NFL - SUPERBOWL

After the Patriots got done for this 'game changing cheating' that you seem to think is responsible for them becoming the greatest team in the modern era, they went on an almost perfect season. What does that tell you?

The Giants win was a fluke. Yes their defence was awesome. But even so, if Asante Samuel makes a catch that he would nine times out of ten it's game over. And the one handed miracle catch was a throw and hope. It wouldn't surprise me if Manning had his eyes closed when he launched it. Better team lost.

A fluke... What a load of bollox....

We had a awesome defence and a offence that came alive in the play offs... The best team won... We totally stopped Brady playing, nothing flukey about that at all... We all saw almost got the measure of them in the last game of the season, we learnt alot from that game on how to beat them...

To call it a fluke is so disrespectful... You either meant to be disrespectful or just showed how much you know about American Football...

Edited by oafc0000

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll go for the Colts this year, although as a Bears fan myself I would love them to do something but a distinct lack of a quality QB and now RB, its going to be a season where they rely on their defense a LOT!

My rant about NFL is that I'm miffed off there is another game at Wembley this year, this is another example of money talking. The UK does not have an official American Football side anymore, in fact the majority of European teams are based in Germany and it would be the right and fair thing to stage a game here, preferably Munich of course!....grumble....grumble...grumble

On a side note, I wonder how many of the people attending the NFL match at Wembley are followers of a Premiership team and are dead against a 39th game abroad idea. I wonder if they see the irony in it all?

glad to see thre is another Bears fan in the midst - oh for a decent quarterback Grossman is pants as all Bears fans know not a position to have your weakest link..

i am attending the game at wembley as i did last year

Edited by neiladamsheadband

After the Patriots got done for this 'game changing cheating' that you seem to think is responsible for them becoming the greatest team in the modern era, they went on an almost perfect season. What does that tell you?

The Giants win was a fluke. Yes their defence was awesome. But even so, if Asante Samuel makes a catch that he would nine times out of ten it's game over. And the one handed miracle catch was a throw and hope. It wouldn't surprise me if Manning had his eyes closed when he launched it. Better team lost.

I'll tell you what it tells me...it tells me they were almost perfect, but still second best.

Better team lost? Really? Is that why Tom Brady was hit 25 times in total? In the game the Giants made 64 more yards, were in the red zone more times, had possesion for longer, sacked to opposition QB more times (5-3), and had a better average yards per play. Oh yeah, and scored more points.

The catch may have been throw and hope from Manning, but at 3rd and 10, clock ticking, just managed to avoid the sack...what is he going to do? Throw it away? And the catch was amazing. To manage to hold on to that when the opposition player was pulling the ball and arm away from him showed great desire, and showed who wanted it more. And as for the winning TD...well Burress sold the CB a good un and it was almost too easy.

The catch may have been throw and hope from Manning, but at 3rd and 10, clock ticking, just managed to avoid the sack...what is he going to do? Throw it away? And the catch was amazing. To manage to hold on to that when the opposition player was pulling the ball and arm away from him showed great desire, and showed who wanted it more. And as for the winning TD...well Burress sold the CB a good un and it was almost too easy.

Totally agree...

Was one of the most memoriable moments ever in a super bowl... For Manning to recompose himself after almost getting sacked and launch it downfield anywhere near Tyree was amazing! It was a little high and required a great catch from Tyree which he delivered...

If Brady had done the same he would be held up as the greatest QB of all time...

This is just pure jeloousay... We won :) They lost :) Best team won :) Burress made there CB look ameaturist :) We found them out in the last game of the season and took them apart in the Super Bowl...

As for the Patriots doing it all againt this year..... Im not so sure :) I can see a similar end to there run...

I think the Giants are play off material and after that who knows...

All this is like talking to a premership teams fan after they got stomped out by a lower league side... Take a look at yourselfs, being Oldham fans I would expect more :)

Edited by oafc0000

Good news for those that hate the Pats (I'm not one- but I don't like them either). Tom Brady may well have torn his cruciate ligament(s) and if this is so he will be out for the rest of this season (and probably won't be fully fit for the entirity of next season). The Pats will be anxiously awaiting the results of an MRI and even if the ligament(s) is not torn the fact that he is serious enough for them to do an MRI means he will miss a few weeks. They may do well without him but they will need him to win the whole thing.

Giants going to shear the rams tonight :D

First full game I will be watching on Game pass :)

Big one is tonight. Pats at Jets. Cassel has not started a game since high school in 1999. I like what I've seen of him but it's a huge ask. Fingers crossed.

Do you have to pay for this Game Pass?

Big one is tonight. Pats at Jets. Cassel has not started a game since high school in 1999. I like what I've seen of him but it's a huge ask. Fingers crossed.

Yes, But dont get it this week because the Patriots v Jets is on Sky and so its blacked out.

http://www.nfl.com/gamepass

Im going to get the one week pass this week for the Giants game. We are on Sky next week, and generally on TV a lot, especially if we are doing well. ALthough, if it is as good as everyone says, I think I might pay for the full season.

Edited by dave_ragg1984

Yes, But dont get it this week because the Patriots v Jets is on Sky and so its blacked out.

http://www.nfl.com/gamepass

Im going to get the one week pass this week for the Giants game. We are on Sky next week, and generally on TV a lot, especially if we are doing well. ALthough, if it is as good as everyone says, I think I might pay for the full season.

Yeah....I pritty much agree with this...

I bought the follow a team pass for the Giants so I can watch every game... It will probably work out a bit more value for money to just buy the weekly pass... I dont see the point in the full pass if you have a sky subscription because you get about 7/8 games a week on sky... Only worth getting it to follow your team...

I had the money so just got the years pass... I think a £100 plus my sky subscription was a resonable amount of money to see every giant game but I could of probably got it cheaper...

Giants are on week 3 and 6 at the moment... So I need my pass to watch week 2, 4 and 5... Week 7 and 8 havent been annouced yet.... So if I only watch 3 games it isnt all that bad...compared to missing them :D

You also get NFL Gameday and NFL Playbook shows including with the pass as well...

Go big blue :D

Edited by oafc0000

Not if your a Giants fan :)

I reckon Jets will walk it to be honest... They looked good last week, Farve has hit the ground running and Cassel has alot of preasure on him...

Serisouly, I really cant see the Pats doing well this term....

Not if your a Giants fan :)

I reckon Jets will walk it to be honest... They looked good last week, Farve has hit the ground running and Cassel has alot of preasure on him...

Serisouly, I really cant see the Pats doing well this term....

They (NYJ) only beat the Dolphins (allbeit a rejuvinated side) by seven last week. There's a lot of talent in NE, still. If number 81 can get free often enough they'll be OK. I woulnd't write them off just yet anyway.

Cassel has seemed relaxed and even confident in the press build up. Hopefully he'll carry that onto the pitch.

They (NYJ) only beat the Dolphins (allbeit a rejuvinated side) by seven last week. There's a lot of talent in NE, still. If number 81 can get free often enough they'll be OK. I woulnd't write them off just yet anyway.

Cassel has seemed relaxed and even confident in the press build up. Hopefully he'll carry that onto the pitch.

Think it will be close, dont think the Jets will walk it by any stretch. Obviously the Jets are much improved from last year as they now have the legend that is Brett Favre. It means that they will be good to watch, even if not very good. The Patriots will definitely be weaker, as they have lost Brady. But the teams are about more than just the QB. I reckon New England will win by about 5.

Giants are on week 3 and 6 at the moment... So I need my pass to watch week 2, 4 and 5... Week 7 and 8 havent been annouced yet.... So if I only watch 3 games it isnt all that bad...compared to missing them :D

We have a bye in week 4. Do you get to pick another game if we are on a bye or blacked out?

Looking at the shedule, i would expect the following to be on sky (either main game or on the red button):

Week 8- @Pittsburgh

Week 9- vs Dallas

Week 10- @Philadelphia (confirmed as sunday night)

Week 12- @Arizona (is a 9pm KO, and there are only usually 3 or 4 games at 9, so Id expect red button)

Then the next 3 weeks we have Washington, Philadelphia and Dallas. At least one of them will be on main game, if not moved to the late game for flexi-scheduling, the NFC East is THE most competitive division.

Could be looking at at least half of our games being live on Sky.

Edited by dave_ragg1984

We have a bye in week 4. Do you get to pick another game if we are on a bye or blacked out?

Looking at the shedule, i would expect the following to be on sky (either main game or on the red button):

Week 8- @Pittsburgh

Week 9- vs Dallas

Week 12- @Arizona (is a 9pm KO, and there are only usually 3 or 4 games at 9, so Id expect red button)

Then the next 3 weeks we have Washington, Philadelphia and Dallas. At least one of them will be on main game, if not moved to the late game for flexi-scheduling, the NFC East is THE most competitive division.

Yeah forgot about week 4...

Like I said, money wasnt the motiviation behind getting it... :)

I doint know if we get to choose another game... I dont think u can... That said... I would more than likely choose to watch the sky games instead anyways...

Edited by oafc0000

Week 8- @Pittsburgh

Week 9- vs Dallas

Im watching Week 9 at the stadium :D

lol....well...they where walking it :D

Well, they have walked it in the end. 2 mins to go and Rodgers has 3tds and 328 yards.

Easy win for the Giants. St Louis heads went completely int he second half, haven't had an easier win for a while.

Watched it on the gamepass. Was very impressed with the quality, however it did pause on me in the 3rd 1/4 and i had to restart it, missed about 5 mins. All in all though, quite an impressive thing they got there. Not sure what game to watch now, NE V NY is blacked out and my old man is watching Sky so that one is a no no.

Well, they have walked it in the end. 2 mins to go and Rodgers has 3tds and 328 yards.

Easy win for the Giants. St Louis heads went completely int he second half, haven't had an easier win for a while.

Watched it on the gamepass. Was very impressed with the quality, however it did pause on me in the 3rd 1/4 and i had to restart it, missed about 5 mins. All in all though, quite an impressive thing they got there. Not sure what game to watch now, NE V NY is blacked out and my old man is watching Sky so that one is a no no.

Going to see if I can watch NE v NY is the wife is being nice :P