not sure what anyone thought but thought that was one of te better refs we have seen at BP for a while, thought he handled the game really well

just a thought

Worth bearing in mind that we had the same ref against Luton at home when we drew 1-1 and Luton succeeded in hacking us to death. So, he was a pretty weak ref then and let them get away with it from the off.

But today you'd probably say it was a fairly easy game to ref. Turned down what looked pretty clear pennos for both sides.

not sure what anyone thought but thought that was one of te better refs we have seen at BP for a while, thought he handled the game really well

just a thought

About the eaiest game you will ever get to ref.

To be fair to Cheltenham they were outclassed but didn't resort to thug tactics.

In fact i think we conceded more fouls than them.

Only thing i wish they would change this stupid offside rule -

Players chase through balls becos they think they are on cos the flag stays down ,

then as soon as they get the ball it goes up.

It's obvious they are chasing the ball and the linesman knows he is off but he can't put his flag up until he gets it.

Totally absurd !!!!!!!!

Worth bearing in mind that we had the same ref against Luton at home when we drew 1-1 and Luton succeeded in hacking us to death. So, he was a pretty weak ref then and let them get away with it from the off.

But today you'd probably say it was a fairly easy game to ref. Turned down what looked pretty clear pennos for both sides.

I thought he had a really ggod game and reffed it really sensibly but both your points are spot on. I saw he had reffed the Luton game and thought oh bloody hell, and it was an easy game to ref today because it wasn't that physical and the result was decided very early on,but he did get most of the decisions right. I thought he handled the players well also. There were a couple of occasions when the more gobby of the participants - Gregan and Hayles could have been booked but seemed to get a 'look don't be a prat ' chat and were let off.

Also I didn't see the possible pens, what were they?

Also I didn't see the possible pens, what were they?

First was for them where their lad looked to be tripped in the box. Second was when a cross was pumped into the box and Lewi clearly looked impeded when he went for it.

I suppose these things are fairly forgettable after a 4-0 win, eh?

First was for them where their lad looked to be tripped in the box. Second was when a cross was pumped into the box and Lewi clearly looked impeded when he went for it.

I suppose these things are fairly forgettable after a 4-0 win, eh?

Taylor's dive for a pen in the 2nd half could have earned him a booking too.

I didn't think he was a bad ref, but did think he was weak; he couldn't get the freekick/advantage of play bit right at all. Let their defence get away with a bit of roughing up and holding. The "grapple tackle" on O'Grady was unchecked.

Not the best, but I've seen far worse.

I didn't think he was a bad ref, but did think he was weak; he couldn't get the freekick/advantage of play bit right at all. Let their defence get away with a bit of roughing up and holding. The "grapple tackle" on O'Grady was unchecked.

Not the best, but I've seen far worse.

Didnt play advantage?! Didnt you notice him ignoring the liner for our 3rd?

Didnt play advantage?! Didnt you notice him ignoring the liner for our 3rd?

On the day I could've pointed loads more opportunities that were dashed because the ref blew up for our free kick whilst we were in possession, and gave Chelts enough time to regroup. It was all shake yer head stuff - and everybody around me was shaking theirs in disbelief too. He was rubbish, in my humble - like...