Colchester - campaign for Justice

So far so good - most of the credit must go to Andy b 100, who is doing a fine job of getting the relevant details together for the most important part of the process, namely making sure that Lee doesn't have any taint against his name on account of this incident. Please keep the accounts coming, they all add weight to our cause. I've formally requested all of the information that is held with Lee's authority and there is further photographic evidence due.

Thanks to several of you who have offered to help in several ways. Lee and his family will of course have the decision to make as to how much of a publicity campaign we decide to make out of this and serve his best interests, but it's fair to say that the Latics community together with many decent fans from other clubs have shown that they are willing to lay a marker down against the sort of thuggery some of us had the displeasure to witness.

For the record, I haven't spoken to either yet but I know that both Alan and Bazza are fully up to speed with this incident as you would expect.

Cheers

Andy

I have just received this reply from Alan Hardy to my copy email to the CUFC Chief Executive:

I have received an email from Gary Tuckwell, the safety officer at Colchester and he has assured me that the incident will be fully investigated.

In view of the number of emails I have had on this, and my other work load, I intend to post any further development on this on the official site so I would be grateful if you could let everyone know.

Many thanks

Alan

So far so good - most of the credit must go to Andy b 100, who is doing a fine job of getting the relevant details together for the most important part of the process, namely making sure that Lee doesn't have any taint against his name on account of this incident. Please keep the accounts coming, they all add weight to our cause. I've formally requested all of the information that is held with Lee's authority and there is further photographic evidence due.

Thanks to several of you who have offered to help in several ways. Lee and his family will of course have the decision to make as to how much of a publicity campaign we decide to make out of this and serve his best interests, but it's fair to say that the Latics community together with many decent fans from other clubs have shown that they are willing to lay a marker down against the sort of thuggery some of us had the displeasure to witness.

For the record, I haven't spoken to either yet but I know that both Alan and Bazza are fully up to speed with this incident as you would expect.

Cheers

Andy

Lee / Andy

The offer of speaking to a few contacts in the national media still stands. Just let me know if you decide to take it that far.