Corney's latest statement

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still not a hint of the Corney outburst on the official site...makes you think that it's the rarely wrong Chron taking his words out of context. I'm very suspicious that nothings appeared on the OS or that there's been no comment from the club!

I don't have a marketing degree, but perhaps this is deliberate because Corney sees most readers of the website as "existing customers" and most readers of the Chron as "Potential Customers".

I still think he got the tone wrong, but got the target for a "come and see us, we're rather good at the moment" message spot on.

Edited by opinions4u

I don't have a marketing degree, but perhaps this is deliberate because Corney sees most readers of the website as "existing customers" and most readers of the Chron as "Potential Customers".

I still think he got the tone wrong, but got the target for a "come and see us, we're rather good at the moment" message spot on.

The problem is when people do turn up after a message like this it always seems to be the match where we :censored: it up! Like the debacle against Udders in the FA Cup last season, we swelled that gate there after the result at Everton, only to loose them all again after that shambles. I heard quite a few "same old Latics" type comments on the way up Sheepfoot Lane after that game. And that's the problem, we need a period of sustained success like the 'pinch me' years to get people back, and I'm afraid selling our best young players isn't going to help do that one little bit!

just realised that for the next home game at least 7 of us will be on a cultural excursion to Benidorm for a 40th.

I have been away, and only just stumbled across this huge thread.

SC is bang on with what he is saying. Although I think its a bad weekend to form this argument (Bank holiday, Chetenham support, Kids hols etc). At the end of the day, we will gain that 1000/1500 if we are in the same position after another 7/10 games. What bothers me the most is that you never hear what the club is doing to attract new punters, or get the old ones back. What are they doing with databases, old/new season ticket holders. Why didnt we have a change to season tickets vouchers 3 games for a friend £10 each voucher, Roughyhead season ticket holders in for £12 (3 vouchers) Get a big board at the top of sheepfoot lane (NEXT VISITORS ETC) I dont know the answer, but I would like to hear what is in the strategy for keeping/retaining and getting new fans to BP, cos I havent seen any new initiatives?????

Well done the board and the boys for a great start.