letter last week demanding they stop charging me and suggesting they were thieves. Over the next couple of days I expect to be charged once again - 3 months and running now. I will get my money back though - even if it means paying out more on legal fees, they're thieving gits and arent going to have my money.

Another lesson I have learned - never set up regular payments on your credit cards, dodgy merchants like this can keep on charging you ad infinitum. I'm going to have to get shot of the credit card, it's the only way I can stop these thieves from taking my money every month. It's amazing the powers that be let them get away with it. Ahh, the good old FA - they obviously pick their partners with care

If you paying with your credit card you should have the full weight of your credit cards legal team on your side ?? Contact them and thell them they keep taking money they have no right to!!!

Edited by oafc0000

1. The results are consistently below what everyone expects.

2. The teams performances are consistently below what everyone expects.

There's really only one logical conclusion to that.

Everyone's expectations are too high.

You'd think those expectations might have been tempered somewhat by us not qualifying for Euro 2008...

There's really only one logical conclusion to that.

Everyone's expectations are too high.

You'd think those expectations might have been tempered somewhat by us not qualifying for Euro 2008...

You'd think so wouldn't you but strangely when they are due to play everyone seems to be overcome with a wave of optimism that this time we can do it we can finally prove to everyone how good we really are.

Truth is that is exactly what we are doing.

For me we have produced 2 outstanding displays in the last 12 years, those being our 4-1 defeat of Holland in Euro 96 and the 5-1 win in Germany a few years ago.

The rest has been mainly very poor performances and very poor results.