Oldham Rugby Fans

I wonder what happened to the "£6M" that the council received from the sale of Westwood Athletics Track to B&Q for the development of their superstore? IIRC the proceeds from this sale were supposed to contribute towards financing a new stadium for both football and rugby as well as building a replacement athletics venue. As Coco says £250k was spent on the pitch and this came out of the £6M kitty as did a few rent holidays that the TTA ultimately paid back. But some of this money seems to have mysteriously evaporated.

Edited by johnafoafc

This was around the Chris M**** era. The costs of the Rugby being at BP didn't add up. They weren't getting anywhere near enough for their rent or to pay even for the stewarding. CM offered Hamilton £50,000 as a loan. Hamilton claimed it was a back door way to buy the club. Nobody will ever know. In the end, CM put the price at what it should be for the Rugby to play at BP....and Hamilton milked it and claimed the Yeds were being knifed in the back. I'm not one to stick up for the scum that is CM but where the Yeds were concerned, he was within his right IMO. By the way, let's not forget that when Latics bought the ground back they also paid up the previous unpaid rent holidays. Latics money...not Yeds money. Yeds had (and still have) little right to complain IMO until they get the crowds to pay their way. Or a backer like TTA to assist them in their way. I wish them well though and want to see them promoted. Got to several games last season...not made any this season. I should do now I'm living in Oldham now though.

They have in Quinn.

All i would say is that if there is anyone who has watched Rugby on the tele or whatever and enjoyed it then get down to BP every other Sunday.

Let's face it there isn't much to do on a Sunday really, the crowds aren't the best but things are definatley looking up for the future.

Gotta love a sport filled weekend! :grin: