I think some are a little too giddy at being close to the away fans at home, it looks to me that the majority of the MC have moved from the Chaddy to that area.

I moved from that I section towards the other side and enjoyed the game (that fact there's more leg room higher up for a start) and that area was seemed alot fuller than it was against Millwall (we'll have to wait for the pictures to really tell).

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some are a little too giddy at being close to the away fans at home, it looks to me that the majority of the MC have moved from the Chaddy to that area.

I moved from that I section towards the other side and enjoyed the game (that fact there's more leg room higher up for a start) and that area was seemed alot fuller than it was against Millwall (we'll have to wait for the pictures to really tell).

Seems a plan then. Now if only I didn't have to work for the next home game... bloody students (moving in)

i honestly think the club has missed a trick here with regards a singing section....

i remember last season having a few vociferous conversations with mr sideburns regarding getting a singing section together....and that at the time the club should be made aware that certain fans want an area where they can sing and dance and create an atmosphere akin to away matches......i remember a lot of people being up for it and even suggested that people got together and organised where they were going to sit,and to try and get all the singers in one section....but it never happened and people are spread out and you have some who will sing and those who wont,those who enjoy it and those who moan about it....

we have all seen what fan power can do with the club and the owners,recently the implementation of the family section being sorted in the chaddy.....

i think if a few like minded people who have connections inside the club could get together and come up with something,then it would enhance everybodys match day experience...

at the end of the day the club dont want things going sour off the pitch with the emergence happaning on it do they.

The atmosphere in the Chaddy was decent against Millwall, although i'm pretty sure they've put the new family area right where the main block of singers used to congregate and stand, today that block was sat down all game (without warning), something which hasn't happened in the two seasons i've been in their, mustered up some half decent chants at times but that's only because we were cruising think its going to be quite quiet in their in the coming games, although the noise coming from the RRE this week was much better than against Millwall from what i heard.

Must be the drum eh? right thats it from me about the drum. You all know my thoughts on that matter!

Exactly... isnt worth it... we won 4-0 and I wished I hadnt bothered... Time for a change....

There are plenty of places in BP where the stewards dont bother us fans.... I sit in the middle of the chaddy and am able to stand, swear etc etc. If it really bothers you that much just move seats away from the jobsworths

The way the mighty ones are playing at the moment why would you want to miss it! Anyway it doesnt matter we have hundreds of fans coming out the woodwork soon to take you place

Well l expected the crowd to be a bit lower with Milwall, a mid week game at Dale and an expensive game at Leeds. Plus the fact we where against Cheltenham. Now am wondering what we will get against MK Dons in a few weeks

Should be a cracker against the Dongs the way both sides have started. Alas I wont be here

Edited by Lags

i think if more people are feeling alienated by stewards and not going to bp because of it,then the club needs to be made aware of the situation.... and maybe a meeting with the head steward,alan hardy and maybe a fans reprasentative,to explain what is and isnt allowed,and to explain that by being too heavy handed there spoiling peoples enjoyment....im pretty sure if the club thought it was going to lose vital pay on the day money because of this,they would be horrified....

Having just spoken to Wardlelatic, as a member of owtb.co.uk staff and a member of the trust he his more than happy to approach AH regarding this issue if our members want him to (he does appoligise for now being able to get online himself)

What he as asked is that before he approaches AH he would like to know exactly what the fans want at BP reg.arding stewards, sections etc.

In terms of the original subject, you have to remember its still summer holidays for a lot and with it being bank holiday a lot of people will have gone away this weekend. I think we need to see what the crowds are like in september

I know for a few of us exiles the whole west line is down this weekend .... no realistic chance of me getting up for todays game.

Im on the back row of the section closest to the away fans and love my seat. Great view of the game and being on the back row I can stand up. I wouldn't say I'm one of the nobs who spend all match standing up and obstructing peoples views though. Anyway I think the stewards and the fans are at loggerheads which is only going to get worse week after week. The fans always win.

Why did the drum get removed? :disappointed:

Guest oa_exile
Beat Burnley on Tuesday and get a good draw in the next round, and the stay-at-homes might start to return to BP.

It will take more than that D_S :shock: see you covered you aris though

Beat Burnley on Tuesday and get a good draw in the next round, and the stay-at-homes might start to return to BP.

Didnt go today as i am Away.

I am sure the crowds being low are down to people being on holidays and the kids being off etc too much money to spend on football blah blah blah......

Although I cant bring myself to stop going to home games i must admit i am regretting getting a season ticket,

I simply dont enjoy the match day experience at Boundary park anymore.

I hope with things going right on the pitch crowds flock back and the stewards become more relaxed and we get some atmosphere going!!!

Anyway WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!!!!!!

Which bit of the 2 wins isn't enjoyable?

I know I am past it but I turn up, watch the game, get wet if it rains, get blinded if it is sunny, have a sing song, see a few people feel great when we win, feel bad when we lose.

What more is there?

The season prior promotion to the old 1st Division (the good cup runs season) only saw the fans pack in after a good few rounds of the cups. Even thou the blues were playing some great stuff from the off in front of 4000 odds.

Didnt go today as i am Away.

I am sure the crowds being low are down to people being on holidays and the kids being off etc too much money to spend on football blah blah blah......

Although I cant bring myself to stop going to home games i must admit i am regretting getting a season ticket,

I hope with things going right on the pitch crowds flock back and the stewards become more relaxed and we get some atmosphere going!!!

Anyway WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!!!!!!

The bigger the crowds the more relaxed seem the stewards. This is purely cos the same amount have to steward more heads! simple really. How many camera flashes do you see at OT? cos its illegal there as well!!! I also remember the council threatening to shut down the North Stand if the standing carried on.

True, but their wasn't that many of us then.

To be frank though I did reach a stage were I was sick of not being able to see most of the game because of the pratts in front of me standing up watching the Millwall fans.

I know a lot of my rant is down to the fact that laws do not allow me to watch the game how I want to watch the game anymore. The stewards do not help my frustration though

I agree there were about 10 pratts in front of us today(RRE left hand section). Standing up all the time shouting obscenities at the Cheltenham fans(wow), pissed up, arrived late, left 1st half early(missed hughies 1st goal) arrived back late.Not interested in football. We moved across to right no problems, still good atmosphere, but everyone was there supporting the team and watching the game.The stewards didn't apprehend the pratts concerned which they should have done if they are applying the rules consistently.As we all know 95% of the trouble in grounds home and away is caused by stewards.Get rid of stewards and the pratts, then we can all have a good time and enjoy supporting latics.

Which bit of the 2 wins isn't enjoyable?

I know I am past it but I turn up, watch the game, get wet if it rains, get blinded if it is sunny, have a sing song, see a few people feel great when we win, feel bad when we lose.

What more is there?

I am the same I just think i over do the live football thing and have lost that feeling of excitement in doing something special.

Hopefully this run will last and we might have a change of teams and division at long last.

My main negatives at the moment are:

1.The surroundings!

2.The Atmosphere or lack of.

3.The facilities (Bars poo, leg room sh!t,Seats and area grubby, food rank, turnstiles that EVERYBODY falls out of when you finally push yourself through! In RRE, not just us gravitationally challenged folk lol)

3.The PC brigade (Stewards and w@nkers that pretend to be fans but would stab you in the back in an instant)

Apart from that all is well!!! lol