Time to put a stop to these massive transfer fees!

I 'm very, very angry!

Lets get all the honest little clubs, Championship through to League Two to organise a massive protest march to the FA H.Q. We could feed Ethiopia with some of these transfer fees, where will it end? Nobody is worth 32 million quid. Not even Chris Taylor!!!!

These lunatics are ruining football in this country and putting smaller clubs out of business. This is no longer sport!! How can we compete????

Shame on City for driving another nail in the coffin of smaller clubs and English football.

Time the FA stepped in and put a ceiling on these ridiculous transfer fees.

And, while Im on my soapbox........Lets organise another protest march.......Time we had a limit again on the number of foreign players at English clubs...... then we might actually get a decent England team on a pitch...

I'm angry........ very, very angry!!!!!!!

Not really that arsed, because essentially what we are seeing in 2 transfer markets.... one of which doesnt affect us at all...

What is robinho actually worth in the scale of things? say Taylor is worth £1m, then robinho is worth £7-10m... I couldnt give a toss what is actually paid for him, because that is just a representation of what a club feels they have to pay to get him, not his footballing ability....

If they want to pay that much, well thats fine.... its a world only the top 6 or 7 in the prem live in... Championship still is reasonably realistic, and every now and again we can hold a big club to ransom and get an overinflated price for one of our players....

Screw 'em... it make no bones to us anymore... it will just turn into a european superleague soon, which it pretty much is already, and we can just get back to business...

As for creating abetter England team... well thats a whole new barrell of bananas...

Not really that arsed, because essentially what we are seeing in 2 transfer markets.... one of which doesnt affect us at all...

What is robinho actually worth in the scale of things? say Taylor is worth £1m, then robinho is worth £7-10m... I couldnt give a toss what is actually paid for him, because that is just a representation of what a club feels they have to pay to get him, not his footballing ability....

If they want to pay that much, well thats fine.... its a world only the top 6 or 7 in the prem live in... Championship still is reasonably realistic, and every now and again we can hold a big club to ransom and get an overinflated price for one of our players....

Screw 'em... it make no bones to us anymore... it will just turn into a european superleague soon, which it pretty much is already, and we can just get back to business...

As for creating abetter England team... well thats a whole new barrell of bananas...

I agree... screw em!!!

What p....sses me off most though is what happens to the likes of Derby, Stoke and probably Hull when they get into the Premier league and have to compete on what is supposed to be a level playing field. The gap is huge now and alot of clubs getting promoted to the Prem cant survive there and are quickly relegated with their finances in a mess. These top few clubs are bleeding everyone else dry and the power they have is sickening..

As you say it will be a European Super league soon. Lets hope all these money mad clubs are in it very soon and everyone else can forget about them.

It will indeed. They'll stop relegation.

if berbatov is worth 30 million and he is 30 years old, what does that make ronaldo worth?

frightening isnt it ? do i hear 50 million and to think thousands in this country will not be able to pay the gas bill this winter.

if berbatov is worth 30 million and he is 30 years old, what does that make ronaldo worth?

frightening isnt it ? do i hear 50 million and to think thousands in this country will not be able to pay the gas bill this winter.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4086955,00.html

It appears that City will bid for Ronaldo in the January window for £135m. It's all bravado I suppose, but this kind of money will see the end of Leagues as we know it, and will herald the Premier League Licence as per the Super League. As previously stated, there will be no relegation, but every five years or so applications will have to be renewed...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4086955,00.html

It appears that City will bid for Ronaldo in the January window for £135m. It's all bravado I suppose, but this kind of money will see the end of Leagues as we know it, and will herald the Premier League Licence as per the Super League. As previously stated, there will be no relegation, but every five years or so applications will have to be renewed...

Being City they will probably sign the fat one.

This chap has all the cash to back him up as well.

He's making Roman look like he is on benefits.

Can you imagine old red nose down the road.

Better get out quick before City become number one :lol:

Back to reality though and this is just crazy. Clearly haven't a hope of getting Torres, Cesc or Ronaldo but the intent is all there. They are here and they are not messing around either.

CITY COULD MAKE £135M BID FOR RONALDO

The new owner of Manchester City, Dr Sulaiman Al-Fahim, has intimated that Abu Dhabi United Group for Development and Investment (ADUG) could back a £135million bid for Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo in January.

The agreement of an ADUG takeover deal at Eastlands was announced on Monday and was followed by the shock capture of Real Madrid forward Robinho for a British record fee of £32.5million.

Eastlands will have the greenest pitch in the world by the time they have laid hundreds of millions of pounds worth of overpriced :censored: over it.

Lol...it really is that old adage about trying to polish turd! Can't wait for the Man :censored:ty pop to take place again...wonder how long it'll be this time.

Lol...it really is that old adage about trying to polish turd! Can't wait for the Man :censored:ty pop to take place again...wonder how long it'll be this time.

It will be like the Northeast clubs several times over - paying massively over the odds to attract players who aren't quite good enough to play for the best teams and who have no desire to go there. Wonder if the dressing room will gell quickly?

It will be like the Northeast clubs several times over - paying massively over the odds to attract players who aren't quite good enough to play for the best teams and who have no desire to go there. Wonder if the dressing room will gell quickly?

Only slight difference. City will be paying way over the odds for the best players in the World rather than the average players in the World by the looks of things. Okay, a large difference.

They're not actually going to bid this amount. Can't any of you see what's going on? They're merely having a laugh at United's expense, now that they can.

What's happened in the last few days has obviously been brewing for weeks. That's why, despite the media recently being full of stuff about City going out of business due to Shinawatra's problems, they continued to spend tens of millions. Yesterday's signing was the one big name that, several weeks ago, their new Exec. Chairman said the club wanted to make to fill COMS this season. As somebody said on the radio earlier, it doesn't even matter whether he's a success or not when, should they choose, they could buy thirty players at £100 million each and it still wouldn't significantly dent the coffers.

All this widens the gulf between the Premier League's money clubs and the rest even further, and, as far as we are concerned, is a disaster, due to our close proximity to City and the potential impact on our next generation of fans.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Only slight difference. City will be paying way over the odds for the best players in the World rather than the average players in the World by the looks of things. Okay, a large difference.

I'll believe that when they manage something more than the signing of a Real Madrid squad player for the price of one of the best players in the world. Let's guess the flavour of the next 17 of the £30m signings.

Post-Milan Shevchenko

Laurent Blanc c when he joined the Redd Soxx

ZZ aged 34

Four random kids from China, Korea, Thailand and some place in the Middle East who turn out to be crap

That sort of player will really enjoy sharing the locker room with Stephen Ireland, and with each other. Honestly, it's car crash material. I will go along with Corp in that they must have been working this for months, they have planned it all to try and humiliate either Chelsea or Man Utd, which isn't something you can do if you are worrying about borrowing money off John Wardle because you can't pay the wages. I don't agree that it will harm us though, City are going up, then they will be going down. Only I'm not even sure they will have the upswing first on this occasion. In any case, a leopard can't change it's spots.

Now, what odds on them bidding £50m for young Micah Richards :)

I'll believe that when they manage something more than the signing of a Real Madrid squad player for the price of one of the best players in the world. Let's guess the flavour of the next 17 of the £30m signings.

Post-Milan Shevchenko

Laurent Blanc c when he joined the Redd Soxx

ZZ aged 34

Four random kids from China, Korea, Thailand and some place in the Middle East who turn out to be crap

That sort of player will really enjoy sharing the locker room with Stephen Ireland, and with each other. Honestly, it's car crash material. I will go along with Corp in that they must have been working this for months, they have planned it all to try and humiliate either Chelsea or Man Utd, which isn't something you can do if you are worrying about borrowing money off John Wardle because you can't pay the wages. I don't agree that it will harm us though, City are going up, then they will be going down. Only I'm not even sure they will have the upswing first on this occasion. In any case, a leopard can't change it's spots.

Now, what odds on them bidding £50m for young Micah Richards :)

They're already buying young players with world class potential though. Sooner or later, with the kind of money available, they'll put together a side that will gel. How can they not improve when they can buy pretty much whom they choose and it doesn't even matter if they flop-they just go out and get somebody else, with money no object. They might not actually become European champions, or even Premier League champions, but if they filled their stadium with the team they had under Keegan, they can certainly do it with the kind of quaity that looks like is coming. If you take into account the heavily boosted profile and the fact that they'll almost certainly win something, if only an FA Cup, how can this not affect our fanbase-and that of other smaller local clubs-particularly when it comes to the kids?

Edited by Corporal_Jones