• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The stewards in the R.R.E are the same one's that were in the Paddock. Over the top, no common sense and have been that way for years. Most of them love the little power they have between 3pm and 5pm on a Saturday and the occasional Tuesday. They're just as bad as the one's at Forest and Swansea in recent years. Be it Swansea were only arses with everyone because they dont much like the English.

People moaned about the language in the RRE against Millwall, yet nothing which was said back and forth between both sets of fans wasnt said by the stewards to people in the Paddock last season, or any of the season's prior to that. There is one or two who are actually decent, who will tell fans they're only taking orders and when you get these few who do that - then people are more likely to take on board what there saying and sit down. The rest though do need someone at the club watching how they deal with fans. Barging past people with no word of "excuse me, could I just get past you please." - frothing at the mouth with a grin on their face almost to tell a young lad to sit down, effin shut up and being as unncecesarilly confrontational in their approach as possible. The way some of the stewards speak and communicate with fans who 9.99 times out of 10 would do as told if spoke with a bit of mutual respect, is quite frankly disgraceful.

At one time in the Paddock last season, you really felt like you had to raise your hand to stand and leave to go for a piss, it got that bad. Better approach from the stewards when dealing with orders from above would be a start.

I always find it interesting that the Stewards seem hell bent on being aggresive and making a stamp on people in the first half - telling people to sit down, etc. Yet come the 2nd half - people can stand all they want without a steward going near them. That was certainly the case against Millwall.

IT'S NOT MY SECTION!!

I really am seeing what you lot in the paddock was on about last term...

Never had a problem in the chaddy and wished everyone would move back....

Youre starting to lose your argument here with this kinda stuff. So without swearing and standing will ruin your enjoyment? I hate missing a match personally.

Not being aloud to stand during exciting periods of play will...

Being treated like a naughty school child and being told not to swear or worse being kicked out for it will...

I used to hate missing matches...even in the dark days....these days its stopped bothering me as much...

Something I dont think you get...this isnt an argument...this isnt a point we can debate...its my feelings on what went on and the action im now taking... Im saying people have to follow me...or lets all boycot the club...

This isnt about me taking a stand against the club etc, they can do what they want, this about me thinking im going to have more fun away from home and as a result thats what I will be doing... If it dosent work out that way then maybe I need a new passion in life because I didnt enjoy Saturday....

Its never just been about the football on the pitch for me....if it was I wouldnt of watched the rubbish we have dished up over the past 13 or so years.....

Edited by oafc0000

Not being aloud to stand during exciting periods of play will...

Being treated like a naughty school child and being told not to swear or worse being kicked out for it will...

I used to hate missing matches...even in the dark days....these days its stopped bothering me as much...

Something I dont think you get...this isnt an argument...this isnt a point we can debate...its my feelings on what went on and the action im now taking... Im saying people have to follow me...or lets all boycot the club...

This isnt about me taking a stand against the club etc, they can do what they want, this about me thinking im going to have more fun away from home and as a result thats what I will be doing... If it dosent work out that way then maybe I need a new passion in life because I didnt enjoy Saturday....

Its never just been about the football on the pitch for me....if it was I wouldnt of watched the rubbish we have dished up over the past 13 or so years.....

Do you not understand that it's PERSISTENT standing thats the problem.

Do you not understand that it's PERSISTENT standing thats the problem.

Thats my whole point!!!

I wasnt persitently standing...people around me wasnt.. The guy that got thrown out 100% wasnt.... he got kicked out when he stood up for a corner because people in front of him stood up...

Some of the stewards are seriously over reacting and looking for it... Their is one steward that seriously has a problem with peopel... He goes to the back of a section with standing fans and asks them to sit... They say we are happy to sit but we cant see unless you get the ones in front to sit down, he then says sit down or your going out and dont tell me how to do my job!!!! These people arent the issue!!! Start at the front!!! Its unnesccary bullying....

Edited by oafc0000

Seems to me that there are some good stewards at Oldham and then there are quite a lot of nobhead stewards.

I might be wrong, but some of the stewards seem to work for OAFC and some seem to work for some security/agency type firm - the OAFC stewards I have come across have generally been ok..in fact, there are couple of stewards in the Chaddy who are definitely good men. But these security firms stewards who have crept in this last couple of seasons or so are generally the biggest set of tubes you could ever come across.

Seems to me that there are some good stewards at Oldham and then there are quite a lot of nobhead stewards.

I might be wrong, but some of the stewards seem to work for OAFC and some seem to work for some security/agency type firm - the OAFC stewards I have come across have generally been ok..in fact, there are couple of stewards in the Chaddy who are definitely good men. But these security firms stewards who have crept in this last couple of seasons or so are generally the biggest set of tubes you could ever come across.

If this was last season I would of agreed with you....

My experience of the Rocky Road end is that these are our own stewards and not a private firm.... Am i right anyone in the know ?

Edited by oafc0000

Last season we did have another company come in and supply stewards (thats who our blonde friend worked for), I chatted to a fair few over the season and the they seemed a decent lot, but on a whole it was our own lot who told us to sit down.

The RRE are from the Paddock and have giving fans hell for years

Ive stewarded at...

Old Trafford Football ground

Old Trafford Cricket ground

Edgbastan

Headingly

Aintree

and ... wait for it.. the Nou Camp :D

and I wouldnt describe these people as stewards...they are bullies....

I understand the need to apply the rules but some of this lot need to learn the rules...and how to handle a crowd...

Edited by oafc0000

Ive stewarded at...

Old Trafford Football ground

Old Trafford Cricket ground

Edgbastan

Headingly

Aintree

and ... wait for it.. the Nou Camp :D

and I wouldnt describe these people as stewards...they are bullies....

I understand the need to apply the rules but some of this lot need to learn the rules...and how to handle a crowd...

still say there should be a meeting between the head steward,alan hardy or another from the club and a fans representative......get it sorted out early and nip it in the bud so to speak before it does some real damage and people start to turn there back on the club again...

the last thing we need in a promotion season is fans giving up because of a few heavy handed stewards out to make a name for themself......if they carry on kicking people out without proper warnings or because they think they have the power someone will end up smacking one of them.

If seen please contact Coco

Image012-1.jpg

Image013-1.jpg

Are those the photographer's legs at either side of the first photo? If so, interesting position of the camera for this subject... :grin:

"Is that a tripod you're using?" LOL

Are those the photographer's legs at either side of the first photo? If so, interesting position of the camera for this subject... :grin:

"Is that a tripod you're using?" LOL

No it was in my hand.

oafc0000 ... you do have good points and I agreed with many of them. We are both old school type fans and I enjoy most of your banter. But its the why you put things sometimes it just winds people up, which is what I suspect you aim to do most of the time. So don't be shocked when people have a dig back.

Remember what you called me last week Monday ???? What LL said was play ground stuff compared to what you say to members on this board. So don't come the all hurt when comments come your way as your quite quick to give them.

Mark

Super duper fan and much more according to you.