NFL - SUPERBOWL

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that's us out at 4-5, Falcons are a good side - or at least NO made them look good. More injuries - Saints are bust up, and out of the race.

I reckon the Titans (9-0) will go 14-2 - I said previously that the Tennessee wouldn't get beat until the Steelers in December, but the Jets (6-3) will get them in week 12 first. Speaking of the Jets, looking forward to them taking on the Pats (6-3) next week. In fact the Pats next three games are crackers - NYJ, Miami (4-5) both divisionals and Pittsburgh (6-3). We should have some answers in AFC by the end of that lot...

Whilst I'm here - anybody watch NCAA Football? The other week #2Texas Tech vs #4Texas was a belter, and Texas Tech made short work of #9 Oklahoma State Saturday gone. Geaux LSU! lol!

Whilst I'm here - anybody watch NCAA Football? The other week #2Texas Tech vs #4Texas was a belter, and Texas Tech made short work of #9 Oklahoma State Saturday gone. Geaux LSU! lol!

Someone else watches it? Jebus.

Not happy this week as Penn State threw away their perfect record. All they had to do was run the ball constantly, but did they? I think you know the answer.

Someone else watches it? Jebus.

Not happy this week as Penn State threw away their perfect record. All they had to do was run the ball constantly, but did they? I think you know the answer.

lol! a real BCS ranking changer. I was impressed with #16LSU when they took on #1Alabama - they only lost the ball game in OT after am endzone interception - so close. Scott took two TD's on the day for LSU, and Alabamas Coffee (one to watch I think) rushed 126yds for 1 TD - overall both sides had 735 yards of offence. Good game.

College sport in America....its a tangled web! I really cant understand it, and why do they have so many different bowl matches? I downloaded a few games last season but I really couldn't get into it.

Tennesse will lose soon, most probably to someone you wouldn't expect. The good thing about the NFL is that it really is a case of "any given sunday". Anyone can beat anyone else if they have a good day. The Giants have only lost once this year, and that was to a team that was 3-6!!!

Incidentally, whilst I am on the Giants....another great win. It is never easy for us to go to Philly, a proper inter-city rivalry. Our run in is ridiculous, about as hard as you can get. Starting with the Pittsburgh game last week, ever game up til the end of the season is against sides who currently have a winning record. And it includes 5 divisional games, in what is the toughest division in the NFL.

College sport in America....its a tangled web! I really cant understand it, and why do they have so many different bowl matches? I downloaded a few games last season but I really couldn't get into it.

Tennesse will lose soon, most probably to someone you wouldn't expect. The good thing about the NFL is that it really is a case of "any given sunday". Anyone can beat anyone else if they have a good day. The Giants have only lost once this year, and that was to a team that was 3-6!!!

Incidentally, whilst I am on the Giants....another great win. It is never easy for us to go to Philly, a proper inter-city rivalry. Our run in is ridiculous, about as hard as you can get. Starting with the Pittsburgh game last week, ever game up til the end of the season is against sides who currently have a winning record. And it includes 5 divisional games, in what is the toughest division in the NFL.

The feelings good though isn't it. Philly kept asking us questions on Sunday and we just kept coming back with the answers. Going to be tough but you would expect us to win enough of those remaining games to secure a play off place.

And it includes 5 divisional games, in what is the toughest division in the NFL.

I'm guessing that the Cardinals' division won't be quite up there this season. Thank the Lord everyone in ours is crap. But, the Cardinals being the Cardinals they managed to make it close on Monday night. Defending your own two yard line for the last twenty seconds of a game isn't the way to take out the trash though. And San Fran are most certainly that.

I predict a very early loss in the playoffs this season - which to be honest is a raging success.

Jets (7-3) @ New England (6-4) - has anybody seen this game yet? I saw the first touchdown last night and I've just watched the highlights. Looks like it was a cracker, I think I'll watch the whole thing tonight after work...

Don't know about a cracker - it was certainly a gut wrencher. Pats came back from 24-6 down to take it to OT with Cassel throwing for 400 yards and rushing for 62. Unfortunately the big spending Jets managed to get the winning FG. But the performance of Cassel gives Patriot fans great optimism for the rest of the year.

We now have pro bowlers Brady, Harrison, Thomas and Maroney out for the season.

That's the starting QB, leader of the defence, best linebacker and number one running back. If we can get to the playoffs it's a miracle and a testament to the legendary skills of coach Belichick.

It will also be a big up-yours to those biased sods on Sky who have been waiting for the Pats to slip up for years.

Don't know about a cracker - it was certainly a gut wrencher. Pats came back from 24-6 down to take it to OT with Cassel throwing for 400 yards and rushing for 62. Unfortunately the big spending Jets managed to get the winning FG. But the performance of Cassel gives Patriot fans great optimism for the rest of the year.

We now have pro bowlers Brady, Harrison, Thomas and Maroney out for the season.

That's the starting QB, leader of the defence, best linebacker and number one running back. If we can get to the playoffs it's a miracle and a testament to the legendary skills of coach Belichick.

It will also be a big up-yours to those biased sods on Sky who have been waiting for the Pats to slip up for years.

You mean cheat coach Belichick :)

Now I may not be the biggest Pats fan <cough>, but that defensive holding call that changed the whole game was an absolute crock of :censored:e and the Patriots should feel rightly hard done by. Funny, but rightly hard done by.

To be fair to Guernica, the guys on Sky have had it in for the Pats since before it became relevant that they cheated their way to all their accomplishments. I think their chances are decent of making it to the playoffs. But can't see them progressing much unless Brady's injury isn't as bad as has been made out by the media, although the psychological aspect of playing them would make them a nightmare.

lol...was ace :)

Another win... Easy going to make the play offs... Giants have to be considered the best team in the NFL right now...

Definitely one of the top 3, i think Tennessee and Carolina have a good case for best team in the NFL, but I think we are better than Carolina, and we are the best in the NFC. Tennesse have yet to lose, which is pretty amazing this late in the season....there record might be going tonight though.

Saints staggered to a win to go 5-5 in the NFC South - 5-5 and bottom! Looking at the rest of this division, it may have a team to be worthy of challenging for the NFC Championship. Carolina? I have to agree with you Dave.

I enjoyed Chargers @ Pittsburgh, great defensive arm wrestle - superb weather too.

Dallas win. Romo wasn't playing too well until late on in the first half - shooting the ball behind and getting picked off, but later he was improvising when the D was collapsing, play faking - he wasn't back - but he made the difference. I had the Skins to beat the Cowgirls in my little personal weekly picks, part based on Romo maybe being protected. But like I said, he made the difference.

Titans rally to a win, now I'm starting to take notice - there's some great games coming up though in the AFC...

EDIT: Interesting fact picked off the NOS forums I frequent:

The New Orleans Saints lead the entire NFL with 411 yards of offense per game. The next closest team, the Cardinals, is almost a full 20 yards behind. The defending super bowl Giants are fourth in the league with 372 yards per game.

We just have to stop our opponents putting in 400 yards of offence against us now!

The New Orleans Saints lead the entire NFL with 411 yards of offense per game. The next closest team, the Cardinals, is almost a full 20 yards behind. The defending super bowl Giants are fourth in the league with 372 yards per game.

Bloomin eck....imagine how many yards we would get if we put up huge passing number. We are regularly getting 150-200yds rushing, which is amazing.

the play off places are no were near decided yet and there are many teams who can pinch a play spot, in fact the AFC EAST all dfour teams could pinch a playoff spot, as they can in the NFC EAST as wel, three teams in the NFC NORTH vieing jut for top Spotaaa9(including my team the bearas)(dissppointed with sundays performance) :mad:

at the moment impressed by the run of the TITANS, but wouldnt look past the Giants , or the panthers or even the STEELERS,

the play off places are no were near decided yet and there are many teams who can pinch a play spot, in fact the AFC EAST all dfour teams could pinch a playoff spot, as they can in the NFC EAST as wel, three teams in the NFC NORTH vieing jut for top Spotaaa9(including my team the bearas)(dissppointed with sundays performance) :mad:

at the moment impressed by the run of the TITANS, but wouldnt look past the Giants , or the panthers or even the STEELERS,

Back-to-back 400 yard games. I believe in Matt Cassel...

I reckon the Titans (9-0) will go 14-2 - I said previously that the Tennessee wouldn't get beat until the Steelers in December, but the Jets (6-3) will get them in week 12 first.

I know, I know - I said I'm starting to take notice of them last week, but bingo - the Titans aren't up to scratch my friends.