3.The facilities (Bars poo, leg room sh!t,Seats and area grubby, food rank, turnstiles that EVERYBODY falls out of when you finally push yourself through! In RRE, not just us gravitationally challenged folk lol)

Aye, the leg room is crap and after sitting in a pretty empty area of the Lookers it is gash being crammed in the RRE.

As for the turnstiles, I thought it was just my fat gut that caused problems, I am much happier knowing I am not the only one.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am the same I just think i over do the live football thing and have lost that feeling of excitement in doing something special.

Hopefully this run will last and we might have a change of teams and division at long last.

My main negatives at the moment are:

1.The surroundings!

2.The Atmosphere or lack of.

3.The facilities (Bars poo, leg room sh!t,Seats and area grubby, food rank, turnstiles that EVERYBODY falls out of when you finally push yourself through! In RRE, not just us gravitationally challenged folk lol)

3.The PC brigade (Stewards and w@nkers that pretend to be fans but would stab you in the back in an instant)

Apart from that all is well!!! lol

Kyle - someone on here a couple of weeks ago recommended the cottage pies and I had my first today. you've got to go for it mate. they are sublime!

I am the same I just think i over do the live football thing and have lost that feeling of excitement in doing something special.

Hopefully this run will last and we might have a change of teams and division at long last.

My main negatives at the moment are:

1.The surroundings!

2.The Atmosphere or lack of.

3.The PC brigade (Stewards and w@nkers that pretend to be fans but would stab you in the back in an instant)

Apart from that all is well!!! lol

Kyleoafc, I thought you might have added another negative , namely you can't get on the Shez Out hobby horse that you were on all last season.

Kyleoafc, I thought you might have added another negative , namely you can't get on the Shez Out hobby horse that you were on all last season.

All credit to shez, i met him in person at the start of the season and thought he was a down to earth guy.

Dont dislike him as a person at all.

I questioned him (at length lol) at stages last year, this year i am leaving the football to him you will be glad to know! pmpl.

As for pies, I prefer a burger at the game but I am gonna make my way through the lot just to give a fair unbiased opinion lol

Thank god it's not just me having problems with the turnstyles, don't feel so embarrassed now.

One day after a few to many i am gonna mess up my footwork and go ass over t!t! lol Forget the players doing drills on the pitch get em going through the turnstiles they need quick feet and to be nimble there!!! lol

All credit to shez, i met him in person at the start of the season and thought he was a down to earth guy.

Dont dislike him as a person at all.

I questioned him (at length lol) at stages last year, this year i am leaving the football to him you will be glad to know! pmpl.

Is that petition destroyed or just pending, Kyle?

That's going to do the club a world of good and if everybody thought that way we'd have no football club at all. I think all the hype surrounding the Millwall game has got people including the Stewards over reacting.

If you complain enough the club will listen, as the last thing they want is to alienate their fans!!

It will all settle down in a few weeks just give it a bit of time...if your not happy in the RRE get in the Chaddy but for god's don't desert the club as it needs your support now more than ever!!!

I was one of the fans carrying begging buckets to save the club so please dont attack my passion / love for the club...

Well this is the whole thing isnt it....

Your dumping this on me...the paying fan.... I dont / wont pay £20 to just sit down and play the nice quite happy fan the club want me to be... if they dont want my type they dont get my type... If they want famalies and a nice MLS atmosphere they can have it...

You say if everyone thought like me the club would go under. That dosent follow the logic of what the club are saying. They are saying if they deal with the likes of me more familys will come and fill the void left by me. So apparently Im doing them a favour by not coming...

The club have made there postion clear and they have backed it up two game in a row with there stewarding policy...

Im still going to support the lads but "prats" like me arent wanted at BP then I wont come...simple really... Why should I pay £20, behave within the ground regulations, be vocal and support my team and then get treated aggresivily off my own stewards and become a mayter for the cause?? Its nither fair or right...

You also say move back to the chaddy... With the vast majority of people moving from the chaddy im doubting my match day experience will be what I want it to be in the chaddy....

Im going to go support my team away from home and give them my vocal support...

Edited by oafc0000

You can't have been to Tranmere then because they are the pits. I have every sympathy with what your saying as it's a long way to come and you want to enjoy the occasion but rules ..as daft as they seem have to be adhered to as if not the club could be punished. I must admit having to sit down for ninety minutes is a pain in the a*** but they're league rules and you have to abide by them.I'm sure if clubs lobbied hard enough they could get Singing/standing allowed back in paddock areas!!

I think you have about as much grasp as the rule as the stewards seem to have....

i cant go because im poor and unemployed,lol.....but i have to say last season when i attended games in the chaddy,there was no problems with stewards at all,infact you hardly noticed them......

i do remember looking towards the paddock everytime something happened,eg corner free kick and so on,and thought to myself the stewards over there were deffo trying to spoil things....

thing is its a football game,the manager and players want the crowd to get behind the team and create an atmosphere,it makes them play better and we get good results from it....the stewards should realise that at certain times during a game people are going to stand up....as the teams come out,when there is a corner,or a chance of a goal..and when there is a goal.....its part and parcel of football....

i think if more people are feeling alienated by stewards and not going to bp because of it,then the club needs to be made aware of the situation.... and maybe a meeting with the head steward,alan hardy and maybe a fans reprasentative,to explain what is and isnt allowed,and to explain that by being too heavy handed there spoiling peoples enjoyment....im pretty sure if the club thought it was going to lose vital pay on the day money because of this,they would be horrified....

and lastly....the club didnt think out the whole rre switch at all......maybe its naivety or bad advice from the health n safety officer regarding seggragation methods.......if its that big a problem install a bloody big net so nothing can go back or forth....

Great post Edhunter...

Atmosphere in the RRE today was excellent i thought. Probably the best atmosphere we've ever had at home against the likes of Cheltenham. It's normally a morgue for such games.

I agree..

Seems some of you want to enjoy your 'banter' with the oppo fans just a tad too much. Lets get real here.....Cheltenham Town for gawds sake. Hardly Leeds or Millwall are they ? Yet a number of our spotty chavs (usually only seen at away games) thought it fair game to stand up, gawp at the oppo fans and 'call it on'.

hmmm... But I wonder who was doing all the singing ??

For me.....better off without 'em. Fifteen extra chavs or the loss of five families with kids? The originator of this post has already took his ball home it seems....let's have another fourteen follow and a few families back for me.

Ok so cool... So you loved the atmosphere, you thoght it was great but the people who are creating this new found atmosphere you want removing ?? Can you not see the maddness in your post ? :lol:

:applause1: Now this is part of my issue. Now I don't want to come accross that I'm better than anyone, I enjoy banter but these spotty chavs are probally the ones that are making it worse for us all.

The main difference between me and them is that I know were to draw the line and what is acceptable behaviour ... they don't and will Millwall / Dales game they actually don't watch the game so whats the point of them being there?????

P.S they don't actually go to that many aways

Who exactly are you guys talking about ?? I was sat half way up the stand in amongst the singers / standers and while alot of them where spotty teenagers they didnt equal 15 in number (alot more!) and many of them sat down when asked....

There are plenty of places in BP where the stewards dont bother us fans.... I sit in the middle of the chaddy and am able to stand, swear etc etc. If it really bothers you that much just move seats away from the jobsworths

The way the mighty ones are playing at the moment why would you want to miss it! Anyway it doesnt matter we have hundreds of fans coming out the woodwork soon to take you place

I wont be missing jack... Im still going away games!!

I hope your right... I really do :)

Aren't we all missing the point a bit here. 4600 irrespective of stewarding, the flamin drum :D , the muppet choir, leg room being crud etc etc is absolutely appalling.

TTA's patience must be wearing thin. I love this club but if you asked me whether I wanted to run it as a business as well as support it.........................not a chance.

well there will be at least 2 more on the crowd figure from April 3rd onwards, really hope it's to witness a promotion push. Can't wait to show my aussie partner what real football atmosphere is all about[ chavs aside]. Great start from the lads, watched the masters recently & it was amazing watching Ritchie & the lads run around again in Latics shirts & the support was amazing.

I think you have about as much grasp as the rule as the stewards seem to have....

Of course I have a grasp of the rule so don't insult my intelligence, I hate sitting down as much as you do but the rules are not laid down by the club are they? It only needs 1 person to stand up for whatever reason and it spirals because people behind cannot see before you know it everybody's stood up.

Yes, the stewards maybe a bit over the top and perhaps should use a little more understanding but they have to be firm and be seen to be doing their job because some fans would stand up the whole time if they weren't challenged!!

Like I've said before there should be standing areas at all grounds and I don't understand how you can have a rule for football stadia that doesn't apply to Rugby etc.

However, seated areas are definitely not safe for standing, I've been pushed from behind on several occasions whilst stood up and only just managed to stay on my feet, the seats in front are below knee high and believe me if you fell over them you'd do yourself a major injury!

The rule isn't ideal but for the time being we, and more importantly the club, will have to abide by it until someone say's different.

I agree..

hmmm... But I wonder who was doing all the singing ??

Ok so cool... So you loved the atmosphere, you thoght it was great but the people who are creating this new found atmosphere you want removing ?? Can you not see the maddness in your post ? :lol:

It was what they were singing!!!! Most of this problem is what people are singing, the constant goading of the oppo fans (never see the point of this) and their general lack of interest in the ACTUAL game being played. Reports of their behaviour led to the club having to create a family section at the other side of the ground ..... thats not right is it? A whole section of fans have already been alienated and forced to side in the far corner of the ground so their kids don't have to put up with the vile language coming out of the mouths of some supporters.

Yes swearing does happen at football matchs and as always been part of the game ..... but some off it is way OTT.

Yes it true that we do not get anywhere near the amount of trouble at away games ... maybe this is because the ones who seemingly get themselves into a battle with the stewards at BP DO NOT ACTUALLY GO TO AWAY MATCHES unless it's a 'rvial' game.

There needs to be a balance and both sides need to give a little, but until certain elements calm down this will not happen. Additionally, with the crowds we are additionally getting the club may need to look at putting a whole extra section of seats between home/away fans ... this may calm them down.

It was what they were singing!!!! Most of this problem is whats people are singing, the constant goading of the oppo fans (never see the point of this) and their general lack of interest in the ACTUAL game being played. Reports of their behaviour led to the club having to create a family section at the other side of the ground ..... thats not right is it? A whole section of fans have already been alienated and forced to side in the far corner of the ground so their kids don't have to put up with the vile language coming out of the mouths of some supporters.

Yes swearing does happen at football matchs and as always been part of the game ..... but some off it is way OTT.

There needs to be a balance and both sides need to give a little, but until certain elements calm down this will not happen. Additionally, with the crowds we are additionally getting the club may need to look at putting a whole extra section of seats between home/away fans ... this may calm them down.

The creation of a family area is the only right thing the club have done during this whole farce!! I have 100% support for a section of the ground being made a zero tollerence area... So if you want to emjoy the game in that way you can do....

I love taking the mikey out of the away fans... I love singing those songs to them... I probably do spend 20% of my time giving them grief and about 80% of the time watching the match.... Thats what I like about football...and what the hell is really wrong with it ??

You say its OTT...is it balls... Chucking chairs, throwing stones, trying to attack them would be say over the top... Singing naughty songs at them is hardly OTT.... Its all part and parcel of football...or at least it was...

You talk as if this behvaiour is new and all these families are all running and diving for cover from us animales....give me a break...

Anyway, Ive accepted Im not wanted...so instead of getting the grief off the stewards, instead of getting looked down on by fellow supporters I will make a change and everyone will hopefully be happy ?

Can I just say I think this as got way outta proportion here. Most people stand when an exciting peice of action unfolds....but then they sit back down when it passes. This happens without any stewards intervention, so no problems there. What I find amazing is the vast majority of those who persistantly stand up only do it to be like a naughty schoolboy looking round at the stewards waiting for the confrontation. Then when said confrontation occurs they moan!!!!!! whats that all about? and 0000 before you come back and defend yaself the operative word was majority.

Do you know something?, the best part of the guys that sing and create the atmosphere most paying brothers like, is the witty stuff, not the :censored:e banter. Thats what you all should be aiming at. Even if there's a naughty swear word in there....if it's funny and off the cuff apt, everyone laughs at it. Even those moaning gets.

Edited by Lags

Can I just say I think this as got way outta proportion here. Most people stand when an exciting peice of action unfolds....but then they sit back down when it passes. This happens without any stewards intervention, so no problems there. What I find amazing is the vast majority of those who persistantly stand up only do it to be like a naughty schoolboy looking round at the stewards waiting for the confrontation. Then when said confrontation occurs they moan!!!!!! whats that all about? and 0000 before you come back and defend yaself the operative word was majority.

Do you know something?, the best part of the guys that sing and create the atmosphere most paying brothers like, is the witty stuff, not the :censored:e banter. Thats what you all should be aiming at. Even if there's a naughty swear word in there....if it's funny and off the cuff apt, everyone laughs at it. Even those moaning gets.

This is point exactly, if people sat down more oftern when told, the stewards will relax more (although the ones in the RRE won't and the club need to move them) and allow a little more standing .............. thats the point, some people are looking for confrontation all the time.

best part of the guys that sing and create the atmosphere most paying brothers like, is the witty stuff, not the :censored:e banter

funny enough, before you ask 0000 I'm usually in the middle of them ... this is how I enjoy my football !!!! I never stop singing and enjoying myself. Yes I get asked to sit down (usually several times a game) but I do as I'm told and will be back on my feet before you know it. Stewards are happy that you have listened to them, they relax realise you'll be no trouble (and make them actually do some work) and allow you to get away with standing for most of the game ..... maybe the odd time they will ask again when the supervisor is about. This was the pattern at Leeds ............ heavy at first then they just allowed us to get on with it once they realised that there would be no trouble.

Unfortunately this still doesn't work with our stewards in the RRE (formally the Paddock)

yes you will, You will miss 50% of the season

Anyway your choice! Just dont see why you dont move seats.

Cutting of you nose and all that

Edited by NIKI1234

yes you will, You will miss 50% of the season

Anyway your choice! Just dont see why you dont move seats.

Cutting of you nose and all that

I dont go every game away and at home at the moment... I see about 50% of the season at the moment with a combination of home and away games... Home games used to make up the most of it... I will just go as many away games now as I can...

As for moving seats, doy ou think my singing, shouting, swearing and standing will be tollerated in other parts of the ground...im doubtful personaly...

As for cutting my nose off and all that... I dont think im going to explode if I dont see every home game to be frank :lol: