NFL - SUPERBOWL

Going to see if I can watch NE v NY is the wife is being nice :P

It was a return to the Patriots of a couple of years ago. They tried to control the game and pretty much did so. The defence was tremendous and the sight of Adalius Thomas throwing Favre and a blocker to the turf for a loss of 20 was memorable.

Jury still out on Cassel though. He did well but it was only the Jets. And he can't throw screen passes forever. Am hoping he'll grow with confidence. Randy Moss was looking disinterested already and that's not a good sign. It seems that Wes Welker will see more ball than him this year.

Giants looked good but now Brady's gone I can't see past the Cowboys for the Superbowl.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a return to the Patriots of a couple of years ago. They tried to control the game and pretty much did so. The defence was tremendous and the sight of Adalius Thomas throwing Favre and a blocker to the turf for a loss of 20 was memorable.

Jury still out on Cassel though. He did well but it was only the Jets. And he can't throw screen passes forever. Am hoping he'll grow with confidence. Randy Moss was looking disinterested already and that's not a good sign. It seems that Wes Welker will see more ball than him this year.

Giants looked good but now Brady's gone I can't see past the Cowboys for the Superbowl.

I agree that the Pats looked like the Pats of old. The jury is out on Cassel but I was unimpressed... I really really dont fancy the Pats this year.

Cowboys have to be one of the faves but it remains to be seen if Romo can actually play a decent game in the play offs....

I agree that the Pats looked like the Pats of old. The jury is out on Cassel but I was unimpressed... I really really dont fancy the Pats this year.

Cowboys have to be one of the faves but it remains to be seen if Romo can actually play a decent game in the play offs....

You all seem to be missing the Cardinals run for perfection this year. :grin:

:)

I just watched the San Deigo v Denver game... Brillant game... Awful call by the ref, TD and 2 point conversion gives Denver the game :)

That was the game I chose to watch last night....and boy am I glad I did. Was a fantastic game, although SD must be sooo gutted, they got right royally bummed by the officials. Very gutsy call to go for two though, what a great ending. San Diego lose tow in two weeks right at the death, they could so easily be 2-0 , yet they are 0-2...though as we all know, 0-2 isnt the end of the world ;)

Anybody see the Cowboy game last night... Best game so far...

I just dont get Romo... Clearly a great QB but cracks if you can get preasure to him... Cowboys will be at the playoffs but im not ready to accept they can make it through...

He makes errors but he can also be brilliant. The Cowboys' season starts when they get to the playoffs.

history says thats where it ends... So many times they have failed in the play offs in recent years...

Im not convinced Romo can stay focused... Time will tell...

Romo is not a very good quaterback. He has some excellent targets to hit out there, especially Owens and Witten. He will look good during the season, and then when it really matters he will bottle it. Last year against the Giants he just couldn't handle it...and the year before...ooops...lol.

martin-grammatica-and-tony-romo.jpg

Its a bit like this backup the Pats have got. They will be ok with him, they have Wes Welker and Randy Moss still, and a great line protecting him. A half decent pro QB should be able to win games with talent like that around him. Its when you get to the back end of the season and the playoffs that the really top QB's come to the fore.

Watching the Bengals/Giants game on Sky - (well until X-Factor replay on ITV2+1 came on - I could only put it off for so long!) and I liked the game. First time I've really watched football since it was on channel four about god knows how long ago. Anyhoo, since I cannot watch it live at the moment I've sourced out a few US radio stations to listen to the NFL games legally. As per anything else, if your watching it streamed and you haven't paid for it - it's probably an illegal broadcast. But the free radio stations are pretty good for somebody like me, who is trying to pick up the nuances of the sport. I think NBC has a live streaming video ball game on (20:00 ET) but it may be only regional...

http://radiotime.com/affiliate/a_33028/sta...o_Stations.aspx

Play it in IE, firefox 2.xxx and a plug in doesn't seem to work well...

All I've gotta do now is choose my team!

Mmmm, Saints? :grin:

AWESOME win for the giants :D Well done Eli and Buress! Pulled it out of the bag late on!! Brillant pass rush again!!! 6 sacks I think it was....

Much credit to the Bengals... THere offence was strong tonight against a good defence... Much respect! They wont stay 0-3 for long now...

Patriots got battered by the fins... Im telling you... The pats wont do well this term :D

Looking forward to tonights game... Green Bay V Cowboys.... Crunch time for Romo I feel.... I kind of fancy GB to do something tonight...

AWESOME win for the giants :D Well done Eli and Buress! Pulled it out of the bag late on!! Brillant pass rush again!!! 6 sacks I think it was....

Much credit to the Bengals... THere offence was strong tonight against a good defence... Much respect! They wont stay 0-3 for long now...

Patriots got battered by the fins... Im telling you... The pats wont do well this term :D

Looking forward to tonights game... Green Bay V Cowboys.... Crunch time for Romo I feel.... I kind of fancy GB to do something tonight...

The cant stay 0-3 for long, they have another game next week!

I was a bit dissapointed with the team today, mainly because I honestly thought we would blow them out. Had a bet on us to win by 23. Pass rush was amazing, again, but we didnt do too well against the run, and I thought we didn't get Burress in to the game enough.

At least a win is a win though, 3-0, cant ask for much more going into the Bye. We really should be looking at 6-0 (watch us go 3-3 now after I said that!) before we actually start playing the decent teams (ie, Steelers, Cowboys).

The cant stay 0-3 for long, they have another game next week!

I was a bit dissapointed with the team today, mainly because I honestly thought we would blow them out. Had a bet on us to win by 23. Pass rush was amazing, again, but we didnt do too well against the run, and I thought we didn't get Burress in to the game enough.

At least a win is a win though, 3-0, cant ask for much more going into the Bye. We really should be looking at 6-0 (watch us go 3-3 now after I said that!) before we actually start playing the decent teams (ie, Steelers, Cowboys).

Yeah I was a bit dissapointed as well but have to remember that the Bengals are actually a good team going through a bad patch. There offence played as it should every week. They should never have been 0-2 really....

Look at the posatives... Another brillant defence performance and a offence who delivered at crunch time... Im excited for this season now.... Im sooo looking forward to the Cowboy game... Would be nice to see a win in my first and probably last visit to Giants stadium. Planning on going back when the new stadium is finished.

Just thought I would share this with you....best NFL site ever!

<a href="http://www.nygiantsgirl.com/" target="_blank">

http://www.nygiantsgirl.com/</a>

I know that Giants Girl may not be a cheer leader, but I'd thought I'd look for some other NFL "diversions". The Saints cheerleaders "Saintsations" are a mixed bag at best, with Shante looking like she could eat her dinner through a letterbox. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh, I'm willing to give her the benefit, I'm a reasonable guy.

Not unlike NOS at the moment, the Saints cheerleaders are being propped up by a few stars...

http://www.saintsations.org/

And for all you pervs ( :rolleyes: ) out there, here's loads of NFL cheerleader calendars..

http://www.cheerleader.com/Calendars.html

Back to the football, nice to see the Saints are top of something at the moment - average passing yards - no question Drew Brees is one of the best QB's about, there's plenty of depth in that position too. However, looks like we've got a shorthanded defence with loads of injuries at the moment. After listening to the NOS fan podcasts, they're quite an upbeat bunch who are looking forward to some great times ahead. The Saints are coming...

Nawleens steady for 2-2, that was a "must win game" - to go 1-3 would've been a disaster. They're now at home for the next two games as well. All the big players clocked in - Meachem, Bush, Duece, Lance Moore and even Gramatica was given a confidence FG at the death. Highlight play was the throw back from Bush at the snap, for Brees to complete a 52 yard pass to Meachem (? I think it was him, can't remember).

http://tinyurl.com/4lsvto

WHO DAT!

Edit: J.T O'Sullivan is still getting sacked.