NFL - SUPERBOWL

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly it is what years of cheating get you. You win, you show you are a good coach, free agents want to join you, your team gets better, you cheat, you win, etc.

The most disgusting thing is this bloke didn't get banned for life/ the Patriots didn't get a more serious penalty (loss of first round picks for the next ten years, etc.).

I would love it if they won nothing, second to Belichick getting destitute*. That :censored:tard has ruined the game for years to come now. It really sickens me, as this is (other than football) my main sport to watch. From top to bottom, college, Allstars, to the Cardinals {hold on, that's bottom to bottom?}. And for the top level to be so ruined by cheating irks me beyond belief. Although a Cards fan with nothing other than this against the Pats, I will be supporting every team that plays that bunch of twats this season.

Woo-hoo. Managed that without swearing. Much.

*I can think of better things, but people seem a bit touchy when you wish that upon others.

I'll go for the Colts this year, although as a Bears fan myself I would love them to do something but a distinct lack of a quality QB and now RB, its going to be a season where they rely on their defense a LOT!

My rant about NFL is that I'm miffed off there is another game at Wembley this year, this is another example of money talking. The UK does not have an official American Football side anymore, in fact the majority of European teams are based in Germany and it would be the right and fair thing to stage a game here, preferably Munich of course!....grumble....grumble...grumble

On a side note, I wonder how many of the people attending the NFL match at Wembley are followers of a Premiership team and are dead against a 39th game abroad idea. I wonder if they see the irony in it all?

I think it is only a matter of time before the expansion of the season brings about many games abroad*. 32 teams means one extra game each, meaning 16 games abroad each season whilst retaining the full home programme. It'll just take away a pre-season friendly where everyone of any talent sits on their arses. Certainly Germany will take some of these as it has shown it is the only country in Europe with a sustained appetite for the sport. Other than England and Germany I could see Mexico, Japan, Toronto and maybe Australia and China getting in on the act. But if there is to be a whole season then we'll probably get more than one game in both these countries. The NFL always has the idea that if it goes tits up, there are always enough places in the US without a franchise to pop into.

*the Labor (I'll use their spelling, even if it is wrong) Agreement is what seems to be pushing this at the moment, so it should certainly be happening within three years. Well either that or there'll be a strike which is always good for the Cardinals ;)

I think it is only a matter of time before the expansion of the season brings about many games abroad*. 32 teams means one extra game each, meaning 16 games abroad each season whilst retaining the full home programme. It'll just take away a pre-season friendly where everyone of any talent sits on their arses. Certainly Germany will take some of these as it has shown it is the only country in Europe with a sustained appetite for the sport. Other than England and Germany I could see Mexico, Japan, Toronto and maybe Australia and China getting in on the act. But if there is to be a whole season then we'll probably get more than one game in both these countries. The NFL always has the idea that if it goes tits up, there are always enough places in the US without a franchise to pop into.

*the Labor (I'll use their spelling, even if it is wrong) Agreement is what seems to be pushing this at the moment, so it should certainly be happening within three years. Well either that or there'll be a strike which is always good for the Cardinals ;)

There was talk of a 17th game for every team...8 at home, 8 away and 1 international game. Can see that happening one day.

As for this season, I dont think we will repeat, but still think we should make the playoffs. The injury to Umenyiora and Strahan retiring means our pass rush just isnt as amazing as it was last season.

As for the champions? Probably the Colts. Keep the Superbowl in the Manning family for 3 years running. I think the Cheatriots will be up there again, and I also think Dallas (unfortunately) will be in contention.

Cant wait for tonight.....

There was talk of a 17th game for every team...8 at home, 8 away and 1 international game. Can see that happening one day.

As for this season, I dont think we will repeat, but still think we should make the playoffs. The injury to Umenyiora and Strahan retiring means our pass rush just isnt as amazing as it was last season.

As for the champions? Probably the Colts. Keep the Superbowl in the Manning family for 3 years running. I think the Cheatriots will be up there again, and I also think Dallas (unfortunately) will be in contention.

The 'Cheatriots'? Get a grip man. 'Cos as soon as they got found out they went rubbish didn't they? Load of overblown nonsense. Belichick is a legend and anyone who says otherwise is a moron.

The 'Cheatriots'? Get a grip man. 'Cos as soon as they got found out they went rubbish didn't they? Load of overblown nonsense. Belichick is a legend and anyone who says otherwise is a moron.

Bellichick has said himself that he has been cheating in this manner for SEVEN YEARS. That encapsulated three Superbowls, and a period of serious success. There is no excuse and if you can't face the fact that the Pats cheated their way to success then you are completely blind to the facts, admitted by the head coach in question. The Patriots as an organisation are a complete disgrace.

I think they'll be up there as they still have many staff who are very good, but that all came about due to the initial cheating.

Once they where found to be cheats all future success is tainted.

Belichick out.

No, never said they went rubbish. But they are cheats, convicted of it. And that is a fact.

18-1 :) that Superbowl win was sweet.

Im all ready for tonight :) Got my Manning Jersey on right now :D

I certainly expect us to make the playoffs and any team making the play offs has a chance of going all the way so I would put the Giants part of 6 teams who can do it. I dont think the patriots will do it. I agree with you that the Colts are up there... Hope your wrong about Dallas :)

GO BIG BLUE :D Easy win tonight hopefully!!

You checked out NFL Game Pass dave ? I bought it the other day and it rocks :)

Can wait to go over to watch the Cowboy v Giants game in November :D

Edited by oafc0000

Im all ready for tonight :) Got my Manning Jersey on right now :D

I certainly expect us to make the playoffs and any team making the play offs has a chance of going all the way so I would put the Giants part of 6 teams who can do it. I dont think the patriots will do it. I agree with you that the Colts are up there... Hope your wrong about Dallas :)

GO BIG BLUE :D Easy win tonight hopefully!!

You checked out NFL Game Pass dave ? I bought it the other day and it rocks :)

Can wait to go over to watch the Cowboy v Giants game in November :D

I have seen the game pass, usure wether to buy it though (very tempted). I have a very good extremely reliable streaming site for NFL games which always has the Giants on if we are not on Sky. Plus I use a very good torrent site for all shows and the odd Giants game which is a late one (ie Monday nights when I have to work early Tuesday). Although, I do have to then avoid the result.

Would love to go over for a game. One of my best mates is a Raiders fan, and we got them at home next season, so we are planning on going over for it. Giants v Cowboys should be a mega one!

I have seen the game pass, usure wether to buy it though (very tempted). I have a very good extremely reliable streaming site for NFL games which always has the Giants on if we are not on Sky. Plus I use a very good torrent site for all shows and the odd Giants game which is a late one (ie Monday nights when I have to work early Tuesday). Although, I do have to then avoid the result.

Would love to go over for a game. One of my best mates is a Raiders fan, and we got them at home next season, so we are planning on going over for it. Giants v Cowboys should be a mega one!

I will let you know how it works out tonight...

Its meant to block out the games if they are being shown on sky, due to rights issues, but apparently thats only Sunday night games, so it should stream tonight, I will let you know how good it is... The demo on there site looks amazing and picture looks somewhere between HD and digital TV.... Also because of the encoding it uses it shouldnt cause too many problems with bandwidth with the ISP....

The thing with illegal sites is that some times the steraming can be poor and the game pass is only about £100 for the season and is good enough to look great on my 42" plasma....

Cant wait for the Cowboys game... If you had to choose one game to watch as a Giants fans thats going to score pritty high isnt it... :) I will let you know how the trip goes and i will post the pics...

I will let you know how it works out tonight...

Its meant to block out the games if they are being shown on sky, due to rights issues, but apparently thats only Sunday night games, so it should stream tonight, I will let you know how good it is... The demo on there site looks amazing and picture looks somewhere between HD and digital TV.... Also because of the encoding it uses it shouldnt cause too many problems with bandwidth with the ISP....

The thing with illegal sites is that some times the steraming can be poor and the game pass is only about £100 for the season and is good enough to look great on my 42" plasma....

Cant wait for the Cowboys game... If you had to choose one game to watch as a Giants fans thats going to score pritty high isnt it... :) I will let you know how the trip goes and i will post the pics...

Ive used this streaming site for the past 3 years, its pretty damn good for some ridiculously low price of £3 a month (better pic quality than p2p progs like Sopcast, and super reliable). Ive looked at the demo on NFL.com and it does look amazing....thats why im tempted. To be honest, Giants are on TV a lot (especially as sky have 5 games on a Sunday), and as they block out the TV games thats why im erring on no at the moment.

Do you have the all access pass or the follow your team pass?

Got my Umenyiora shirt ready....well gutted he is out for the season :(

Edited by dave_ragg1984

Ive used this streaming site for the past 3 years, its pretty damn good for some ridiculously low price of £3 a month (better pic quality than p2p progs like Sopcast, and super reliable). Ive looked at the demo on NFL.com and it does look amazing....thats why im tempted. To be honest, Giants are on TV a lot (especially as sky have 5 games on a Sunday), and as they block out the TV games thats why im erring on no at the moment.

Do you have the all access pass or the follow your team pass?

Got my Umenyiora shirt ready....well gutted he is out for the season :(

I have the follow your team as I dont really watch anyone but the giants, prefer to pick up the highlights for the other games...

Gutted as well about Umeyiora... Was due a big season :(

Watching the feed now on my plasma and even at only 1000kbps it looks good...

Looks even better on my laptop closer to the router... Very smooth...

Best part is though its the proper american feed rather than the british one which keeps cutting to that bloody studio....

Im well chuffed :)

They also showed the trophy being presented to the crowd at giants stadium... I swithced over to sky and they weret showing it :o

Decent win....

I was worried about our defence with the missing players but the defence was quite solid all night and I never felt like the Redskins where going to pull it back...

The offence should of got more touchdowns but I know out offence has TDs in them so im not concerned about that...

Overall a decent night and I think were a pritty solid hard to beat side...

Happy with the starts

Decent win....

I was worried about our defence with the missing players but the defence was quite solid all night and I never felt like the Redskins where going to pull it back...

The offence should of got more touchdowns but I know out offence has TDs in them so im not concerned about that...

Overall a decent night and I think were a pritty solid hard to beat side...

Happy with the starts

Yeah, decent win. Defence looked very solid. Offence started like a train, but then seemed to have problems sealing the deal. In all honesty, the game should have been wrapped up and dead half way through the 2nd quarter.

Room for improvement, main thing is to start with a win though. And wins against divisional rivals are always good.

Yeah, decent win. Defence looked very solid. Offence started like a train, but then seemed to have problems sealing the deal. In all honesty, the game should have been wrapped up and dead half way through the 2nd quarter.

Room for improvement, main thing is to start with a win though. And wins against divisional rivals are always good.

So let me get this straight. Despite turning little known players into superstars (who other clubs have only been too happy to steal on big contracts) the Patriots success is down to cheating? Absolute nonsense and you know it. Players such as Vrabel, Bruschi, Brady, Moss - they bring you success, not having a quick peek at the opposition's playbook.

I hope they ram it down everyone's throats this year as they should have done last. The Giants winning the Superbowl devalued the whole season.

So let me get this straight. Despite turning little known players into superstars (who other clubs have only been too happy to steal on big contracts) the Patriots success is down to cheating? Absolute nonsense and you know it. Players such as Vrabel, Bruschi, Brady, Moss - they bring you success, not having a quick peek at the opposition's playbook.

I hope they ram it down everyone's throats this year as they should have done last. The Giants winning the Superbowl devalued the whole season.

Nonsense? We'll never know. All I know is the Patriots cheated. Whether they would win KNOWING EVERY PLAY THE OPPOSITION IS ABOUT TO MAKE, well you decide. Winning certainly enabled them to recruit better players for less money though.

As for the last throwaway comment. Tough. Better team won. A better win I can barely think of.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

Nonsense? We'll never know. All I know is the Patriots cheated. Whether they would win KNOWING EVERY PLAY THE OPPOSITION IS ABOUT TO MAKE, well you decide. Winning certainly enabled them to recruit better players for less money though.

As for the last throwaway comment. Tough. Better team won. A better win I can barely think of.

After the Patriots got done for this 'game changing cheating' that you seem to think is responsible for them becoming the greatest team in the modern era, they went on an almost perfect season. What does that tell you?

The Giants win was a fluke. Yes their defence was awesome. But even so, if Asante Samuel makes a catch that he would nine times out of ten it's game over. And the one handed miracle catch was a throw and hope. It wouldn't surprise me if Manning had his eyes closed when he launched it. Better team lost.

Edited by Guernica