who did Latics play the day you were born?

Born on either 6th or 7th Nov 1974, either way it's beating Forest 1-0 away. Result!

I will not accept that you are younger than me! There is clearly some doubt as to the day of the birth - I suspect that the year can't be relied on either :wink:

For the record I was born between:

Dec 30 1972 Brentford (a) 1-1 Att 7,720

and

Jan 6th 1973 Bolton (h) 2-0 Att 19,745 (!)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will not accept that you are younger than me! There is clearly some doubt as to the day of the birth - I suspect that the year can't be relied on either :wink:

and

Note how this was arranged so that I did not miss a match. B)

Feel even older now, Lee. Was at that one too. We'd clinched promotion the week before and thousands of Latics fans were there creating a real carnival atmosphere, there were nuns, gorillas, Roman legionaries, scooby doos, darth vaders everywhere, great day even though we played :censored:e and lost 2-0, although our nemesis Tommy Johnson scored a wonderful diving header for the second. AND Meadow Lane was a real :censored:-hole back then!

Don't forget Saddam Hussein was there with Freddie Krueger (or was it Mercury? lol)!

Nearest match to day I was born we won 1-0 away at Workington in the old 3rd Division!

Edited by martjs

As nobody but me picked up on Savage's claim to be younger than I am, I realised it was open season on the truth :)

As nobody but me picked up on Savage's claim to be younger than I am, I realised it was open season on the truth :)

24th September 1988 at roughly kick off time - we played Hull City at home. Turns out my Girlfriends dad sponsored the game as I found out when I grabbed a pint pot to read the inscription saying that hed been given this as part of the sponsorship package.

Must be fate

--just quietly slipping this one in here--

Not me but my firstborn: Kento Arthur T****r; the future Andy Ritchie.

Born Sep. 7 2008, with Oldham top o' the league, having beaten Tranmere. Thank you very much Ruuubes.

Currently sleeping with mum and a stuffed Chaddy the Owl. The bugger's got no chance!!! A world away, (Japan) but a blue through and through.

His grandad is under strict instructions to get him in Chaddy's Gang this week. As they say: One is never too young to learn;)

:bblue2::bblue2::bblue2::bblue2::bblue2::shock::bblue2::bblue2::bblue2:

Edited by kirinclassic

2 days before I was born, we lost 3-0 away to West Ham in the league.

Ooh, just noticed we played in the FA cup on the actual day I was born - won 3-1 at home to Leicester in R4! Bet my mum was looking out of the hospital window wishing she could be across the road!

Edited by maddog

Born Sep. 7 2008, with Oldham top o' the league, having beaten Tranmere. Thank you very much Ruuubes.

Currently sleeping with mum and a stuffed Chaddy the Owl. The bugger's got no chance!!! A world away, (Japan) but a blue through and through.

His grandad is under strict instructions to get him in Chaddy's Gang this week. As they say: One is never too young to learn;)

What a well timed thread! Many congrats mate to you and the missus!

* Probably best that we don't mention that Chaddy was wearing monkey sick yellow, not blue*

Congratulations mate, but is your surname really Tosser?

and

Wow, that is a hell of a long labour!

I'm not sure who we played on the day I was born, but unfortunately for me, on the day I got married (17 Aug 1991) we played Liverpool at Anfield - our first game back in the top flight for 67 years!!!!

I carefully planned our wedding to avoid this unique occasion but thanks to the FA - in their infinite wisdom, they brought the 91/92 season forward one week to allow the England team extra time at the end of the season to prepare for the European Championships. My best man and groomsmen didn't speak to me for several weeks after!!!!