People leaving early

Not sure if this has been mentioned but it really anoys me when people start leaving early. 1 up with 5mins extra time and people are flocking to the exits. You know who you are and im glad you missed the second goal just so you could get out of the car park 5 mins earlier.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but it really anoys me when people start leaving early. 1 up with 5mins extra time and people are flocking to the exits. You know who you are and im glad you missed the second goal just so you could get out of the car park 5 mins earlier.

My regular seat up until this year was in the Lookers upper RRE. There was these two guys and a couple of kids who I don't think every saw 4:30 at BP, they used to leave about 4:20 every game. FFS, what's that all about!!!!!! I've heard of avoiding the traffic but.......................

Don't let it get to you. You arrive at what time you like, others arrive at what time they like. You leave when you like, others leave when they like.

And just a thought.....maybe they have good reason to leave early? Their alternative could be not attending at all....

Don't let it get to you. You arrive at what time you like, others arrive at what time they like. You leave when you like, others leave when they like.

And just a thought.....maybe they have good reason to leave early? Their alternative could be not attending at all....

Fully agree. I much prefer people paying £20 to see as much of the game as they can, than the clowns who pay £20 (Or get freebies in the case of the JPT) to try and drag the clubs good reputation down by their childish misbehaviour.

Who cares when people leave? I often leave early, sometimes even at half time. This is due to shift work. You really need to look at the bigger picture rather than getting "really annoyed" about nothing.

I never saw the point in leaving because we are getting beaten. If you do that then it’s 100% certain that you will go away pissed off, when if you stay there’s always a chance that you get to see at least a consolation goal that makes you walk away a lot happier.

That really irritates me as well cos how must the players feel? If they're losing they need the fans to get behind them not bugger off.

I have never left an Oldham game early and in fact the only time I have ever left a game early was when I went with my mate and his Grandad to watch Dale years ago when Oldham were away - and that was becuase the grandad wanted to beat the traffic :rolleyes:

I notice a few people leave their seats and go and stand in the corner near the exit to await the whistle - so I can understand that a bit more.

There are times when you get tempted (Cardiff home a few years back for instance) but for many of the reasons stated above I don't. You might lose 4-1, but the one could be the goal of the season. Or at least you can vent your frustration at the end if not happy with what you have seen.

I am sure some people have good reasons for leaving early, and others its what they feel happy with.

One thing that amused me last season. Cannot remember the opposition (and the scorelines might be off, but the point is correct), but we were 3-0 up I think going into stoppage time. As the board went up we popped a 4th in. This resulted in the sudden exodous of the majority of the away support.

I mean - Why? What was the thought process going on? "Stoppage time, 3 goals down, we're still in the game....bloody hell 4-0, well its game over now." Maddness - you were willing to sit there till the end of the game at 3-0, but not 4?

As long as they come back for the next game at home, does it really matter?

Have to agree with you two, as long as they turn up next game, not fussed when they leave. I think that a lot of our fanbase come in from outside the borough, so can't blame them for wanting to beat the traffic.

A few hundered fans leaving early is hardly going to demoralise the players. We should be happy that we had an increase in the number of people at the game, if we're going to start singling out people who leave early for abuse*, they may just not bother coming back.

*Reminds me of when I first started following Latics during the 89/90 season and leaving the ground to chants of "Part-time supporters!"

Aslong as they pay there money i dont care if they watch 90 seconds or 90 minutes, it does always amuse me when people leave early but each to there own. Dont have the problem now but used to hate being in the paddock and as people left early theyd stand right infront of you if something went during the game .... let to some heated exchanges between afew people.

What's the earliest anyone's ever left a Latics game except for reasons like the PA has mentioned your car was blocking a driveway or something?

I recall being sat in a pub in Cleethorpes as the second half got underway after leaving at H/T during a cup game/shoeing at Grimsby once.

What's the earliest anyone's ever left a Latics game except for reasons like the PA has mentioned your car was blocking a driveway or something?

I recall being sat in a pub in Cleethorpes as the second half got underway after leaving at H/T during a cup game/shoeing at Grimsby once.

Ive only left early twice ... once was the Wrexham home leg in the LDV and when we were around 6-0 down to Cardiff ...

I once left a game at half time, we were playing Tranmere(IIRC) when Sharp was manager. It was a Sunday and live on ITV also, but went to the game cos I had a season ticket at the time. It was your typical freezing crappy day at ISZ and the football was dire beyond belief, so I gave up. I got home, changed, made myself a Bovril and just as I sat to watch the rest of the second half, Tranmere scored and we in fact lost the game 1-0 that day. So I felt the leaving the game was somewhat justified.

Sharp...useless tosser!

Ive only left early twice ... once was the Wrexham home leg in the LDV and when we were around 6-0 down to Cardiff ...

i understand how it upsets you to a certain degree,but it has always happened,and it isnt just latics,if you see televised games people always leave early.

some people may have a bus to catch,or a train,or have parked in a dubios location or somewhere they shouldnt...

as long as they pay to get in in the first place.....mr corney says he wants more people at bp.....its the polite way of saying the club needs more money,im sure if you asked him about it he would say if they left early thats down to them,but i now have there money so hey....

i know a lot of people leave the chaddy early,but then go and stand under the floodlight to see the last 5 mins then make a quick escape at full time.

that has never wound me up as much as someone taking a kid to a game who isnt interested and just kicks the back of the seat all game..now thats annoying.

i understand how it upsets you to a certain degree,but it has always happened,and it isnt just latics,if you see televised games people always leave early.

some people may have a bus to catch,or a train,or have parked in a dubios location or somewhere they shouldnt...

as long as they pay to get in in the first place.....mr corney says he wants more people at bp.....its the polite way of saying the club needs more money,im sure if you asked him about it he would say if they left early thats down to them,but i now have there money so hey....

i know a lot of people leave the chaddy early,but then go and stand under the floodlight to see the last 5 mins then make a quick escape at full time.

that has never wound me up as much as someone taking a kid to a game who isnt interested and just kicks the back of the seat all game..now thats annoying.

I know :unsure: , I was merely answering the question Mr Shankly asked

Not a Latics match but L**ds v Fulham in the Prem at Elland Road. My mate asked if I wanted to go in the directors box. It was a dire match and 0-0 at half time so we decided to watch the second half in the bar drinking the free champagne. There were reports after the match that a certain Mr Ridsdale kept looking at the empty seats next to him rather angrily :grin:

Thats reminds me of the game QPR had at Port Vale a few seasons back, the were losing 3-1 with 10 minutes to go so a fair few decided to leave early to get a head start.....and then missed QPR's 3 goals in 10 minutes to win the game. :D

I could be wrong here, but wasn't it 1-4 down to come back to 4-4? It was a while ago because Paul Murray was playing for QPR before he signed for us.

According to Saturday's programme, if you left 10 minutes early in every League One game this season you would have missed 38 goals.

I guess that's at least 39 now.

I saw that statistic. Just how you'd manage to attend every League One game so far this season wasn't explained though.

Maybe some people have a disability and want to leave a bit early to save themselves getting pushed and shoved by the ignorant gits there are at oldham. I go with my cousin who is disabled so leave when the board goes up for injury time do you think im arsed if i miss a goal as long as my cousin gets to the car save i couldn't give a flying feck if i miss a goal.