I dont go every game away and at home at the moment... I see about 50% of the season at the moment with a combination of home and away games... Home games used to make up the most of it... I will just go as many away games now as I can...

As for moving seats, doy ou think my singing, shouting, swearing and standing will be tollerated in other parts of the ground...im doubtful personaly...

As for cutting my nose off and all that... I dont think im going to explode if I dont see every home game to be frank :lol:

maybe if there is as much room as people are saying....that if those who dont want to be associated with said ruffians causing trouble with away fans for the sake of it....could possibly move 3 or 4 seats away from them,thus imposing a self made exclusion zone,then the stewards can have there battle with them and everybody else can watch the game and have the crack.....

having slept on it i still think there should be some form of discussion regarding a singing section for likeminded fans,and those who dont want to sing and just watch can sit round the perifory of it.....

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont go every game away and at home at the moment... I see about 50% of the season at the moment with a combination of home and away games... Home games used to make up the most of it... I will just go as many away games now as I can...

As for moving seats, doy ou think my singing, shouting, swearing and standing will be tollerated in other parts of the ground...im doubtful personaly...

As for cutting my nose off and all that... I dont think im going to explode if I dont see every home game to be frank :lol:

Youre starting to lose your argument here with this kinda stuff. So without swearing and standing will ruin your enjoyment? I hate missing a match personally.

Youre starting to lose your argument here with this kinda stuff. So without swearing and standing will ruin your enjoyment? I hate missing a match personally.

the crowd will keep getting smaller as they throw more loyal fans out. yesterday they took the drum told us not to look at the away fans i was told by the police that i couldnt use my phone at the back of th stand and my friend was kicked out when he was sat down its bullying, the day they kick me out i wont be coming bk and if are bubble bursts they will be left with red faces when we only get 3-4000. at the end of the day most famileys wont come to Oldham cause its to expensive look how our average has droped and it will keep happening. MORE AWAY GAMES THAN HOME FOR ME FROM NOW ON

the crowd will keep getting smaller as they throw more loyal fans out. yesterday they took the drum told us not to look at the away fans i was told by the police that i couldnt use my phone at the back of th stand and my friend was kicked out when he was sat down its bullying, the day they kick me out i wont be coming bk and if are bubble bursts they will be left with red faces when we only get 3-4000. at the end of the day most famileys wont come to Oldham cause its to expensive look how our average has droped and it will keep happening. MORE AWAY GAMES THAN HOME FOR ME FROM NOW ON

What I find hard to understand why doesn't this happen to me? but it does to you and your mates?

Edited by Lags

Why did the police say you couldn't use your phone?

It would ruin my enjoyment, I didn't go yesterday because i was away for the weekend but the stewards against Millwall were attrocious, if you pay £20 into a football match that should entitle you to be able to swear and stand up when necessary as long as you try and cause as little disruption to those not in the same mode - designated standing/singing section, problem solved

The games are about more than just the football, they are about having a beer, laugh and the banter...

The stewards at leeds(that i spoke to)were sound, they allowed us to move to the back so we could stand without causing an obstruction to people we were originall sat in front of and were obviously embaressed when the police came in and started to have a go at people for no raeson....

Every club in the country has a section at the back, in a corner that is filled with people standing and singing for 90 minutes, agreed that some of the songs are embaressing but every club in the country have a section of "chavs" as it's been put, fair play to them they are supporting the club - I dont want to stnad in the middle but have enjoyed standing at Rochdale and Leeds with little bother....

The club does need to create a section where its alright, I think it's a valid point that the way you are treated by stewads can affect your enjoyment

The stewards in the R.R.E are the same one's that were in the Paddock. Over the top, no common sense and have been that way for years. Most of them love the little power they have between 3pm and 5pm on a Saturday and the occasional Tuesday. They're just as bad as the one's at Forest and Swansea in recent years. Be it Swansea were only arses with everyone because they dont much like the English.

People moaned about the language in the RRE against Millwall, yet nothing which was said back and forth between both sets of fans wasnt said by the stewards to people in the Paddock last season, or any of the season's prior to that. There is one or two who are actually decent, who will tell fans they're only taking orders and when you get these few who do that - then people are more likely to take on board what there saying and sit down. The rest though do need someone at the club watching how they deal with fans. Barging past people with no word of "excuse me, could I just get past you please." - frothing at the mouth with a grin on their face almost to tell a young lad to sit down, effin shut up and being as unncecesarilly confrontational in their approach as possible. The way some of the stewards speak and communicate with fans who 9.99 times out of 10 would do as told if spoke with a bit of mutual respect, is quite frankly disgraceful.

At one time in the Paddock last season, you really felt like you had to raise your hand to stand and leave to go for a piss, it got that bad. Better approach from the stewards when dealing with orders from above would be a start.

I always find it interesting that the Stewards seem hell bent on being aggresive and making a stamp on people in the first half - telling people to sit down, etc. Yet come the 2nd half - people can stand all they want without a steward going near them. That was certainly the case against Millwall.

IT'S NOT MY SECTION!!

It would ruin my enjoyment, I didn't go yesterday because i was away for the weekend but the stewards against Millwall were attrocious, if you pay £20 into a football match that should entitle you to be able to swear and stand up when necessary as long as you try and cause as little disruption to those not in the same mode - designated standing/singing section, problem solved

The games are about more than just the football, they are about having a beer, laugh and the banter...

The stewards at leeds(that i spoke to)were sound, they allowed us to move to the back so we could stand without causing an obstruction to people we were originall sat in front of and were obviously embaressed when the police came in and started to have a go at people for no raeson....

Every club in the country has a section at the back, in a corner that is filled with people standing and singing for 90 minutes, agreed that some of the songs are embaressing but every club in the country have a section of "chavs" as it's been put, fair play to them they are supporting the club - I dont want to stnad in the middle but have enjoyed standing at Rochdale and Leeds with little bother....

The club does need to create a section where its alright, I think it's a valid point that the way you are treated by stewads can affect your enjoyment

Where does this '£20 lets me do what I like' idea come from?

where else in society would this be acceptable ???

Football will be better when the middle class moaners finally :censored: off and leave us working class lads to watch the game.

Football is all about a bit of banter with the away fans.

Why did families get season tickets in that stand and why did u moaners get it in there when u know theres going to be alot of banter between home and away fans. :mad:

Lets get this straight..am no angel. I swear at matches and I stand up when some excitment on the pitch dictates you do it out of instinct. No one is saying you cant do this. However what I think is going on with you lot is you're standing all the time and singing in unison directly at the oppo fans in an agressive manner. Or just pure vile to which some will take offence. So if you get you enjoyment outta singing, swearing now and then and jumping to your feet, then come and sit with me cos no one bothers me brother.

Football will be better when the middle class moaners finally :censored: off and leave us working class lads to watch the game.

Why did families get season tickets in that stand and why did u moaners get it in there when u know theres going to be alot of banter between home and away fans. :mad:

Behave ya self. Get you........

is this the same 'middle class' people with their own business's that support the club with quite significant amounts of money?

IE sponsoring matches ... stands .... kit ?

for working class ... see half the fans (if not less!) that turned up yesterday.. then watch ever so carefully as three blokes jump back on a aeroplane to new york as the ground gets sold off and another bunch of houses appear!

i think you need to think back a couple of years before you start to criticise your fellow fan!

Agreed that some of the people who are moaning with season tickets next to the away fans are daft, It could have been said befor a ball was kicked what that section was going to be about.... and presumably some people got books there because of that, but now it appears only on their terms

In regards to the other 2 comments

Football is not like the rest of society... for 100 years it has been an escape from work, and the reality of life, it is a place where it is ok to swear and get heated - i do not behave in this manner the rest of the week

And i never said that by spending £20 you can behave as you want, there are limits but people are being thrown out and punished for very little......Where else do you spend £20 and then get spoke to like a piece of s***....... Its the football for f*** sake

Sorry thought football was all about supporting the team not spending the game goading the oppo fans!

So back on track ... are you trying to say that the lack of crowds is because people are staying away because to many middle-class people are now going to games and this in turn is stopping 'real' football fans ... the working class man ... from attending.

Of course I have a grasp of the rule so don't insult my intelligence, I hate sitting down as much as you do but the rules are not laid down by the club are they? It only needs 1 person to stand up for whatever reason and it spirals because people behind cannot see before you know it everybody's stood up.

Yes, the stewards maybe a bit over the top and perhaps should use a little more understanding but they have to be firm and be seen to be doing their job because some fans would stand up the whole time if they weren't challenged!!

Like I've said before there should be standing areas at all grounds and I don't understand how you can have a rule for football stadia that doesn't apply to Rugby etc.

However, seated areas are definitely not safe for standing, I've been pushed from behind on several occasions whilst stood up and only just managed to stay on my feet, the seats in front are below knee high and believe me if you fell over them you'd do yourself a major injury!

The rule isn't ideal but for the time being we, and more importantly the club, will have to abide by it until someone say's different.

You all need to take a step back and put things in context, neither the club or the stewards want to destroy a fans match day experience, however the stewards are trying to enforce rules that are imposed throughout England and Wales; they are imposed (& monitored) locally on the club by the Council, the Council and the club are monitored by The Football Licensing Authority who represent the Government. Instead of moaning at the stewards and club, get yourselves organised through the Football Supporters Federation, and locally lobby your MP for a change in the law to allow for the reintroduction of safe standing areas.

You compare the performance of the stewards with other clubs, but in reality you are seeing/experiencing it at other grounds from an away supporters perspective where because you only visit once a season you feel braver to chance your arm to ignore stewards, knowing your not at risk of loosing your season ticket. At home you are all under the scrutiny of CCTV and staff will remember you game on game - if stewards continue to meet aggression they will react accordingly (contrary to popular opinion they are only human) they will pick out 'ring leaders' to set an example.

I would urge all of you to give it time; if both sides give a little, things will settle down for the majority. Having seen some of the previous paddock numpties (fortunately in the minority) they will either learn the hard way or fall by the wayside. Before you speculate: I am not a steward or a club official but I do enjoy my football.

If the steward’s weren’t there/didn’t do their job...where would it stop? (a fan getting carried away and crossing the moat maybe?) The only ones that are moaning about it are the ones spoiling it for themselves, I sit in the same section (i), all be it nearer the steps. I stand up, I sing, I sit down. I don’t get any bother from any stewards. i can see most things that go on within the group of fans where the stewards focus on (constant standing, goading of away fans, funny looks when others try to start songs... i could go on)

I’m not having a go, In fact i think in terms of the atmosphere its great, like others have said, the best i can remember for a good while against Cheltenham... but if there’s going to be constant standing up, goading of away fans ect. ect. You have to expect to get grief. Don’t forget this season there’s virtually no gap between us and away fans, that’s exactly why they are stricter this season. I don’t think anyone’s against fans wanting to create an atmosphere, its just the way some go about it!