Davies is back for Colchester

davies will have to put in some top clas performances or do some arse licking to get back into the squad. the way we are playing he will have to

I would think he'll be back in the squad no question. Not only is he probably one of the club's top earners, he's also (when he feels like it) one of our outstanding talents and but for his injury and his infuriating tendency to wander out wide whilst proceeding to stick his finger up his bum doing nowt he would've easily surpassed 20 goals last season. No way he should walk back into the team. we've looked far more potent without him, however more than useful to have his pace on the bench, especially away from home. Those writing him off have very short memories, his goals last season easily earned us at least 10 points, BUT he only gets back in the team if anything happens to Hughesy, as together they aren't as much as a threat as Lewi/Davies or Lewi/Hughes. Just my opinion.

But will he even make the squad?

Dont know where Davie is goin to fit in atm!

He will have to wait for someone to get injured before making the squad. At the moment he is number three for me behind Hughes and Alessandra. In fact if Hughes gets injured I expect O'Grady to replace him.

id be tempted to leave him another week. can he play in the reserves whilst hes suspended?

No, banned from all forms of football util his suspension runs out after Tuesdays game. Might be a good idea for Shez to arrange one of the promised 'reserve-friendlies' though, just to give Davies, O'Grady, Maher, Lee etc.... a decent run-out.

I agree that Davies is a lazy sod sometimes, he is fast and cause problems, but has looked a little lackluster recently. I think that what Shez is doing, in terms of no reserves, is great. However, I do feel players can react in different ways to this. I think that some players will rise to it, and some will become unhappy. Personally, I feel that Davies could be one of those players who might react badly to not playing. Personally, I feel sorry for Stam, I think he is one of the best players in our squad, certainly cool and "has the bo - lox" to have the ball and make the right pass. Credit to Shez for sticking with Hazell, but I hope Stam sticks with the us, I would be gutted if he left.

Was also good to see the ref keeping his cards in his pockets too on saturday.

Davies is quality, like previous posts say, when he feels like making that effort.

With the way lewi and hughes are playing our team doesn't need davies were fine with out him. Davies would do well coming on off the bench to hastle the tired defenders. If Shez gives him a handful of first team starts he may try to fight for a first team place which he didn't do last year.

With the way lewi and hughes are playing our team doesn't need davies were fine with out him. Davies would do well coming on off the bench to hastle the tired defenders. If Shez gives him a handful of first team starts he may try to fight for a first team place which he didn't do last year.

He will be in the squad and will get on ahead of O'Grady. Good to have strength in depth.

Guest oa_exile
That reads like it took a lot of thought??! :blink:

Bit surprsied with your post :blink: as you should be getting used to Wenks infamous crap responses :)

Edited by oa_exile

I would think he'll be back in the squad no question. Not only is he probably one of the club's top earners, he's also (when he feels like it) one of our outstanding talents and but for his injury and his infuriating tendency to wander out wide whilst proceeding to stick his finger up his bum doing nowt he would've easily surpassed 20 goals last season. No way he should walk back into the team. we've looked far more potent without him, however more than useful to have his pace on the bench, especially away from home. Those writing him off have very short memories, his goals last season easily earned us at least 10 points, BUT he only gets back in the team if anything happens to Hughesy, as together they aren't as much as a threat as Lewi/Davies or Lewi/Hughes. Just my opinion.

Totally agree with this, get a nice cushion son, and sit yourself on that bench.... lets see how he takes to being not an automatic choice for a bit affects him... you would hope that the two brain-cells within his cavernous skull might just bump into each other and decide to knuckle down and fight for his place... and show the undoubted ability that he has....

Colchester is going to be a tough game, I'd expect it to be even harder than leeds as they wont have that huge chip on their shoulder like the dirty scum, so we will have to play at our best... having the pace of Davies on the bench (if he can be arsed) after 60-70 minutes will be a massive weapon....

I'm not going to underestimate davies performances last season, and the 14 or so ganmes he played with Hughes were pretty damn good... but I can remember nothing better than the Lewi/Hughes parntership.... I also tend to agree with prozac that he comes in for Hughes if needed, however that is probaby more an indication of the talent of Lewi - he can bloomin play with anyone.... and despite the claims that they get on fine, Lewis looks for Hughes constantly (which like it or not is the right way when you ahve a main striker) whilst davies doenst look for anyone but himself.... which is a waste of Hughesy's ability... Like it or not Hughes needs a second striker, not an equal....

Totally agree with this, get a nice cushion son, and sit yourself on that bench.... lets see how he takes to being not an automatic choice for a bit affects him... you would hope that the two brain-cells within his cavernous skull might just bump into each other and decide to knuckle down and fight for his place... and show the undoubted ability that he has....

Colchester is going to be a tough game, I'd expect it to be even harder than leeds as they wont have that huge chip on their shoulder like the dirty scum, so we will have to play at our best... having the pace of Davies on the bench (if he can be arsed) after 60-70 minutes will be a massive weapon....

I'm not going to underestimate davies performances last season, and the 14 or so ganmes he played with Hughes were pretty damn good... but I can remember nothing better than the Lewi/Hughes parntership.... I also tend to agree with prozac that he comes in for Hughes if needed, however that is probaby more an indication of the talent of Lewi - he can bloomin play with anyone.... and despite the claims that they get on fine, Lewis looks for Hughes constantly (which like it or not is the right way when you ahve a main striker) whilst davies doenst look for anyone but himself.... which is a waste of Hughesy's ability... Like it or not Hughes needs a second striker, not an equal....

hughes already has a second striker in lewi,simple as.

you cant knock davies goals from last season,but this season is a very big one for him as far as im concerned to show us he has the fight hunger and desire to take this club forward to promotion.....so far this season he has let everyone down....and i think shez would be totally justified in just giving him a place on the bench,and make him sweat for a while.......

as the old addage says..if it aint broke dont fix it.......

if and when he does come in he is going to have to justify his place with some pretty good performances,make the most of his oppertunity or if he doesnt and continues his sulky kid routine i would seriously look to offload.....we cant afford to carry passengers this season.....if players want a league one winners medal they have to bloody well earn it.