quote by scholes

scholes

Scholes still has plenty of life in his legs too, although he knows Sir Alex Ferguson will have no hesitation telling the Salford-born star when his time is up.

"I am 34 in November and hope to still be playing when I am 35," he said.

Anything after that will be a bonus. As long as I still feel I am contributing to United, I will carry on"

hang on scholes you said you wanted to play for us after you leave manure? now you want to stay???? Edited by boboafc

I love to see this quote from Scholes about playing for Oldham, the only one i've seen is from Sir Alex saying that Oldham is the only club Scholes would leave Utd for.

This is the quote which gives us hope:

"I have one year left on my contract and hopefully I'll get another one, but I suppose it all depends on how you're feeling and how you're playing. At the moment I just think two years would be about right. It's difficult to say what I'll do. I'll just have to see when the time comes whether I want to carry on playing somewhere else at a lower level. I don't look that far ahead. I'll see how my legs are at the start of the season. At the moment, I feel OK."

Scholes has always kept his cards close to his chest, so I dont read too much in to this. Personally I'd say that if we were to go up this year that he'd definitely consider dropping down to the Championship to play for us.

Though the question is, would Shez want him?

He made reference in a recent interview of probably playing at a lower level just so he can continue playing football, which he loves................

.................however, he didn't state that Oldham was that club so there is a lot of assumption that he's coming to us

My feeling is that he may go to the likes of Sunderland if they get relegated because of Keane

.................however, you should never say never

We'll win promotion this season, consolidate in Division 2 next season and then sign Scholes. He will score 15 goals during the season which we will end with promotion to Division 1 and Scholes scoring a penalty at the Chaddy, 5 mins into injury time, to win 3-2 and the Championship, against Sheffield Wednesday.

Odds anyone?

My feeling is that he may go to the likes of Sunderland if they get relegated because of Keane

Can't see him going to a club outside the north-west,as people have said in previous threads on this he won't want to move his family.

He has also been quoted as saying, when he stops playing, he will probably be going to United to watch them.

As well as watching his beloved blues,lets face it how often do they play at the same time as us?

If Oldham fans start misquoting him and getting upset when it appears that what was only ever a long shot might not happen, can anyone really blame him if he decides to see out his playing days at the club he has served his entire career?

I still think there's an outside chance he could come to us for a season, but I've always thought it more likely he'd be able to finish at the top, with United. I also think he'll have a coaching role with United when he finishes.

We should just drop the Scholes idea. If it does happen then great. But i wouldn't get your hopes up. Concentrate on the present moment and the players we have now. If Scholes comes then we'll deal with it then. He's never said "When i leave United i will play for Oldham" or anything of the sort. It hink we're putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5