NFL - SUPERBOWL

good game cowboys v redskins like the look of the washington QB campbell could be a good prospect,

my teamthe bears now back on track maybe 2-2 but onward form here

Think thats 2 good results last night for the Giants. Eagles and Cowboys both losing is good for us I think, as they are more of a threat than the Redskins.

Good news is we are on Sky, again, next week.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nawleens steady for 2-2, that was a "must win game" - to go 1-3 would've been a disaster. They're now at home for the next two games as well. All the big players clocked in - Meachem, Bush, Duece, Lance Moore and even Gramatica was given a confidence FG at the death. Highlight play was the throw back from Bush at the snap, for Brees to complete a 52 yard pass to Meachem (? I think it was him, can't remember).

http://tinyurl.com/4lsvto

WHO DAT!

Edit: J.T O'Sullivan is still getting sacked.

If they keep in the chase for the playoffs, Shockey should be back in around 6 weeks, which would give them a good chance. Keep him fit and he is a bit of a monster at TE.

Think thats 2 good results last night for the Giants. Eagles and Cowboys both losing is good for us I think, as they are more of a threat than the Redskins.

Good news is we are on Sky, again, next week.

Yeah good result for the Giants... The Cowboys dont look as good all of a sudden :)

Thats a big ask :) I think it was a great move by the Giants letting him go.

I dont know, his injury record isnt all that bad....he has been to 4 pro bowls in 6 seasons, which you dont do if you are always injured. He did seem to play hurt a lot when he was with the Giants. Dont think it was a "great" move letting him go, but dont think it was a bad one either. Think it was a good decision for both parties. Hope he gets healthy and does well for New Orleans.

I dont know, his injury record isnt all that bad....he has been to 4 pro bowls in 6 seasons, which you dont do if you are always injured. He did seem to play hurt a lot when he was with the Giants. Dont think it was a "great" move letting him go, but dont think it was a bad one either. Think it was a good decision for both parties. Hope he gets healthy and does well for New Orleans.

Your right to be fair...

Yep, very impressive. Manning was hitting everything, plus the Giants didn't have a 3rd down until way into the 2nd quarter! Astonishing gains...

Best of the others..

First win on the road for the Falcons @ Packers, another great game, some great passing for the Packers with 313yds and three TD's. Not enough though.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80b6593b

Eagles @ Washington was decent too with DeSean Jackson running in a 68yd punt return, that guy can move.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80b65544

But for me it Miami holding out for a win over the Chargers -

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80b6551b

Matt Cassel finally being brave enough to throw the ball down the field and the ressurection of Randy Moss. After a terrible start the Patriots showed character.

If he keeps developing we might just be in with a shout.

The Giants were superb. Seattle had a shocker. Hasselback was clearly fooked early doors. NFC East - one hell of a division.

Matt Cassel finally being brave enough to throw the ball down the field and the ressurection of Randy Moss. After a terrible start the Patriots showed character.

If he keeps developing we might just be in with a shout.

The Giants were superb. Seattle had a shocker. Hasselback was clearly fooked early doors. NFC East - one hell of a division.

Theres a reason why they call it the NFC BEast.

From what I have seen in the first 5 weeks, it is wide open this season! We havent really played anyone good yet, we start with an extremely tough run against Pittsburgh in week 8. It includes 5 games against all our division rivals....if we can come through that quite well I might start dreaming of a repeat.

Another small points loss for Nawleens. :(

24-29 L @ Redskins, 32-42 L @ Broncos and now this one against the Viks.

Bush touched down two punt returns, but not even his efforts could change the outcome. Saints dominated the whole game but just couldn't look after the football - turnovers - that made all the difference...

09000d5d80b90110gallerynp8.jpg

Nawleens steadied the ship, 34-3 over a weak Oakland giving the Saints .500 but still bottom of the division.

Couple of Sunday highlights...

Cowboys need to sort themselves out in my opinion. Offensive line arguing with themselves - Romo getting caught too easily, the kick unit missed a 30yd FG. Bizarrely, midway through the 3rd Q the Cowgirls were 14-7 up! A blocked punt in OT results in a Cardinals TD - takes the Cards to 4-2 - superb game, finished 30-24 to Arizona....

Bears vs the Dirty Birds - another crescendo game. Bears make the mistake of not scoring in the red zone early on, but the games' last 10 seconds were incredible. With the Bears winning 22-21, Falcons return a weak kick for 10 yards. This puts them on their own 44 with 6 seconds on the clock, and one time out left. Ryan completes a 26yd pass to Jenkins - timeout - 1 second left on the Chicago 30. What the hell was the Bears D doing here? I was amazed how much they all fell to pieces. Anyway, with excellent field position, a good 48yard FG snatches the victory for the Falcons 24-22.

Miami vs Texans - four word review - Wildcat and Quarterback Draw!

Cowboys need to sort themselves out in my opinion. Offensive line arguing with themselves - Romo getting caught too easily, the kick unit missed a 30yd FG. Bizarrely, midway through the 3rd Q the Cowgirls were 14-7 up! A blocked punt in OT results in a Cardinals TD - takes the Cards to 4-2 - superb game, finished 30-24 to Arizona....

That blocked punt was quality...had a little chuckle at that. A great result for the Giants that....hopefully we will stretch the lead at the top of the BEast tonight.

That blocked punt was quality...had a little chuckle at that. A great result for the Giants that....hopefully we will stretch the lead at the top of the BEast tonight.

SKY + all the yesterdays games so I have been avoiding this thread today :) Just finish watching the games...

Dallas and Patriots are making me smile :) Patriots are average without Brady... and its good to see the Redskins moving above Dallas :)

Bring on the Giants tonight in HD :D 5-0 sounds really good :D

WOW what a bad night :(

Eli couldnt stop throwing lemons and are defence just didnt turn up!

Im looking at the Defence as the root cause of last nights failure. Eli and the offence had a bad night but they still got 14 points on the board....I dont remember the defence putting preasure on Anderson all night let alone actually getting a sack ?? They just didnt turn up.

Oh well, just got to chalk it up as a bad night and move on.

WOW what a bad night :(

Eli couldnt stop throwing lemons and are defence just didnt turn up!

Im looking at the Defence as the root cause of last nights failure. Eli and the offence had a bad night but they still got 14 points on the board....I dont remember the defence putting preasure on Anderson all night let alone actually getting a sack ?? They just didnt turn up.

Oh well, just got to chalk it up as a bad night and move on.

Well, they kept giving us chances with penalties...how many times were they 1st and 15 or 1st and 20? Yet they didnt punt once. Says it all really.

I'll struggle to find an AFC champion though, what's with the Titans? They'll play KC next to go 6-0 (yeah, Titans'll win) and then I can't see anyone beating them until Pittsburgh in December! Does that mean it's a weak AFC?

Don't write off the 0.500 teams at the bottom of their divisions in the NFC...

I'll struggle to find an AFC champion though, what's with the Titans? They'll play KC next to go 6-0 (yeah, Titans'll win) and then I can't see anyone beating them until Pittsburgh in December! Does that mean it's a weak AFC?

Im still confident the Giants will have a strong season. We wont play that badly again for a while I feel. With the Cowboys losing Romo for the next four weeks I reckon the Giants look good now to make it easily into the play offs.

I think the SuperBowl winner will come from the NFC again this year. I fancy Dallas to make a late surge and getting a wildcard slot. Can really see it being the Giants or Dallas in the superbowl.

Edited by oafc0000

Anyone can beat anyone in the NFL, all it takes is one bad day. Tennesse will lose at some point, but they are in a good spot. When you have a start like that, and like the Giants have, it basically means u can go 0.500 for rest of the season and still make the playoffs.

majority of the dividions are not yet sorted with a couple of suprise packages along the way

the BIlls who normally are always consistent will win theAFC East with the Steelers winning the AFC North with a suprise package of the undefeatedTItnans winning the SOUTH from the colts, who nomally are one of he teams to do well. with the BROncos taking the title ahead of the CHagers in the WESTalthough the final game of he season between thse two teams could be a title decider

the NFC EAst is sill wide open alhough the COwboys are starting to look pretty averag(sorry STU) and i would suggest they would have to beat both the giants and the Redskins to stand a chance of taking the title

THE NORTH will come down to the packers and my team the bears again when they play each other in November and the sOUTH is widew open not sure who will take the title,

with the WEST being taken i think by the cardinals with all other teams in this division being too inconsistent this season to make a challenge unf for the usual strong 49ers

Another win for the Giants, solid but not impressive... We are going to have to go up a couple of gears in weeks to come I feel...

Yeah that wasnt the best yesterday....49ers gave us enough chances to absolutely hammer them, but we let them stick in there.

Definitley need to imporve next week. Next week is what I have been looking forward to all season, Pittsburgh are the first really good side we will face (and every game is a tough one from now on). The season really starts here!

Both the Saints and the Chargers got busted this weekend. Carolina pressurised our weak line and it panicked Brees. Uncharacteristic hurried up plays reduced Brees' completion. We've been found out. No Reggie Bush for Wembley unfortunately, but Shockey is back in after playing on Sunday.

Other Sunday highlights....

Vikings gave up 2 punt returns in a points estravaganza in Chicago. The Bears win 48-41 which went down to the wire - Chicago even had to punt from their own 30 with less than 2 minutes to go, an interception with 40 seconds remaining gave Chicago the win.

I don't reckon the Titans can make the advance to be contenders, not this year - but what about those Steelers? Pitts had the best matchup after bye week against the Bengals with Moore weighing in with rushing numbers like 20att 120yds 2 td and 24 long, and their D managed to sack the Bengals QB SEVEN times! :lol: I though Brees had a bad day at the office...

Cleveland @ Washington - both teams left it late to get scores, but it made for an frantic finish. At 3-14 the Browns failed to convert a 4th and goal for any points but managed to recover the ball back on the next set, this time they converted the 4th and goal for the TD and got the 2 extra. This made it 11-14 and a FG would tie it up for Cleveland, but they needed possession. However, Redskins 3rd down in Cleveland territory was stripped and the Browns came up with the ball. After a series of passes and gains - it left Dawson to hit a 54yd FG with seconds remaining....

Unfortunately for the Browns it went wide and the score remained 11-14 to Washington. Great game when it got going...