Yesterday

As a past 'detractor' of young Liddell and one who is ready to pounce, I freely and grudgingly admit :D he is worthy of his place in this confident team and is doing well keeping Smalley out. In the 2 home matches I've seen this season, he has pleasingly raised his game by, as BB80, playing forward and doing his tackling stint.

I don't agree with the idea of moving him into the middle as that would upset the Allott/Whittaker and Hughes/Alessandra partnerships which are both looking good. If we are to have Liddell in the team, then wide right it is.

Pass the Rennies!!!

Edited by mikejh45

As a past 'detractor' of young Liddell and one who is ready to pounce, I freely and grudgingly admit :D he is worthy of his place in this confident team and is doing well keeping Smalley out. In the 2 home matches I've seen this season, he has pleasingly raised his game by, as BB80, playing forward and doing his tackling stint.

I don't agree with the idea of moving him into the middle as that would upset the Allott/Whittaker and Hughes/Alessandra partnerships which are both looking good. If we are to have Liddell in the team, then wide right it is.

Pass the Rennies!!!

:laught30:

:applause1:

It's funny how his detractors can still point out the good Lids can offer...like myself and BigFin and others have, yet those who have a problem with anyone who slags Lids off just talks as though the guy can walk on water and is faultless. And sit lying in wait to "give it us" when he has an improved few games. Quite pathetic!

PS It's quite amusing also that his biggest fans can't even spell his name! L-I-D-D-E-L-L...FFS!!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again... as BB80 says, my problem with Lids not that i cant see what he does well, I just feel that someone else could offer far, far, far more to the team.... and for me that person is Smalley, some people on here dislike Smalley, and that is fair enough... but I want my football team to play with attacking fast wingers, a solid core and two strikers who stay in the bloody box and let the wingers be wingers...

We are almost there, and Liddell is the weak link in all of that... now, he could have the best game in the world, score a hat-trick, and set up 6 more, but I would still want Smalley on the pitch, because he excites me... and I feel over the course oft he season we would win more games, and score more goals, with Smalley than Liddell - because he offers far more to the team.

Its as simple as that... and I am very, very happy Smalley is playing tonight, because this kid is class.... and the more time he gets to make him even better the bigger the smile on my face....

I see huge potential in Smalley, and I happen to agree he's better on the right than up front (though I can see why many see him as a future striker).

For me, Smalley doesn't (yet) offer MORE to the team than Liddell, but he definitely offers something DIFFERENT, a more dynamic presence that can scare opposition defences to death. However, what Smalley doesn't offer (and I don't think ever will) is the sheer quality on the ball that Liddell has, and I think players around him such as Whitaker, Hughes and Alessandra are benefitting from that extra quality.