Lost season tickets

From what I have learnt of this thread I hope SC reads it ! , he may then realise how many freebies are going through the turnstiles at BP :unsure:

Bottom line get the bods on the turnstiles to check the season tickets :)

I feel that I have done the club a service today and highlighted the pit falls of not checking them ^_^

I was livid queueing to enter the Rocky on saturday, my mate came down from Scotland for his first game in a while, whilst we were discussing the £20 admission price, two or three lads in front I vaguely know through my brother were bragging that they'd pnly paid a tenner each for comps off the ground staff. This in my opinion is a joke, as I know these lads go to most games anyway so for the club's own staff to profit whilst the club loses £60 in admission fees alone is deplorable.

I was going to email SC but if i'm honest i'm not sure much will be done. IMO comps for club staff should only be allowed for collection from the ticket office with the recipient's/guest's name printed on them and then the person collecting the ticket has to show I.D. the club is shooting itself in the foot whilst at the same time whingeing about it's finances.

I was livid queueing to enter the Rocky on saturday, my mate came down from Scotland for his first game in a while, whilst we were discussing the £20 admission price, two or three lads in front I vaguely know through my brother were bragging that they'd pnly paid a tenner each for comps off the ground staff. This in my opinion is a joke, as I know these lads go to most games anyway so for the club's own staff to profit whilst the club loses £60 in admission fees alone is deplorable.

I was going to email SC but if i'm honest i'm not sure much will be done. IMO comps for club staff should only be allowed for collection from the ticket office with the recipient's/guest's name printed on them and then the person collecting the ticket has to show I.D. the club is shooting itself in the foot whilst at the same time whingeing about it's finances.

Oafc if you were offered them you would have paid £10, its just unlucky that this time it wasnt yourself making a saving.

Firstly, You would get through most turnstyles with any season ticket voucher.

Secondly, even if you were only looking for say 10 tickets in 500, you still have to look at 500 tickets and bear in mind the numbers you are looking for. They will all start with 0-3 or 1-4, they won't be grouped. It would take hours, every week, with people who aren't skilled in that sort of thing going up and down a list to check each ticket.

Oafc if you were offered them you would have paid £10, its just unlucky that this time it wasnt yourself making a saving.

No I wouldn't, being a student i'd love to get in for a tenner, the but the membership scheme is too much hassle, instead I paid £300+ like everyone else for a ST. I'm not having a go at the lads who benefitted as i'm sure most on here would take the opportunity to make a saving. (Myself included) My point is that club staff are profiting out of the club's generosity and have been doing so for years. If they don't genuinely need the comps, they shouldn't get them, simple as. £30 in the back pocket of one of the groundstaff, means the club are £60 down. Times that by 10 or 20 staff or hangers on, over 23 home games and you can see where i'm going with this.

Edited by oafcprozac